• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
shoutouts to hasl for bringing cough syrup into the lives of smash 4 players
i got timed out in their chat because they don't have any way to keep score on stream
tbh they should either money match me or quit melee
btw u say quit melee instead of kill yourself. we're tryin to move in a new direction

NNID
MasterIcarus7
shoutouts to hasl for bringing cough syrup into the lives of smash 4 players
i got timed out in their chat because they don't have any way to keep score on stream
tbh they should either money match me or quit melee
btw u say quit melee instead of kill yourself. we're tryin to move in a new direction
Wat wer u tryna say dere

Victreesmash

Smash Rookie
I'm moving down to Mobile in a couple of weeks to attend South Alabama. I'm hoping to get into the scene down there or maybe if it's not big, help grow the scene. I've been attending bi-weeklies for a month or two, and I'll be practicing a ton before I come down.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Since there isn't any Sm4sh at BIO if any ttown sm4shers wanna MM me on my setup I'll be game.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
Since there isn't any Sm4sh at BIO if any ttown sm4shers wanna MM me on my setup I'll be game.
We currently have exactly one Sm4sh player. He'd probably be down though
Does anyone want me to bring a brawl setup to BIO
Sure! I have this great custom skin set we could use, all it takes is an SD card!

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
We currently have exactly one Sm4sh player. He'd probably be down though

Sure! I have this great custom skin set we could use, all it takes is an SD card!
If it's just skins I could combine them with my custom brawlex pack
*whispers under breath* Holy ****
What are you expressing here, fear of the hidden boss and Ken 2.0?

Last edited:

Murphys_Lawh

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm new to the forums thing and I was told this was the place where I'm looking for hot singles in my area-I'm looking for tournaments in Alabama and Western Florida... Any help?

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm new to the forums thing and I was told this was the place where I'm looking for hot singles in my area-I'm looking for tournaments in Alabama and Western Florida... Any help?
The first page of this thread is a good place to start. Based on your location, you're gonna want to join these Facebook groups:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southalabamasmash/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

and pay attention to this Smashboards thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...den-power-bi-monthlies-mobile-alabama.350097/

There might also be a Pensacola / Western Florida Facebook group, but I'm not in it. @ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t would know

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
What are you expressing here, fear of the hidden boss and Ken 2.0?
Just have to comment on how bad of a response this is. Asking for clarification conveys uncertainty, killing your bit's momentum. You're trying to convey overconfidence, so you decide what people mean.
Although personally I think Child Star's comment was unambiguous enough to be a good punchline. It could be taken multiple ways, but in this case there's enough context that the audience shouldn't get distracted trying to figure out which joke he's making. The momentum has already built up a meaning for them. It'd be best to not respond, and let the audience interpret him however they find funniest.
If anyone else threw out an easy hook, you could pick it back up, but trying to force a response here just makes the bit drag, and weakens the impact of his comment. However If you really want to get the last line, I think the only thing that would work here is an image. Like something with Gaston, or a Jurassic Park sunglasses gif, to try to solidify the interpretation. Or rather, convey that that's your character's interpretation, regardless of how [the audience interpreted how] he meant it. It creates emphasis if they saw him as expressing awe, and juxtaposition if expressing disdain.
I'm usually not a fan of that kind of thing, though; there's not much wit, especially when people rely on the same overused images. But if you got a good, expansive bank, and know how to use it, then it could work.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Just have to comment on how bad of a response this is. Asking for clarification conveys uncertainty, killing your bit's momentum. You're trying to convey overconfidence, so you decide what people mean.
Although personally I think Child Star's comment was unambiguous enough to be a good punchline. It could be taken multiple ways, but in this case there's enough context that the audience shouldn't get distracted trying to figure out which joke he's making. The momentum has already built up a meaning for them. It'd be best to not respond, and let the audience interpret him however they find funniest.
If anyone else threw out an easy hook, you could pick it back up, but trying to force a response here just makes the bit drag, and weakens the impact of his comment. However If you really want to get the last line, I think the only thing that would work here is an image. Like something with Gaston, or a Jurassic Park sunglasses gif, to try to solidify the interpretation. Or rather, convey that that's your character's interpretation, regardless of how [the audience interpreted how] he meant it. It creates emphasis if they saw him as expressing awe, and juxtaposition if expressing disdain.
I'm usually not a fan of that kind of thing, though; there's not much wit, especially when people rely on the same overused images. But if you got a good, expansive bank, and know how to use it, then it could work.
Bro...now I'm scared to post anything in this thread. Also, ma boi Kendo won HASL PM

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ahh we'll hopefully more will pop up. Also Josh stop getting bodied and win a damn HASL pls

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
i'll attend BIO if tuscaloosa peeps give CTBDO a second chance. likely will end up attending anyway, as i've yet to travel to loosa for super smash.
I'm all for traveling to tournaments, but as far as I can tell you haven't run one since the one we went to in March. Also if your schedule is correct it's on the same day as BIO's, so we'll be busy with that instead.

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
bio8 is on the first sunday of the month?and yes, ctbdo hasn't had a bracket since march, but in the four months since then ive met up at that venue twice and played with alex city and some of auburn those times, and twice with only a hand full of auburn (once failing to advertise the event, once because of easter sunday and the venue didn't warn me of the center being closed).

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
bio8 is on the first sunday of the month?and yes, ctbdo hasn't had a bracket since march, but in the four months since then ive met up at that venue twice and played with alex city and some of auburn those times, and twice with only a hand full of auburn (once failing to advertise the event, once because of easter sunday and the venue didn't warn me of the center being closed).
So you want us to drive two and a half hours for a Smashfest?

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
yeah, i guess i won't blame you for not wanting to drive out. in fact, i should be thanking everyone for showing up and checking it out the first time. preesh bbyz. also it's on me not knowing about bio being on those days. i connected myself to this tread for the first time last january and i still missed it. i think having the same day isn't going to effect turnouts since their far away, but i wouldn't have a problem with trying another time if it's offending your towns event.

Child Star

Smash Ace
I'd like to state that Finance 302 tomorrow will be featuring Child Star doing his regionally famous vain attempt at capturing the core mechanics of Return on Equity and The Sustainable Growth Rate.

Prepare myself.

Top Bottom