• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Jigglypuff

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I recently fought against Jigglypuff, and it was my first time ever fighting against a Jigglypuff player. I won the majority of my matches, but they seemed to either feel like a fluke, or very close.

The main problem I had was with rollout. Whenever I sent Jigglypuff flying off the course, she always came back with rollout, and I indeed have no idea how I can edgeguard against that. In fact, I don't know how to edgeguard against Jigglypuff at all.

So, fellow Mario Masters, how exactly do you fight a Jigglypuff? I'd like my next matches to go more smoothly.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I fell your pain well not really. i timed my f smash to hit Jigglypuff once she/he came close. Now that i think of it that's way too risky u should stick to Veggi's idea or get good at timing.

Zdogg

Smash Cadet
Mario's cape is a life saver. I once killed my friend because he used Fox Illusion on FInal Sestination and zoomed right off.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mario's cape will screw up a Jigglypuff trying to use Rollout to get back on stage. Try to intercept her midair or let her land then cape her.

A smart Jigglypuff never tries to use rollout against Mario and uses double-slap instead, because your not dead if you get caped with that.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Agreed with the post above. She isn't crazy hard to edgeguard compared to Kirby and MK. Throwing fireballs probably best way pressure them since she's forced to come to you and I think? it cancels out her roll out.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Looks like everyone is saying to use the Cape. I tried that a few times but I just get rammed by rollout instead, I guess due to timing. I'll have to work on that then.

Agreed with the post above. She isn't crazy hard to edgeguard compared to Kirby and MK. Throwing fireballs probably best way pressure them since she's forced to come to you and I think? it cancels out her roll out.
Fireballs cancel rollout when it's charging up, but when she starts rolling she just plows right through them.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
you can't (continously)gimp jiggs if you cape her rollout she'll just start to use her side-b any smart jiggs player wont get gimped she can completly control her rocover more so than pit or MK , just F/U/D-smash and kill her she's really light 0.o,the most I've goten on jiggs is a Fair meteor but after that she just started to recover high -.-

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I know what you mean. But use cape. Cape is agueably Mario's best edge guarding tool, nd with correct timing you can edge guard Jiggz. Because of Mario's weight and fall speed, Jiggz will give you a hard time with her aerial mobility and deadly WoP. The match up is even in my opinion.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
hmm I always feel mario had the advantage only things jiggz had was immunity to gimping and Wop,
jiggly is slow AND weak never had much trouble with that.still I have'nt experienced a WoP yet or atleast a well timed one , if I do start getting the WoP should I try and counter with bairs or should a block?

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Looks like everyone is saying to use the Cape. I tried that a few times but I just get rammed by rollout instead, I guess due to timing. I'll have to work on that then.

Fireballs cancel rollout when it's charging up, but when she starts rolling she just plows right through them.
That's not true at all. Fireballs have better priority than Rollout on chargeup and while moving.

hmm I always feel mario had the advantage only things jiggz had was immunity to gimping and Wop,
jiggly is slow AND weak never had much trouble with that.still I have'nt experienced a WoP yet or atleast a well timed one , if I do start getting the WoP should I try and counter with bairs or should a block?
Pound has crazy priority, so it goes right through bairs. I guess you could try fludding the wall. I dunno, I've never fought a good Jigglypuff.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're on the ground- back facing the rollout, you can shield the first hit and grab during the animation as she turns around on the other side of you.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's not true at all. Fireballs have better priority than Rollout on chargeup and while moving.
No they don't. I tried it during the match and just now in training mode. Jigglypuff doesn't even flinch from fireballs while she's moving.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If Jigglypuff uses Rollout on stage, I cape stall or Fireball.

I guess you can Cape it while she recovers, but I don't do that because I find that risky.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
You can't stop rollout? I rarely if ever use it against a competent opponent cause it's so easy to dodge. Just cape it in the air or run under it and upsmash. Or you could always distance yourself and shoot a fireball in its path or down/forward smash when it gets close. There are lots of ways to get around rollout, get creative.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Rollout should be the least of your worries vs Jiggz anyway.....

Jiggz aerial game >>>>> Mario's.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Just stopping the rollout in general. I know caping works, but it's rather risky.

Fireballs work, but not always as I've tested.

Is it really that hard to dodge the rollout? Jump over it....cape stall.
I'd rather stop a rollout instead of dodging it. Better results.

iMichael

Smash Lord
So your telling me that stopping the rollout with a cape or whatever is more safer than dodging it? This is the Mario boards right?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So your telling me that stopping the rollout with a cape or whatever is more safer than dodging it? This is the Mario boards right?
Haha no. You misunderstand me.

If I can cape/fireball a rollout, which results in damaging/KOing Jigglypuff, then that more than obviously has better results than dodging rollout, especially if it's a fully-charged one.

Dodging doesn't stop the spam, from my observations.

Tyser

Smash Champion
As a Jiggz main, you can just Fsmash her in the face. It's a free hit. You werent playing on WiFi were you? Because if you were then that was why you kept getting hit.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Since I'm rather secluded in a non-playing neighborhood (All other gamers I know are from my old school, which I have graduated from recently), I can really only play others on WiFi.

That does explain a lot though.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
WoP goes right through your Bair if you try to attack at the same than Jiggly, but you can use it when Jiggs has just attacked and is about to start a new aerial, although good Jiggs usually space themselves too well for you to get hits in regularly. You can also use U- and F-smashes for occasional surpise hits, as well as Mario´s Dair and Uair.

As for rollout recovery, good Jiggs use it very little because her midairs and pound are much safer and better options unless they are going for surprise... In this matchup you shouldn´t really worry about edgeguarding, since it´s practically impossible and you´re going to get most (if not all) of your kills with straight-out-of-the-screen hits anyway.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
my advice is to sheild at the end of every d-air. it might be a rest combo. i learned this from my brother. he started doing it and i couldent land 1 rest.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
*does testing*
wow your right!
one fireball gets the job done,and not only that,jiggz gets burned
I now see what happens to me
-jiggz releases rollout
-I shoot fireball
-she hits me during the opening animation so the fireball does'nt come out

I always thought I shot the fireball but when I did it at 1/4 speed I saw what actually happens

so just spam them
WARNING:if she releases the rolllout (from the distance of battlefield or closer) and you have'nt started shooting fireballs,SHIELD she'll hit you before your fireball comes out

Top Bottom