• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS After playing the game for an unhealthy amount of hours, how are your Circle Pads?

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
THE BLOOD THAT FELL OFF MY FINGERS IS STILL ON MY CIRCLE PAD BECAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY PLAYING!

And it's kinda sticky now...kinda blocked myself into that.
It looks cool at least.

Last edited:

slayTHE MAN

Smash Rookie
NNID
slayTHE_MAN
3DS FC
0619-4754-8521
My circle pad is fine. It moves as it always has and the rubber is still mostly new. My brother's on the other hand is destroyed as it could hardly move left and the rubber comes off (he has to pull it off but the thing rotates during gameplay and it is kind of annoying). But he has had it since launch and played it almost daily since then with games like MH3U, MK7, KI:U, etc. so I don't think it was from Smash so much as general wear and tear.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Still good. I always had trouble when I want to smash, it does a tilt. And when I want to do a tilt, it does a smash. Need more control on my part I think. -.-

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Mine broke, I don't understand how I did it all I did was tap down to cancel a dash and it just slid right off. I was always really careful with it and it didn't seem to help. I do have a 2DS though, so that may of been part of my issue.

I can still play with the "nub" as I've coined it, if anything I have a bit more precision. I'm able to wavebounce shurikens now and I wasn't before as I was to scared to go ham but now idgaf. The only problem is after about an hour of playing it really becomes painful, I'm already developing a callus on my thumb, hopefully that helps.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I don't play too rough on the circle pad but the rubber came off. I can put it back in and continue playing with no problems except for it coming off every few hours.

But now? The rubber keeps coming off nearly every match! I need super glue...

espio87

Smash Ace
Up until last week my circle pad was working smoothly. That is until I lent the 3DS to my friends and left them playing it for like 30-60 minutes. When I came back the circle pad had been pushed down. I feel the friction between the plastic of the 3ds and the rubber of the circle pad. I can't move it as fast as I did before. Anyone got tips on how to reduce the friction? Also, I'm not lending my 3DS to them anymore.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I have 2 Nintendo 3DS. When I saw the 3DS Smash Bros. Edition I just had to buy it. The original plan was to buy the Smash edition, transfer the data, then sell the old one. But Gamestop offered 80 dollars for it which was almost an insult because I bought it in July for 200. So now I'm using the old one to play Smash Bros. and the new one to play Animal Crossing and Pokémon.

But I gotta say, it's this rumor what makes me be carrying two consoles everywhere (besides the StreetPass). Does playing Smash Bros. really damage the Circle Pad? I play as gently as I can to avoid this, but so far I don't see any complaining.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still check my Circle Pad a lot, and it still seems to work well; it's not very wobbly like the Control Sticks on my old GameCube Controllers. Of course, I do find myself doing f-tilts instead of f-smashes at times, along with seeing angled f-tilts. Even dashing can be annoying to try to do if you're trying to maintain the Circle Pad's longevity.

palkia19

Smash Rookie
NNID
KingArc92
Mines have a bit of rubber dig out marks off due to my friends, but it's fine.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
But I gotta say, it's this rumor what makes me be carrying two consoles everywhere (besides the StreetPass). Does playing Smash Bros. really damage the Circle Pad? I play as gently as I can to avoid this, but so far I don't see any complaining.
Not unless you play really aggressively with your system is it a problem.
I've been playing smash bros. on and off for weeks and my circle pad is no different from before.

I'd just carry one 3DS around everywhere instead of switching between two lol

Jawnsunn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jawnsunn
3DS FC
3067-6003-9029
My circle pad isn't in bad shape. The grip kinda smoothed out, but other than that it's all right.

I mean, if this thing can handle KI:U, MH3U, and other high-action games, it can handle Smash.

R-right?

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
At first I thought it was crazy that anyone could play the game so rough that it could break their pad, but after 1400 matches in for glory my pad actually sounds as though there's a gritty scratchy sound when i move it. I can also see a fine grey powder on the inner hole below the pad. I'm starting to think maybe I should hold off on playing on it until I can trade it in for a new 3DS (I just haven't played my 3DS nearly enough to warrant the stick breaking yet).

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
The rubber on my circle pad detached a few weeks ago, so I had to keep putting it back on. Then I lost it and now I have to play with just the plastic. I doesn't actually hurt very much, although I really should get around to replacing the whole thing some time in the near future.

After only a couple days of playing, the circle pad's rubber coating started twisting and the stick itself sometimes wobbles in the center. I was sure it would come off but fortunately hasn't even after all this time.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The rubber flesh of the circle pad was already tearing apart from all the biking I was doing from hatching a bunch of pokemon in Pokemon Y. Somehow, Smash hasn't made it worse yet.

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
I have 270 hours and my pad is fine. My triggers stopped working, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom