• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advise my Kirby please...p64k match

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh...work on your Zcancels, edgeguards, approach, shuffles...
And keep on tilting :p Fox stays in tilts for a lot longer than you're doing them.
Not the greatest Fox either.
O, and less rolling. Abuse some drills and Kirby's huge feet.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
ya definatly abuse the drill +tilt. On the bright side, you look alot better than me with kirby. And im not half bad with him. *looks down* on second thought, dont answer that... *mumbles something about dril + up tilt*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Eh...work on your Zcancels, edgeguards, approach, shuffles...
And keep on tilting :p Fox stays in tilts for a lot longer than you're doing them.
Not the greatest Fox either.
O, and less rolling. Abuse some drills and Kirby's huge feet.
How do you edgeugard and approach effectively with kirby.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Staying in the air, but close to the ground to avoid throwing is a good approach... I dont know god edge gaurding with kirby besides his spike down a and up b cutter spike. Another thing, NEVER use the rock, unless your stragegy is so complex even you don't see it coming.... MUAHAHAHA!! THE PERFECT STRATEGY!

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
If you get a short-hop Dair down strongly, then you'll realize the why z-canelling is god, and that kirby's feet are daaaangerous.

Otherwise as for now its just general improvement. Practice teching EVERY time, otherwise you'll get punished for it and nailed before you can get back up (and at higher levels of play, you even get punished for teching the wrong way too).

And one more thing, try your best to alter the times in which you release your attack when you are in the air. You tend to press the A button (or whatever you use) right before you reach the apex of your jump, and it means too little variance in the timing of your attacks. Try changing it up and pressing A immediately after a jump... or moments before you hit the ground.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
my advice would be to abuse lots of tilts.Dair+Utilt works awesome against fox.Work on edgegaurding and Zcancels.Your off to a good start with kirby right now.

felix45

Smash Lord
if you ever see me online just ask me for help and i can help you.

your #1 priority should be learning z cancels. go into training mode as link and just practice doing his down air on dreamland or sector z over and over and over till you do it at least 15 times in a row without messing up.

there were tons of times if you had z canceled and immediatley gone into utilt you could have gotten some easy percentage on fox. kirby is all about the utilt, abuse it like no tommorow. also when you finally hit fox up too high from the utilt combo use bair or nair, they lead up well for kirby to follow/edgegaurd.

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
Staying in the air, but close to the ground to avoid throwing is a good approach... I dont know god edge gaurding with kirby besides his spike down a and up b cutter spike. Another thing, NEVER use the rock, unless your stragegy is so complex even you don't see it coming.... MUAHAHAHA!! THE PERFECT STRATEGY!
should rock be used if fox is abusing u air??

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
should rock be used if fox is abusing u air??
Well, it depends if the fox is smart or not lol. Cause in the first few juggles, he can definitely hit you before you fully turn into a rock. and once you go high enough, he should recognize that another uair won't hit, and he'll move out from under you, maybe jump to the side of you and laser a bit. Rock generally doesn't work =P

Top Bottom