• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aerialling onto the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Steve Brule

Smash Apprentice
k. you redeemed yourself sethzlongz. but when im talking playstyle im talking like "ok i play fox super technical, fast, and aggro as hell. i should try to use this with bowser." playstyle =/= skill level.

technomancer

Smash Champion
ya that's not true either.

zeldas grab is unusable
dk and bowsers spot dodge are unusable
zelda wd is unusable

if your style is based on just using those techs you said then you dont know how to play this game.

Zelda's grab is fine, and M2's spotdodge is the worst by a mile... and Zelda's WD is good to space so you can forward smash.

And no that's not how I play the game, I was just making an arguement that character doesn't determine style. Why does everyone head straight for the personal attacks?

Dr. Steve Brule

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's grab is fine, and M2's spotdodge is the worst by a mile... and Zelda's WD is good to space so you can forward smash.

And no that's not how I play the game, I was just making an arguement that character doesn't determine style. Why does everyone head straight for the personal attacks?
zeldas grab is awful. m2's spot dodge can at least trick people out cuz its hard to notice when he's doign it character has a huge effect on style. certain characters aren't capable of certain playstyles while others are.

technomancer

Smash Champion
zeldas grab is awful. m2's spot dodge can at least trick people out cuz its hard to notice when he's doign it character has a huge effect on style. certain characters aren't capable of certain playstyles while others are.
That's fine but that's not what you originally said. And Zelda's grab is fine, it's got a big box in front of Zelda and can beat out a bunch of stuff, work on your timing sir. M2's spot dodge can only trick you if you're an idiot or missed something like Bowser's Fsmash. Certain character's playstyles using particular moves may "suck," but that certainly doesn't prohibit someone from becoming good with them and incorporating them into your play.

Anyway, I have a friend who plays Marth, and he spams Fsmash and Dtilt gayness like no other. I play Marth (occasionally), and I much prefer to approach with SH double Fair and go for spikes and grabs. What say you?

Dr. Steve Brule

Smash Apprentice
That's fine but that's not what you originally said. And Zelda's grab is fine, it's got a big box in front of Zelda and can beat out a bunch of stuff, work on your timing sir. M2's spot dodge can only trick you if you're an idiot or missed something like Bowser's Fsmash.
zeldas grab, for the last time, IS THE WORST IN THE ****ING GAME. IT IS THE SLOWEST TO COME OUT FOR A NON GRAPPLE GRAB WHICH MEANS SHIELDGRABBING IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE AND ITS RANGE IS **** AS WELL.

m2's spot dodge looks nearly identical to him just standing and DOES still trick people. the blinking is hardly noticable because he is already white.

Certain character's playstyles using particular moves may "suck," but that certainly doesn't prohibit someone from becoming good with them and incorporating them into your play.
that is THE most noob thing ive ever read in a LOGN time. if a move sucks, and you use it in your playstyle when you ahve other better options, then you are a noob. no johns about it.

Anyway, I have a friend who plays Marth, and he spams Fsmash and Dtilt gayness like no other. I play Marth (occasionally), and I much prefer to approach with SH double Fair and go for spikes and grabs. What say you?
this just goes to show, that people who only play their noob *** friends dont know anything about the game. you see, there aren't pros who spam dtilt to fsmash. it doesnt work against GOOD people. maybe once or twice they do it. but as their playstyle? HELL NO. learn to ****ing play.

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
Hmm your argument about color does, in fact, work to my advantage and not yours. Color is reflection of light off of certain surfaces, but defined only to the eye and sensory equipment located in our brains. Does a dog see color? How bout people who are partially color blind? Your argument refers to only the norm and how the norm can and is used not what may be percieved from a different viewpoint. D.I. = Directional Influence. Without D.I. how would there be a WoP? It doesn't matter who you are, if you think that seniority matters at all here, or even how long you've been around the smash community then you are sadly mistaken. Whatever your definition of D.I., it doesn't explain all the instances of "directional influence" in the game that I can give, so it is thus inadequate. Examples are unnecessary, if you need them, then maybe you're not as well-versed as you thought. THINK ABOUT IT.

Dr. Steve Brule

Smash Apprentice
Hmm your argument about color does, in fact, work to my advantage and not yours. Color is reflection of light off of certain surfaces, but defined only to the eye and sensory equipment located in our brains. Does a dog see color? How bout people who are partially color blind? Your argument refers to only the norm and how the norm can and is used not what may be percieved from a different viewpoint. D.I. = Directional Influence. Without D.I. how would there be a WoP? It doesn't matter who you are, if you think that seniority matters at all here, or even how long you've been around the smash community then you are sadly mistaken. Whatever your definition of D.I., it doesn't explain all the instances of "directional influence" in the game that I can give, so it is thus inadequate. Examples are unnecessary, if you need them, then maybe you're not as well-versed as you thought. THINK ABOUT IT.
so you're saying we should change the definition of colors becuase some people are color blind, aka, you? ROFLOROLFORLFOOLOLOLOLOLOLAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAA.

movement in the air isn't DI. its movement in the air. anyways, your awful definition of di doesnt even work. Directional Influence refers to how you INFLUENCE the DIRECTION of the direction you go when you are hit. movement in the air you have TOTAL CONTROL, not just mere influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom