• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against a Spamming Samus! How!

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Ok Smash World. What strategies should I use when using DK against a missile spamming on Samus on Final Destination. In addition, this particular Samus is relatively good at keeping me distant using air-tether while doing 2 or 3 air missiles and a super upon landing with the occassional uncharged mid air shot.

Here is a link of a Samus using a very similar strategy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5NL8Gr1Ig

What can I do using DK?

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure, because to be honest I've never fought a good Samus with DK (lol) but try experimenting around with F-tilt and B-air as a way to negate the rocket spam. Additionally you can counter pick the stage; try Battlefield, Lyat Cruise or Smashville.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, ZSS gives me probs to, but I figured I save that for another day. Thanks for the info about using the Bair to destroy missiles. I wouldn't have tried it. On another note, airdodging Zair is death for my DK, because I can see the Samus Dtilt of death coming after that. Sorry for what seems like an impossible scenario, but it is one that I faced in a tourney and online.

BTW, how ya like my new sig?

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Are you serious? You can F-Tilt the missiles, super missiles, AND un charged power shots. How could you possibly be having trouble against this person?

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Up until recently, it never occurred to me to attack the spammage. I still have yet to try it, but it does seem promising.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
If you run away and try to shield/sirdodge missles, etc. you're working right into Samus's game. Once you become more agressive and start Bairing and Ftilting through you pressure Samus hard.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
bair and filt in her face, then beat teh crap outa her.

like everyonne else is sayin, thats how u fight a samus.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
You could also air dodge it, since air dodge has no lag on landing (lol)

If you just run and dodge every missile there should be enough time to dodge the next missile too, and the next one, etc.

Also the tiltage works great. As do Bairs.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Well, as a Samus main I may be able to help a bit. If you haven't already noticed, Samus has alot of trouble finishing opponents. And when you get to high enough percents, alot of times inexperienced Samus players will stop spamming and just try to kill you. If you're on the lookout for Samus's few kill moves (Fsmash, Dsmash, Dtilt, Utilt, Bair... and the fully charged shot) then they should be incredibly simple to block/evade and punish.

As DK, possibly the heaviest character in the game, you can really take advantage of Samus's poor KO ability. If you focus alot on this part of the game, then you'll already have a huge advantage over Samus.

As for the spam, just do like everyone else says; ftilt and bair through the missiles, and shield/dodge the grapple beam.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tips guys. I got a chance to play that samus last night and was able to defeat him/her consistantly (using Falco). It was just to much a pain to use DK, but the tips were helpful.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Samus's 'spam' is soooo laggy that I can't see you having issues with approaching.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, ftilt and bair for the projectiles, for the zair, really, rolling inside followed by dsmash actually works well, samus's inside game is slow and pretty weak priority wise, so thatll handle anything she can use inside, its worked on every samus ive played (hugs, a couple of the better dallas samus players whose names i cant think of)

Top Bottom