• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After spending several hours in Coin Launcher, I conclude that...

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Listen, mah boi.

I have wasted over 60,000, OVER SIXTY ****ING THOUSAND, coins in Coin Launcher, all trying to get the Bowser Jr. trophy.

It has only shown up once. And when it did, do you know where it was?

Right behind an metal orb. And that was where it stayed until it disappeared.

This kind of **** never happened with the lottery.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Lottery: *eats up 20 coins for an old trophy*

Coin Launcher: *eats up 20 minutes, 3000 coins and gives you old trophies*

At least it's fun to shoot the bad guys...it's a tad irritating at times though...
I still have to say I'd take the wasted 20 coins over wasting at least 20 min. any day. :(

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
I thought the coin launcher was a FUNNER way to earn trophies and stickers better than the lottery (but i am not saying it was bad) but I mean your playing a game to get trophies and stickers for another game.

Drkfurryoverlord

Smash Rookie
I think its better (personnaly) than the lottery because its a fun time killer and besides, its more exciting then putting an hours worth of coins in all at once to get a repeat. i have like 3k coins, cuz i havent done it in a while. But still, coin launcher over lottery.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
I believe you can only hold a max of 9999 coins...
Besides that, I think it's more fun.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
In terms of trying to get all of the trophies, the lottery was much better. If you had 999 coins, you could get all of the trophies in about 20 minutes. But I like the coin launcher, personally, because it's more fun collecting a lot of coins & shooting at trophies to get them rather than collecting a lot of coins & putting them into a machine to get a trophy. It's more fun & challenging than the lottery.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the Launcher, as it is really fun, and I feel like I'm accomplishing something whilst doing it.

S2

Smash Lord
I really didn't have any problems collecting all of the trophies via coin launcher (well trophies available via it).

Make sure you blow up every missile and get each arrow set (meaning all of them). It's more than just sticker bonuses, everytime you get the whole set of arrow ships (or whatever you want to call them) it raises the percentage for a trophy you haven't collected to appear.

And yeah, coin launcher was really fun in my opinion. Relaxing.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I really didn't have any problems collecting all of the trophies via coin launcher (well trophies available via it).

Make sure you blow up every missile and get each arrow set (meaning all of them). It's more than just sticker bonuses, everytime you get the whole set of arrow ships (or whatever you want to call them) it raises the percentage for a trophy you haven't collected to appear.

How much % does it add? 0.1%?

Does this effect stack? As in, 0.1%+0.1%+0.1% for each set of targets.

Does this effect reset if you collect a new trophy?

Describe in more detail pl0x. The coin launcher is the most irritating minigame ever, it takes forever to get a new trophy, and the only sense of success you get is the word "NEW" in tiny print.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I like both the lottery and coin launcher. Coin launcher is more fun, but it hurts my thumb for some reason... It was too easy getting trophies in lottery. Lottery was still kinda fun because I like games of luck xD

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice

Relaxing? oh well, whatever floats your boat. I personally think that the whole idea of the "Snag Trophies" bonus stage in SSBM Classic Mode was cool beacuse it was an addition to the lottery that also got you bonus points and the like, but now almost every SSE stage is a "Snag Trophies" stage. Interesting trade-off.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
I like both. Even though the lottery wasn't so "action-packed" it would've worked excellently in Brawl because you can get coins so easily. I've already reached my MAX limit on coins (9999) and I don't even know what to do with it. I waste it on Coin Launcher but all I get are the old trophies, which kinda makes it boring. Both Coin Launcher is a great time-killer...

cjrocker

Smash Ace
I think the lottery is better simply because it distinguishes between old and new trophies, while the coin launcher has no guarantees.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
This is why you have younger siblings. ^^
But I wish you could wager more coins for more of a chance for a new trophy. Plus, coins are very easy to regain. I went from 9999 to 6400, and back up in a day. You can regain it easily by brawling, KOs, and the simplest way, spectating.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
the coin launcher and lotery both suck!!!! i think you should be able to buy trophies like after everytime u complete all start or classic in a trophy store or something.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
There are times where I like coin launcher because it's a semi-fun, alternative way to get coins, but I go through All-Star about 6 times, and I have to go to the launcher AGAIN to ditch the coins. I sometimes wish I could just get rid of all of my coins in a MUCH quicker fashion and accomplish the same end result that the launcher yields.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i think the coin launcher is more fun, it gives me something to do
the lottery was just like, hoard coin until you have enough for a 99.9% chance win, so pointless...

Grime

Smash Rookie
If you could play Duck Hunt with the Wiimote for trophies instead of Coin Launcher, I'd be all over that. But you cannot. Instead, I pretend to play Duck Hunt with my broken NES and a cap gun (which is still much more entertaining than Coin Launcher).

I enjoyed the lotto because it's the only time I'll ever have won the lotto.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
I've never seen anything of value come from the coin launcher. Most people I know (myself included) get frustrated real quick. Especially when the trophy you want is right behind an orb:mad:

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I never had much fun with the launcher. Lottery wasn't exactly "fun" either, but I loved the music, and I didn't want to have to work for trophies anyway...
#1 way to get trophies=hacking
#2 way to get trophies=The "Grab the trophies" stage in Melee's classic mode (lovely ♥)

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I'd take the lottery too. Guys seriously why'd they have and make a minigame that's soul devouring to get the stuff you need?? Ok I'll admit it was fun the first few times I've played it but after that it was plain time consuming! That boring that it made me want to break my SSB disk!!
Final conclusion is this...
We need no lottery.
We need no coin launcher.
We need to hack the game so we can sleep at nights.

Top Bottom