• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice vs Olimar?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I've been playing my brother a lot in this matchup recently, and was just hoping anyone would have some advice on how to deal with Olimar's huge range and kill ability. It seems like I need to gimp him or he outdamages me and wins.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've been playing my brother a lot in this matchup recently, and was just hoping anyone would have some advice on how to deal with Olimar's huge range and kill ability. It seems like I need to gimp him or he outdamages me and wins.
First things first here, Olimar isn't going to be grabbing a good Wario a whole lot. Avoid his grabs by realizing when you can't reach him and pulling the hell out of there. You'll also want to play by a strategy that allows you to force him toward the sides of the stage and reduce his options until he can't defend himself (when he's against the ledge). When your in kill percentages, avoid coming down directly over top of Olimar because that's the only way he can kill you before 140% on a stage like Final Destination. DI all of his grabs (except from Purples) straight UP, DI his purple throws RIGHT, and if you're at 140% then I'd advise looking around for the situation to determine if he's going to use an out of character throw.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can actually FF dair through all his upsmashes, if you have downward momentum. If you're doing a rising dair they'll wreck you XD

Aggro aggro aggro is my strategy against Olimar. If they want to latch pikmin on you, better for you, b/c they becoming easier to gimp, and if you fart your waft lasts like an hour.

TiresAreForCars

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this works for sure but i was playing some games online today w/ my friend (he was using olimar, i was using wario). Anyway, i bair'd him off stage, then i bike'd for no reason, but as olimar was going to tether w/ his up b, it instead hit my bike, and he fell to his doom. Im not quite sure if it would have latched because he seemd a little out of range, and i'm too lazy to test it =P. Sorry if this is already known.

Excellence

Smash Champion
A lot of weird stuff happens to me with Olimar's tether and Wario's Bike. Once, I tethered the ledge and it just hit through the bike. But as I was getting pulled up the Bike smacked me off and I just kept falling. The Pikmin got disoriented and disregarded my Whistle (spammed frantically) and I died. Bike Edgeguarding is too good.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What stages are best for this matchup? I'd think brinstar but it does let him kill me really early if I mess up. And good info on momentum affecting dair's priority Phantom, didn't know that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Anything that doesn't let him camp under a platform is good.

Bfield and Yoshi's for example, are bad. Ban Luigis or Corneria.

Top Bottom