• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|| Aethercide || {The Ultimate Ike Clan}

Torchik

Smash Ace
Thank you, Test Rider. RoK, no one is going to listen. They're not gonna be like "Oh my gosh! RoK told me to close my clan! I must do it immediately!!" You might as well just stop and leave him be. I say everyone who isn't going to join this clan (including me) gets out of this thread.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
You need to click on the "Show Your Signature" box near the "Go Advanced" button if you're using Quick Reply.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I never understood what the point of joining a clan in a fighting game was >_>

MMOs? Understandable, you do stuff with them. But a clan of people who play a single character?

...In a fighting game?

The best thing you can do is 2v2 everyone playing [character] =/
And besides, if you wanted to 'ask for advice' on how to play the character...correct me if I'm wrong...you're in a Sub-Forum currently dedicated to anything regarding the character. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having ANOTHER, forum dedicated to [what I said above here]?

Just seems kinda...well, for lack of better word, dumb. That's just my oppinion though, you guys can do what you want..

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl

MMOs? Understandable, you do stuff with them. But a clan of people who play a single character?

...In a fighting game?

And besides, if you wanted to 'ask for advice' on how to play the character...correct me if I'm wrong...you're in a Sub-Forum currently dedicated to anything regarding the character. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having ANOTHER, forum dedicated to [what I said above here]?

Just seems kinda...well, for lack of better word, dumb. That's just my oppinionopinion though, you guys can do what you want..
1) you make a good point, and considering there are 5 ike clan's, it needs to be said. The game does have wifi though and that will make a difference, but I joined the b4bc on a whim... I think the clan thing spiraled out of control once RoK left deus de animus, and made a second clan. It seems that people with little leadership skills are trying to make clans now, and others are blindly joining... I believe I'm going to quote your post in the future...
2)you misspelled opinion, sorry but I changed it, it was driving me insane...

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I liked Aethercide because:

1. It was indeed the first Ike clan. It started on Brawl Central back when SWF was having all kinds of server troubles. Matter of fact, it was actually the first Brawl character clan. :laugh:

2. "Aethercide" sounds more Ike-centric than the other ones.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
I liked Aethercide because:

1. It was indeed the first Ike clan. It started on Brawl Central back when SWF was having all kinds of server troubles. Matter of fact, it was actually the first Brawl character clan. :laugh:

2. "Aethercide" sounds more Ike-centric than the other ones.
1. does it matter whether it was first or last? The most centric clan is DDA, then B4B. This is like calling someone worse than you because they registered yesterday and have 2 posts...

2. Aethercide is indeed sexy, but I'm the only one who has actually claimed to have seen in performed... I think as far as clan name's go Aether is better than aethercide...

3. kirk, 5 clan's is a ridiculous amount, and this clan isn't providing much information for Ikeians nor are it's members. B4B and DDA both have amazing guide written, videos posted, and chances of any questions you may have regarding Ike will be answered by a member of those two clans, due to the fact that Roith, RoK, Zar, torch, death, IBF, and those two other people whose name I forgot (sorry guys :ohwell:) are the only people who post semi-regularly...

If I offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry. Love ya guys, unless you like mudkips, then by all means go to hell. :laugh:

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
1) you make a good point, and considering there are 5 ike clan's, it needs to be said.
5? I thought there were still 3...
B4BC, Deus de Animus, and Aethercide, no?
The copy of B4BC was closed down (414G I think they called it) and then there was another guy who made a thread about uniting the Ike clans, which he titled "the new Ike clan." I think he's changed the name since then to something more suitable and less misleading.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
5? I thought there were still 3...
B4BC, Deus de Animus, and Aethercide, no?
The copy of B4BC was closed down (414G I think they called it) and then there was another guy who made a thread about uniting the Ike clans, which he titled "the new Ike clan." I think he's changed the name since then to something more suitable and less misleading.
There was another clan, and the fourth was "the new Ike clan"...that makes sense, ne?

Kirk

Smash Champion
3. kirk, 5 clan's is a ridiculous amount, and this clan isn't providing much information for Ikeians nor are it's members. B4B and DDA both have amazing guide written, videos posted, and chances of any questions you may have regarding Ike will be answered by a member of those two clans, due to the fact that Roith, RoK, Zar, torch, death, IBF, and those two other people whose name I forgot (sorry guys :ohwell:) are the only people who post semi-regularly...

