• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Hey, I noticed that there's no Birmingham Brawl thread.

Is it not happening this month?

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
I would go for crews but I think I'm the only Auburn kid going. I'll be there nonetheless for the dank memes though.

Last edited:

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Magic City Smash 2, UAB's Second Biweekly will be held May 15th.

Smashboards Thread
Facebook Event

Please note this is a Sunday. If you're looking for a tournament to hit up that Saturday, we suggest supporting the scene in Auburn by going to their first ever monthly Bad Manners.
I really enjoyed Magic City this past weekend, it was dope. My only suggestion would be to get people's locations and names on a sign up sheet to make sure no one plays people from their towns or regions. This wasn't a problem at the tournament this past weekend but it was kinda worrying me.

But really, really good event. I'll make sure to practice up for the next one.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
I really enjoyed Magic City this past weekend, it was dope. My only suggestion would be to get people's locations and names on a sign up sheet to make sure no one plays people from their towns or regions. This wasn't a problem at the tournament this past weekend but it was kinda worrying me.

But really, really good event. I'll make sure to practice up for the next one.
We plan on doing this from here on out!

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
Birmingham suburbs reporting in. I applied to UAB a few weeks ago and am really excited to hear back, I really want to get in. Anybody play smash there?

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
I don't go there but there is a pretty sizable scene there. It's in a good location because of how they're in the middle of Alabama so its a good place to have tournaments. There's going to be a tournament there in a couple weeks if you want to check it out and meet some people.

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Birmingham suburbs reporting in. I applied to UAB a few weeks ago and am really excited to hear back, I really want to get in. Anybody play smash there?
We actually have a student organization called Smash Club at UAB that we just started last semester. We meet on a weekly basis to play/practice. We are currently hosting a bi-weekly series called Magic City Smash if you are interested! Next tournament is May 15th. There is a thread for it here on smashboards.

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
I promise, one of these days I'll be back at tournaments. Hate that I missed Magic City Smash because it's located closer than most tournaments to me

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
We actually have a student organization called Smash Club at UAB that we just started last semester. We meet on a weekly basis to play/practice. We are currently hosting a bi-weekly series called Magic City Smash if you are interested! Next tournament is May 15th. There is a thread for it here on smashboards.
I only play Sm4sh3DS, so what can I do to improve my skill on Wii U?

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Honestly the best you can do is prepare yourself on 3DS if that's all you have access to. If a friend has the game try some control schemes: Gamecube controller, 3DS controller, Wii U Pro Controller, etc. If you have decent internet I would try Anther's Ladder to get some online practice against more serious players. Wish you the best!

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Fortunately, you can connect the 3ds to the wii u and use that as a controller of that is what you're best at. I'd suggest trying your best to find a friend with the system and practice with a "better" controller.

LilBigham

Smash Cadet
Are those BiWeekly tournaments going to be during the summer as well?

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
Are those BiWeekly tournaments going to be during the summer as well?
Yes, they are! They are scheduled for every first and third Sunday of each month till December 18th (excluding July 4th and labor day weekends).

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
Fortunately, you can connect the 3ds to the wii u and use that as a controller of that is what you're best at. I'd suggest trying your best to find a friend with the system and practice with a "better" controller.
Well, some cool news. Myself, my girlfriend, her best friend, and her boyfriend are all going to come to the event on the 15th, so that'll be fun.

Top Bottom