• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After playing Earthbound, I'm thinking of using Ness.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
The game was just that good. I finished it today. Truly a spectacular game that needs to come to the virtual console.

Granted, I played it on an emulator, but not everyone knows about them or has the balls to use them.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Using Ness is always a good idea
*** I have Earthbound and I cant friggin play it cuz I dunno how to use the emilator T___________T
It's killing me

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
OK, first of all, I recommend ZSNES.

After downloading the ROM, make a folder for ROMS, then extract the files in the Earthbound ZIP archive there. Then, run ZSNES, select load, go to the folder containing Earthbound, and when you see "Earthbound.smc" or whatever in the left window, click on that and click "load". Set your controls, and have fun.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
for some reason, i thought the topic said "After playing Earthbound360, I'm thinking of using Ness."

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Its soo much better on a SNES, even though you dont have the speed up button.

But its my favorite RPG and one of my fav games, and it is what made me pick up Ness back in melee too.

NOA people are Nazis, they dont want anything to do with Earthbound, besides smash bros they pretend it doesnt exist as much as they can.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I... got to Fourside and stopped playing. I still have it readily available, though...

I think I'm lost.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I played that boy all night long, mm hmm.
Please never repeat this ever again.

I was playing Earthbound on a emulator-cheater-thing just yesterday. I barely got to Onett and was trying over and over to beat Frank - but kept dying. So I decided I would take my time and level up a good number of levels before trying again. I got to lvl 6 before my file was spontaneously deleted. Stupid ROMs. -____-

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You're data is not deleted it's just misplaced so the emulator can't detect it. Place it where the emulator is.

Bring hamburgers to beat frank. Always ask the hint guy when you need it. Look for a .srm file. Or ZST file.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I beat the game yesterday. Pretty cool game. I have a friend who says the ending is just silly because Ness and friends go back in time to defeat Giygas. Silly? That's a smart idea. Still I'm kind of sad I can't have my friends with me and level up anymore. The game is just too happy when you have nothing to do. D: Still it was really fun. Oh and while this topic is around, did you know that Ness fought R.O.B. long before Brawl came?

Proof!

Also, Ness would look cool in an anime.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord

Uffe! go to the monotolli building before youve cleared fourside. There are those Sentry Robots...they look nearly exactly like ROB. In fact, I kinda thought ROB was those robots until I remembered who ROB is.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Please never repeat this ever again.

I was playing Earthbound on a emulator-cheater-thing just yesterday. I barely got to Onett and was trying over and over to beat Frank - but kept dying. So I decided I would take my time and level up a good number of levels before trying again. I got to lvl 6 before my file was spontaneously deleted. Stupid ROMs. -____-
good way to level up in the beggining: When your strong enough to kill skate punks in 2 hits, go find one and hit him. Then defend and heal until he calls for help. Kill his friend, then keep healing/defending until he calls for help again. When your out of healing stuff or PSI, then just kill the original skate punk. Lotsa free experince.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Uffe! go to the monotolli building before youve cleared fourside. There are those Sentry Robots...they look nearly exactly like ROB. In fact, I kinda thought ROB was those robots until I remembered who ROB is.
Yeah, the one that puts banadages on himself? I should have found that one instead.

Uffe

Smash Hero
R.O.B. was like, "I don't know how long it'll take, Ness, but we WILL meet again!" *dies* :laugh:

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
R.O.B. was like, "I don't know how long it'll take, Ness, but we WILL meet again!" *dies* :laugh:

14 years later...BRAWL...haha.

Honestly I didnt think Ness was gonna be in Brawl. Ever since I saw the Lucas update I was like "Oh nooo they are replacing Lucas for Ness" but man when I saw Ness` update I knew everything was gonna be "Okay!"

Uffe

Smash Hero
14 years later...BRAWL...haha.

Honestly I didnt think Ness was gonna be in Brawl. Ever since I saw the Lucas update I was like "Oh nooo they are replacing Lucas for Ness" but man when I saw Ness` update I knew everything was gonna be "Okay!"
Sadly I was hoping for C. Falcon to show me his moves. I was a bit disappointed. And when I saw Lucas I wasn't very happy. I wanted Ness in the game. Good thing they kept him. But either way I think they'll always keep Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Fox, Falcon and Ness. They were the original Smashers.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Sadly I was hoping for C. Falcon to show me his moves. I was a bit disappointed. And when I saw Lucas I wasn't very happy. I wanted Ness in the game. Good thing they kept him. But either way I think they'll always keep Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Link, Fox, Falcon and Ness. They were the original Smashers.
I knew they would keep Falcon. I mean, "C`mon!" lol I was hoping for Black Shadow to make it in, really I wanted Samurai Goroh more but he was an assist trophey already.

If they kick even one out, Ill be pissed. Some people think Jiggleypuff and Ness shouldnt be in smash....wtf is up with that?

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
Lol, that's cool. Earthbound is a fun game. The mani mani statue actually helped make up part of the name I use for SSBB.

Top Bottom