• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

BeastRay

Smash Cadet
NNID
pray75
Is anyone else thinking about going to Low Tier City 4 in Texas? Would love to have a nice Alabama showing for atleast Smash 4.
Depending on what I'm doing around that time, I will going to this. I went to LTC3 and it was a blast. I have a few buddies out there that might be willing to house me, and I'm sure that a few more others wouldn't be a problem either, but I'll have to ask. If not, we got a hotel about 3 miles away for $55 a night, I think? A Ramada Limited. Between 3 or 4 people, it's nothing for a weekend. It all depends on what kind of job I will have at that point, though, but I definitely have that in my calendar as a "must go."

The other thing is that if I could, especially if I can stay with friends, I'd want to go for a week. They have a tourney in Dallas every day of the week now, and if some people aren't going to one or two of them, then someone is usually having a Smashfest. It's a good environment for Smash and every time I go out there, I always find myself improving tremendously. Plus the Let's Play Gaming Expo is insane with the amount of stuff going on, and last time there were rooms with other fighting games, some other retro games, etc. I would definitely recommend going!

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I may be dumb for asking this but are crew battles a thing/going to become a thing in the AL smash scene?
Mayhaps in time. We've got 3 organizations
ASL
HASL
PS

I'm sure melee wise Mikeyy, Rag and the mobile guys would like to put an end to Joot and moogles reign while proving that Mobile, er South Alabama* is better. So that would be another good crew battle.

Rivalry wise, I don't think we've got anything like that going on, but maybe for the next addition of DGR we can do crew battles by city.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Smash Wii U wise we will probably include an honorable mentions list for the next update. It will not be a placeholder for "Oh we want to include who we thought #11-whatever" would be. If anything it would be to document great players in our scene who just happen to be inactive or unable to leave their respective city.

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
Smash Wii U wise we will probably include an honorable mentions list for the next update. It will not be a placeholder for "Oh we want to include who we thought #11-whatever" would be. If anything it would be to document great players in our scene who just happen to be inactive or unable to leave their respective city.
Ok cool, thanks!

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
ASL
HASL
PS

I'm sure melee wise Mikeyy, Rag and the mobile guys would like to put an end to Joot and moogles reign while proving that Mobile, er South Alabama* is better. So that would be another good crew battle.

Rivalry wise, I don't think we've got anything like that going on, but maybe for the next addition of DGR we can do crew battles by city.
Mobiles coming for Birmingham Brawl and I'm pretty sure some of them want to do a crew battle.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
ASL
HASL
PS

apparently mikey hasn't had the drive to compete lately or something so we'll probably be down one wobbling extraordinaire

There should be someone who checks BO before people enter the building.

The BO TO
I come back to this gold

If you sponsor me I will travel to any tourney in AL and DQ the living **** out of people

I'll even bring Soccer like red cards and a one-a-day stamps that says "Shame"

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
In the event that it is aml, G&W main who goes to tournaments very frequently. Not sure if he parted ways with them, but last I knew he was with SWS.

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
That would be so baller, although probably <30% of this thread uses Discord.
Dude, Discord is the future.

Also, what is everyone's onion on Tournament Edition?

Edit: If the crew battle happens, I've decided unless called upon to play, I won't volunteer because I would rather try to get Mobile in better terms with the state than antagonize salt from either side.

Last edited:

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Discord is the future.

Also, what is everyone's onion on Tournament Edition?

Edit: If the crew battle happens, I've decided unless called upon to play, I won't volunteer because I would rather try to get Mobile in better terms with the state than antagonize salt from either side.
I do not like tournament edition or the training pack in tournaments. I can understand how the tournament edition can be very beneficial later on, but at the moment I don't think it's been tested enough. I prefer vanilla melee over all other options.

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
In the event that it is aml, G&W main who goes to tournaments very frequently. Not sure if he parted ways with them, but last I knew he was with SWS.
Yeah he does. I had to play him at Tipped Off for loser gets 5th in the pool. Not really sure what round that's called but whatever lol

GingerJesus

Smash Rookie
NNID
GingerJesus115
I do not like tournament edition or the training pack in tournaments. I can understand how the tournament edition can be very beneficial later on, but at the moment I don't think it's been tested enough. I prefer vanilla melee over all other options.
I've done a lot of trial and error, and found a few very specific, yet annoying bugs on my preorder build. None game-breaking, except one that should never be accessible in tourney mode. Training pack, especially the 4.0 beta, should probably never be used in a tournament setting. The reason I asked about tournament edition was because we've given a lot of thought to eventually replace stadium with frozen stadium.

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
I've done a lot of trial and error, and found a few very specific, yet annoying bugs on my preorder build. None game-breaking, except one that should never be accessible in tourney mode. Training pack, especially the 4.0 beta, should probably never be used in a tournament setting. The reason I asked about tournament edition was because we've given a lot of thought to eventually replace stadium with frozen stadium.
I think it should just stay regular stadium.

Top Bottom