• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Akuma

Purple

Hi guys!
considering how powerful he is, you would think that guy would have some turbo busted health amount, but no, that guy has the lowest stamina out of everyone in almost every fighting game. i find that kind of dumb.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
It's called game balance?

I love Akuma. He's the definition of a glass cannon. I've mained him as often as possible.

AfroQT

Smash Master
considering how powerful he is, you would think that guy would have some turbo busted health amount, but no, that guy has the lowest stamina out of everyone in almost every fighting game. i find that kind of dumb.
Akuma chooses to have no health, hes that much of a ****in man.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Thats cool and all, but I mean, we have impressionable people on the boards, so don't just straight up lie.

Akuma is serious business in SF4 though, that guy is legit.

But Marvel.......... 56 Characters, maybe 10-12 playable in tournament.

yipee.

Purple

Hi guys!
Thats cool and all, but I mean, we have impressionable people on the boards, so don't just straight up lie.

Akuma is serious business in SF4 though, that guy is legit.

But Marvel.......... 56 Characters, maybe 10-12 playable in tournament.

only four of those 12 highly considered

yipee.
there you go.

황미영

Smash Champion
When did I lie? When I stated my opinion? D;

True, but it is still fun to try and win with the other 46-44 characters.

DC

Smash Cadet
Low tier ftw in MvC2.

Sakura/Sakura/Sunburnt Sakura

GA Peach

Smash Lord
3 Cables or 3 Storms is the best single character team. But, about the topic, Akuma is VERY serious business in SF4. Overall, he may be the second best character. Some think even the best, although i personally think his low health, somewhat lower damage output, and lack of an easy combo into ultra put him just under Sagat. while having lower health and stun, Akuma has more options than Ryu, and is better at shutting his opponents' options down. plus, his damage is slightly better, so i think when fully developed, he'll be better than Ryu.

also, his health balances him for what he does, although i would rather go for making him less powerful instead of just cutting his health. but hey, at least he has 850 life in SF4, instead of 700 like Seth, right? @_@

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
its all about cyclopse in mvc2

behold. optic blast... i mean, c'mon!!

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
3 Cables or 3 Storms is the best single character team. But, about the topic, Akuma is VERY serious business in SF4. Overall, he may be the second best character. Some think even the best, although i personally think his low health, somewhat lower damage output, and lack of an easy combo into ultra put him just under Sagat. while having lower health and stun, Akuma has more options than Ryu, and is better at shutting his opponents' options down. plus, his damage is slightly better, so i think when fully developed, he'll be better than Ryu.

also, his health balances him for what he does, although i would rather go for making him less powerful instead of just cutting his health. but hey, at least he has 850 life in SF4, instead of 700 like Seth, right? @_@
I REALLY enjoyed Akuma's mixup game in 3S.

If Makoto weren't so fun in that game, I would have rocked Akuma.

...I'm not fond of SF4. :ohwell:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I REALLY enjoyed Akuma's mixup game in 3S.

If Makoto weren't so fun in that game, I would have rocked Akuma.

...I'm not fond of SF4. :ohwell:
yeah, Akuma's mixups were mad beast in 3S. i played Makoto and Yang. both were amazingly fun. i like SF4, but it's definitely not my favorite.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
so fast automaticly means better?

i like sf4. i like how fundamentals play into the game and how smarter players shine in that game.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Fast doesn't automatically mean better, SF4 has multiple choices...if you want a challenge, be like Dreadz and go Vega, he's a quick character. Good luck getting up after getting knocked down though..(against good players.)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Isn't that what people say about Brawl too?

Honestly, I like SF IV; I like a lot of games. I was only kidding when I said the game was boring, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to bash it.

A lot of people bash SF IV (moreso than any Street Fighter)

SF IV is pretty much the Brawl version of 2d fighters.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yeah
Except that SF4 is probably the most balanced game out right now.

The defensive systems of the game work very well.
The offensive mixup is great.
A huge learning curve, but also very newb friendly learning curve, so that pros are reward for doing hard *** ****, but new players can still play and learn.

Its only not exciting to watch if you have no clue whats going on, as in, you think you know SF but you really dont. Theres just as much thinking/mindgames going on in SF4 then any other fighter. IF NOT MORE.

Just like the wakeup game, SF focuses alot on footsies. Half the people who claim to play SF dont even know what that is.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Isn't that what people say about Brawl too?

Honestly, I like SF IV; I like a lot of games. I was only kidding when I said the game was boring, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to bash it.

A lot of people bash SF IV (moreso than any Street Fighter)

SF IV is pretty much the Brawl version of 2d fighters.
dude... alot of fighting games lately are designed to be accessable and easier to play. get that fact straight into your head

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Was it when I said Street Fighter has no technical merit that offended people or was it when I confessed that I am terrible at SF IV and am completely ignorant of games with noob-friendly aspects?

Some people are putting words in my mouth. I am by no means continuing an assault on Street Fighter IV. I said that the game is bashed and regarded by some as in similar fashion as Brawl.

Please don't misread posts and then lash out at them. I mean, I even said I was kidding about a previous post that was bashing Street Fighter IV.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Was it when I said Street Fighter has no technical merit that offended people or was it when I confessed that I am terrible at SF IV and am completely ignorant of games with noob-friendly aspects?

Some people are putting words in my mouth. I am by no means continuing an assault on Street Fighter IV. I said that the game is bashed and regarded by some as in similar fashion as Brawl.

Please don't misread posts and then lash out at them. I mean, I even said I was kidding about a previous post that was bashing Street Fighter IV.
No ones bashing out on you (atleast im not).
You said its the brawl of 2d fighters.

I gave reasons why its not.
Also Akuma.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I wouldn't ever claim it's the Brawl of 2d fighters.

I just don't like it. /shrug.

Also, Shun Goku Satsu?

AfroQT

Smash Master
I wouldn't ever claim it's the Brawl of 2d fighters.

I just don't like it. /shrug.

Also, Shun Goku Satsu?
If you dont like it, you dont like it.
TBH i didnt like it at first.

I thought it wasnt very technical, was boring to watch, and unbalanced.
Yeah everything i thought was really really wrong lol.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I still think there are quite a few balancing issues, but it's fun to watch when you know what's going on.

And Akuma wearing Orange while KO-ing an Exeggutor with a Crabhammer and then EVOLVING ON HIS BODY. *Battle roar*"KOOKIE KOOKIE"

AfroQT

Smash Master
I still think there are quite a few balancing issues, but it's fun to watch when you know what's going on.

And Akuma wearing Orange while KO-ing an Exeggutor with a Crabhammer and then EVOLVING ON HIS BODY. *Battle roar*"KOOKIE KOOKIE"
Pretty much all the arcade characters are good. I cant say much for the console characters, except for Cammy and Gouken who i think are great. All characters do good, even El Fuerte has won a few tourneys in japan.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
lol ppl dont kno ****.

they watch daigo parry in 3s. and think 3s is da best game in da world after that. guess strike lol. its a cool game tho. but i like sf4 better

ppl are quick to bash sf4 talkin bout its unbalanced and blah blah blah but no character renders the whole cast useless in sf4

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol ppl dont kno ****.

they watch daigo parry in 3s. and think 3s is da best game in da world after that. guess strike lol. its a cool game tho. but i like sf4 better

ppl are quick to bash sf4 talkin bout its unbalanced and blah blah blah but no character renders the whole cast useless in sf4
this is true, but properly played Akuma and Sagat can shut down A LOT of character options, imo. but, that's just because they are really good characters. i agree that no character is unusable at high level except maybe Rose.

Top Bottom