If I offended anyone with this post, I'm sorry. Love ya guys, unless you like mudkips, then by all means go to hell. :laugh:
I don't think there are 5 clans...but yes I know there are a lot...I never said there weren't. Aethercide members aren't really in a position to be providing information about Ike, as none of them have the game. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Aethercide or anything, but it is the truth. If you count me, I have posted numerous videos and provided many answers to questions on this board and others. I'm in the process of making an in-depth impressions/guide for Ike today and hopefully I can have that up here by the end of the day.

I've been doing my best to try and provide to the Ike community, whether it be from my videos or general of knowledge of Ike. To some degree it offends me that you don't think of me as a contributor.

I also apologize if I misinterpreted your post, but this is how I feel. I always hate coming off as angry and argumentative...

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Well... that one isn't exactly a clan. In the thread, Vato Break was asking people to sign a petition to combine the clans to make ONE Ike clan. I guess you could say that it's a fourth party though.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
1. does it matter whether it was first or last? The most centric clan is DDA, then B4B. This is like calling someone worse than you because they registered yesterday and have 2 posts...
Don't put words in my mouth. I said the reason I happened to go with that clan was because it was first, as in THE ONLY ONE THAT EXISTED when I joined it. There was no other clan to join. As for names, I like the people in the other clans and don't hold any sort of "rivalry" against any of them (because that's just stupid), but I don't like the clan names. XD

EDIT: I do actually think it'd be better if all the Ike clans DID get merged into one. There's really no need for like 5 Ike clans running around when all the other character-centric groups are unified. :laugh:

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Don't put words in my mouth. I said the reason I happened to go with that clan was because it was first, as in THE ONLY ONE THAT EXISTED when I joined it.
ahh, touche'. I apologize for not noticing that.
As for names, I like the people in the other clans and don't hold any sort of "rivalry" against any of them (because that's just stupid), but I don't like the clan names. XD
I don't hold rivalry either, I post more in the DDA topic then any of thier members. As for the name, "to each their own"...
EDIT: I do actually think it'd be better if all the Ike clans DID get merged into one. There's really no need for like 5 Ike clans running around when all the other character-centric groups are unified. :laugh:
told ya...

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord

...In a fighting game?

Just seems kinda...well, for lack of better word, dumb. That's just my oppinion though, you guys can do what you want..
I agree with Enshoku that your points are indeed valid, however; you calling it dumb is extremely short sighted and shows a lack of futher contemplation on your part.

Think of this, Play computers and then go to a tournament vs. playing people and see how you'll do better. Now, think about playing Wi-Fi free for all, then going to a tournament. Now, think of playing a few clansmen and their secondaries for some hours then going to a tournament. Sure, the whole forum is dedicated to Ike (This section of it); but what we're trying to achieve is something deeper with more a more personal way to have fun in the game.

Ontop of that, it's always the possibility of going Out of city or state and you being able to smash or use a clansman as a partner in case you don't have one. Or even just running into each other; it's much more things than just being character specific. Besides, if one person is good, they can easily bring up every member to their level. Think abou tall the benefits and reasons beyond just the general perception.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Enshoku that your points are indeed valid, however; you calling it dumb is extremely short sighted and shows a lack of futher contemplation on your part.

Think of this, Play computers and then go to a tournament vs. playing people and see how you'll do better. Now, think about playing Wi-Fi free for all, then going to a tournament. Now, think of playing a few clansmen and their secondaries for some hours then going to a tournament. Sure, the whole forum is dedicated to Ike (This section of it); but what we're trying to achieve is something deeper with more a more personal way to have fun in the game.

Ontop of that, it's always the possibility of going Out of city or state and you being able to smash or use a clansman as a partner in case you don't have one. Or even just running into each other; it's much more things than just being character specific. Besides, if one person is good, they can easily bring up every member to their level. Think abou tall the benefits and reasons beyond just the general perception.
Alright, I'll elaborate on what I meant by saying 'dumb'.

Yes, playing against computers all day, or FFA wi-fi and then going to a tournament is a bad idea. It's a completely different experience, I know (well, minus the wi-fi). And yes, I could see the advantages of playing against people's secondaries in order to get good at the match up, learn different techniques, etc. It all makes sense, and I took this all into consideration.

However, there's several things I need to point out here. First off, it's still wi-fi. The timings will be at least a little off, which just isn't a good situation to practice in. (I know not that great of a point, but at high end tournies it makes a difference)
Second, is that training against the clan members secondaries is just that. They are "Secondaries" yeah, they'll still be GOOD with them, but they aren't the BEST with them. Personally, I'd just go and ask someone from [character]'s forum to have some matches against me if I wanted to get some practice against a character in.

Another thing you mentioned, was that you could go out of city, and pair up with your clan members and stuff, because you'll be dealing with stuff on a more 'personal' basis. Ok, don't get me wrong, it's a good idea and all, but let's face it. You're still meeting someone you met over the internet, clan or not. I've met plenty of smashers during melee without a clan, and they're all cool people, and I met them through this forum, not a clan. You might have more interaction online with them in your clan, but you're still meeting a person from the web in person, and it's not much different from meeting them at a smash fest from a forum. It's going to be weird one way or the other, until after you've met them the first time.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong or that you shouldn't do it, just in my opinion (see, no second p this time :p ), it is generally the same thing. I didn't mean to say it was 'dumb' as an insult, I meant it more or less as, "you are doing something similar right now".

...I suppose I could've used redundant, but that might've confused people..

EDIT: Somewhere along what I wrote, I forgot to mention another thing. Overall, playing in person is better than wifi, due to no lag, getting to know other people, being able to decide what to practice, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you can get/give advice a lot easier during matches, and after matches. To be told what to do, and what not to do, and little things here and there is one of the most important things to making a good player great.

ZzvSpecial22

Smash Rookie
I'm not meaning to start anything bad. If you want me to take out the part about the "Ultimate Ike Clan", then I will. I don't want to start competition with you.
Your Blood 4 Blood clan's posting date says: "02-06-2008". Aethercide, on Brawl Central, was: "24 Jan 2008".
Blood 4 Blood was created 13 days AFTER Aethercide. It looks like WE actually came FIRST. Metroid_01, this also proves to you that I didn't make Aethercide just to have another Ike clan.

You can think what you want to. Aethercide may seem like crap to you. And I really don't care what you think about it. But just because we're more casual than others doesn't mean that you have to kill us for it. Aethercide is for casual users, Blood 4 Blood is for competitive users. I'm sorry if we don't see eye to eye on this, but we can both say what we want, and you're not going to stop me from asking people to join my clan.

And congratulations on having a successful clan.
Pride. I commend thee.

And besides. Aethercide is a WAY better name.

CO18

Smash Hero
lol, alot of flaming against Aethercide here.
Anyway dont know why you guys are taking this so serious.
People can join whichever clan they choose too.

One things for sure, I know Aethericde's alot more chill than how many other Ike clans there are.
Just my opinion.

Ch@n

Smash Rookie
All in all, what it takes is a leader, and sometimes a leader has to do things that normally you wouldn't do. Alexander the Great and Hitler, they were people that had the possibility of ruling the whole world. Hitler was an *******, but look how much power he had; he went back on his word and that's how he got killed. Alexander the great met his end in an unfortunate way as well. Do I like these people? No, not really, but if you lived in their time you would have feared them.
Hooray for Godwin's law!

Matt Kar

Smash Rookie
Dont want this to start another war or whatever(if thats possible..)

But Has a member of Aethercide even faced a member of b4b yet?

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
RoK's system of "practicing for tournaments" would work a lot better if everyone got used to sharing their friend codes, instead of needing pointless clans to bring them together. The only things that the clans have done so far are dividing the Ike forums, and making the Ike forums in general look bad.

X_Final_X

Smash Rookie
Dont want this to start another war or whatever(if thats possible..)

But Has a member of Aethercide even faced a member of b4b yet?
I'm gonna be facing RoK and I'm part of Aethercide........I'm most likey gonna lose thought because I'm not really that competitive as he is. I'll do my best but from what I've heard my best most likely isn't gonna be enough.

Ahh...well we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom