• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aesthetics suggestions!!

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Are people a fan of the white stripes on grenades?

I like how they look, but I kind of like the grenades being more hidden so I knew where they were but my opponent had a chance of missing its exact location.

JTsm

Smash Master
The white strip is kind of an eye sore, but it does it's job. lol

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
This isn't about the stripes (which I think are fine), but it's an aesthetic/audio suggestion, so I guess I'll put it here.

I think Snake's taunts need some adjusting. "Not even close!" and "Colonel, mission accomplished!" are neat, but they're already victory taunts. It just seems kind of sloppy/lazy to have these re-used. Since "Not even close!" has a 50/50 chance of being "Tasty!", I'd say just leaving it as "tasty" would be cool (partially because that's already the lolziest taunt in the game). As for "mission accomplished", If it were just the Codec ring, I think it would serve the same purpose and wouldn't be a re-tread.

As for a possible new taunt/victory pose, I think it'd be cool to have Snake eating a snake with the "nom!" and "good!" sounds (even though it's a trait of MGS3 Snake, so is the knife). Also, Snake is notoriously a smoker, so I think it'd be in character to have a taunt/pose where he took a drag and then steps on it. At the very least, I think this should be an idle pose. I know things like these couldn't have been in Brawl because smoking's bad for kids, but since the knife made it in, I figure it's not too far off.

JTsm

Smash Master
I mean, that's cool and all but that's off topic. loool

But if you really what my opinion on his taunts

[collapse=What I said in a different forum]
I think his up taunt should be the box, down taunt would be him playing dead, and the side taunts would put him into a cool looking CQC stance.
[/collapse]

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I guess, but I didn't really think it warranted its own thread (also, there's no Snake Social atm). Maybe this can just become an aesthetics suggestions thread? xD

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah OP, change the title thread pls.

Thanks <3

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I think his taunts are fairly fine as is, my only complaint is that 'tasty' is too quiet.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I think his taunts are fairly fine as is, my only complaint is that 'tasty' is too quiet.
I do like them, I just don't like that they're repeats of victory poses. I'm not sure that there's anything they can do about volume.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
This isn't about the stripes (which I think are fine), but it's an aesthetic/audio suggestion, so I guess I'll put it here.

I think Snake's taunts need some adjusting. "Not even close!" and "Colonel, mission accomplished!" are neat, but they're already victory taunts. It just seems kind of sloppy/lazy to have these re-used. Since "Not even close!" has a 50/50 chance of being "Tasty!", I'd say just leaving it as "tasty" would be cool (partially because that's already the lolziest taunt in the game). As for "mission accomplished", If it were just the Codec ring, I think it would serve the same purpose and wouldn't be a re-tread.

As for a possible new taunt/victory pose, I think it'd be cool to have Snake eating a snake with the "nom!" and "good!" sounds (even though it's a trait of MGS3 Snake, so is the knife). Also, Snake is notoriously a smoker, so I think it'd be in character to have a taunt/pose where he took a drag and then steps on it. At the very least, I think this should be an idle pose. I know things like these couldn't have been in Brawl because smoking's bad for kids, but since the knife made it in, I figure it's not too far off.
Yesss! I fully agree. That 50/50 chance for "Tasty!" or "Not even close..." always bugged me. Personally I like "not even close" over "tasty". Additionally, your smoking suggestion sounds amazing as a victory pose! I would spam that so hard xp

Overall, the current Snake taunts/victory poses are pretty lazy and need to be re-examined for a better aesthetic feel. He should have new taunts, a new idle animation, and new victory poses.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I like the victory poses and idle animation. The up taunt could be changed, but the tasty is gold. Other than that, I think he needs a taunt that involves the gun or something.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I like the victory poses and idle animation. The up taunt could be changed, but the tasty is gold. Other than that, I think he needs a taunt that involves the gun or something.
"Tasty" cracks me up every time I hear it. That one has to stay. xD

Reminds me that apparently the MGS3 game is so heavily encrypted that no one has been able to completely rip out the camo skins within the game.

Then again it would be cool if this was used.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I'm glad snake has the tiger camo. Actually, I'm pretty content with his camo so far. The blue is nice.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Change Snake's blue skin to a decorative fish aquarium pattern.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I really like the blue skin how it is. It think each of Snake's skins are awesome, which I can't say for a lot of characters.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
This is probably the wrong place to say this, but I think a new Fthrow should be considered :v

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I think snake needs a general thread for suggestions like these. I don't mind his fthrow because u usually find my self having a mine on the stage so it's just as good as a killing throw. Why do you want a different one?

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Also, Snake is notoriously a smoker, so I think it'd be in character to have a taunt/pose where he took a drag and then steps on it. At the very least, I think this should be an idle pose. I know things like these couldn't have been in Brawl because smoking's bad for kids, but since the knife made it in, I figure it's not too far off.
<3

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
Big boss skin for the green camo. Make it happen! Want that eye patch!

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Please bring back tasty :(

Also, I really dislike how "Coronal, mission accomplished" is an in-game taunt and a victory pose. I like the ringing for the in-game taunt, and I'd prefer if it were just that.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
What about Ocelot's hand gesture? That could be a cool taunt. Either way, the new cigarette thing is awesome

dbzfalcon07

Smash Rookie
As for alternate costumes, Snake should have his Twin Snakes outfit, Snake Eater Tiger camo with eye patch, Snake Eater Sneaking suit with eyepatch, Guns of the Patriots Old Snake with Solid Eye eyepatch. Just a few ideas that would be cool

Top Bottom