• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Is there a place to see what tournaments are coming up in the next few months?
Stuff

Mar 12th- Kamicon, McMansion (11th-13th)
Mar 19th- HASL, Final Round (18-20)
Mar 26th- Bhambrawl
April 2nd- BIO, Pound 2016 (1-3)
April 9th- Hidden Power, DGR
April 16th- HASL
April 23rd-???
April 30th- BhamBrawl

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
Stuff

Mar 12th- Kamicon, McMansion (11th-13th)
Mar 19th- HASL, Final Round (18-20)
Mar 26th- Bhambrawl
April 2nd- BIO, Pound 2016 (1-3)
April 9th- Hidden Power, DGR
April 16th- HASL
April 23rd-???
April 30th- BhamBrawl
Thank you, sorry about noticing the list on the first page, my phone sucks >.>

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I don't know any of the Florida people at mcmansion, I only know the AL people. So it's looking pretty free.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd really like to have some matches on streams that are losses but not complete blowouts. : (

Anime

Smash Journeyman
If there's a dumb character that no one understands, Ark plays it.

Edit: Yo, Sweaters Sweaters , what's the status on the smaller Birmingham Brawl vods?

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
PM McMansion Predictions:

A1:

Ark
Bloodcross
Childstar

A2:

Ninkendo
Ajred
Who the **** cares they're all bad

B1:

Anime
THEEBIGT
Once again they're all terrible

C1:

Lee Martin
Zoma
Tip

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Sounds like a bunch of people are going to McMansion, but has anyone seen the Smash 4 ruleset for KamiCon?

* Custom moves are allowed. Allowed moves will be provided shortly.
* Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
See the full ruleset for yourself at: http://kamicon.net/gaming/

I had already planned on going to KamiCon regardless of the Smash 4 tournament, but these rules are really outdated. Customs have been pretty heavily debated against and most tournaments ban them. And while I don't have huge issues with the stages, I would like to know why stages like Dreamland aren't included. (It's more likely due to the fact that they are using outdated rules) Hopefully competition won't be too difficult there, but as a person who doesn't really use customs outside of Mii Fighters it'll be pretty annoying to face a Wind Dong. And especially if it's some random who just entered for lol's.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sounds like a bunch of people are going to McMansion, but has anyone seen the Smash 4 ruleset for KamiCon?

* Custom moves are allowed. Allowed moves will be provided shortly.
* Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
We've had someone talk to the host and there will be a rather big issue regarding customs (It's good for us who don't want them)
  • The host isn't allowing people to upload customs from their 3DS. Meaning a good bit of set ups won't have much if any customs to choose from outside of Palu. Those who know how to play the game will also gentleman a non custom match.
You're kinda on your own though for the stage list. Just do your best to adapt and beat the competition, out jank the jank if you will.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
We've had someone talk to the host and there will be a rather big issue regarding customs (It's good for us who don't want them)
  • The host isn't allowing people to upload customs from their 3DS. Meaning a good bit of set ups won't have much if any customs to choose from outside of Palu. Those who know how to play the game will also gentleman a non custom match.
You're kinda on your own though for the stage list. Just do your best to adapt and beat the competition, out jank the jank if you will.
Interesting way to go about it. And like you said Palutena would have her customs no matter what, and I'm assuming that includes Mii's as well. My stance on the stages isn't that negative, but I would have rather played with current day stages.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
No ones going to weebcon, were all getting drunk af in PCola
Well... guess I'm going to weebcon alone then? I'm also still in high school, so the whole "drunk af" thing wouldn't really apply to me.

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Normally at bad cons like this we just pull them over and tell them their tourney is **** and we set the rules. Unless it's like Hamacon where there was literally 2 set ups.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Normally at bad cons like this we just pull them over and tell them their tourney is **** and we set the rules. Unless it's like Hamacon where there was literally 2 set ups.
You guys should have been at kings of the south. The way pm and melee started ignoring the head to was amazing.

Top Bottom