• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AGH! OMG! It's the Sudsy-Wudsy Open!

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Ok, here's the crap. We all know the School's Out tourney was a complete and utter failure, but that's mostly the inactive participants' fault. Anywhoo, this will be nothing like this, presumably.

You're going to have one TD the entire time--that means far less backtracking.

Also, there will be both singles and doubles brackets.

Here's the more specific, tourney-related crap.

Singles:
On Tuesday the 24th, check-in for the singles brackets will began at 8:pM eastern; the bracket itself will start around 8:20 PM eastern. It will be a 32 man bracket.

There will be a three round limit for the first day, just to make it easier on my sorry arse.

All singles matches are three stocks, have no time limit, have no items allowed, and are best of five sets ( including final four and championship).

The ONLY banned stages are( and personal whim is also a factor in deciding this, btw):
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Warioware inc.
New Pork City
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Port Town Aero Drive
75 m
Flatzone 2
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Hyrule Temple

EVERYTHING ELSE IS LITERALLY PERMITTED; KNOCK YOURSELF OUT( I mean that literally to some).

Once the last four are determined, those left will play in a round-robin format.

In the occurrence of a tie between the top two both will advance, obviously.
All other ties are settled by winning percentage in all sets; then, if needed, head-to-head record; then, if needed, sudden death.

The winner of it all gets nothing but a free pass into my future tournaments, unless I should create a Sudsy-standings system to determine a player of the year in my tournament play.

Doubles:
Doubles begin before the final four starts and stop play before its top four starts in order to finish the singles bracket. After the singles finish is the time when doubles finish.

All matches will have four stocks, no items whatsoever, have no time limit, and are best of five sets.

The ONLY banned stages are:
Rumble falls
Skyworld
Warioware inc.
Norfair
Hyrule Temple
Port Town Aero Drive
Mario Bros.
Spear Pillar
75 m
Flatzone 2

Same rules for singles' final four play go for doubles as well.

Singles:

1. Sonic527 / 32.
16. / 17.

8. / 25.
9. / 24

4. Fenvir/ 29.
13. / 20.

5. xX Boezy Xx/ 28.
12. / 21.

3. Olimarman / 30.
14. / 19.

6. cheap josh/ 27.
11. / 22.

2. rockguy1234/ 31.
15. / 18.

7. Psike/ 26.
10. / 23.

Doubles ( teams must be formed before singles starts):
1. / 16.
8. / 9.

4. / 13.
5. / 12

3. / 14.
6. / 11.

2. / 15.
7. / 10.

There ya' go.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
I'll join the singles, but I got one question, by three rounds do you mean we have to play three tournament rounds a day or we can only play up to three rounds a day but we can play up to just 1 or 2?

FC= 1418-6441-9217

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Count me in. There is the slightest chance that I may not make it. Still put me down though.

FC: 1762-2363-6055
Brawl name: Boezy
AIM: JoeboLAX88

I'm assuming that we're all checking in on Aim, amirite?

EDIt: Oops, I forgot to say that I'm doing singles.

psike

Smash Apprentice
I'm in for singles if you are still accepting entrants, and the tourney is still on.

brawl name: adam

everything else is in the profile.

Top Bottom