• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Affinity Needs More Critiques!!! (MK Mirrors)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Here are some tips that you might find useful against a MetaKnight:
1)Don't use Tornado as an approaching techinique.Use it only when you are sure it will hit your opponent, for example when he is right next to you.
2)Counter his Tornado with fair,ftilt or even your own Tornado
3)When off stage,never be above him,I dont think you can stop Shuttle Loop with your attacks.
4)Conserve your smash attacks for the finishing blows: MK is hard to edgeguard so you will have to rack up some damage before you try to finish him.

That's all I can tell you,I hope it helps.

Ulevo

Smash Master
1) Never use Tornado in a Meta Knight ditto. It's total suicide, and a way to be picked off easily.

2) Stay as close to the ground as possible, and avoid going over the other Meta Knight. Meta Knights Uair, Utilt, USmash and Shuttle Loop have more range than anything you have in the air, and will cause a lot of issues for you.

3) Do not DTilt repeatedly. Do it once, otherwise you're gambling, and waiting for one of you to trip, or you're going to get smoked by a DSmash.

4) FTilt.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
1) Never Tornado against another MK
2) D-tilt less, metaknight is a lightweight, at high percents one shot will knock him out of range of your sword while you are in his d-smash range still.
3) D-smash, in your first 2 vids you got burned by it at least 4 times and never used it once, it's one of his most spammable attacks, make use of it.
4) Don't rush so much, for most of the first few fights he was playing defensively and you were trying to break it by coming at him in the air or with a tornado, and every time he slapped you away. Play defensively.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
only use tornado when its going to hit, using it just for the fun of it is asking for a dsmash / aeirals, use it to recover

you can also drill rush to the edge, dont always glide to the edge cause it gets predictable

dont try to be fancy with your dimensional cape, because that is just asking for it, if your going to use it, use to to recover (IDC)

Ftilt him when he charges at you, mostlikley when he dthrows / dsmashes you, he'll come charging at you, just ftilt him

sheild grab more, and be smart about yoru edgeguarding, you can gimp, or you can be gimped, you just need to think

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
umm all i can really say right now is don't use dtilt alot of times more then once and don't use fsmash on his tornado use ftilt. good stuff winning. your meta knights pretty good.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
umm all i can really say right now is don't use dtilt alot of times more then once and don't use fsmash on his tornado use ftilt. good stuff winning. your meta knights pretty good.
did u watch all the matches because he use f-tilt to stop tornado

Top Bottom