• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice to defeat foxes top threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
Fox is a very valuable player than in the right hands can easily defeat a large number of characters. There are still some characters though that are a little hard to approach with his limited range. yeah you can camp with his blaster, but there has to be better ways.

I'd like to see if any of you out there are also having difficulty fighting characters like Luigi, MK, G&W, Marth. I'm not even gona bother asking about pikachu. Thats just a joke.

Any fox mains out there have advice on these guys? Would i be better off learning how to defeat them or just using my secondaries instead.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
well i will say pikachu MK and weegee give me next to no problem because im very used to those match ups and i counter pick (stagewise) accordingly and i know the matchup inside and out.

Really all it is, is learning the match up and then applying everything you know that WILL work and then abusing it... when the opponent catches on switch up your gameplay... an example would be meta knight... he lacks a projectile but has speed and power.... abuse this; SHDL constantly and continually use drill/Nair set ups because Meta knight has trouble covering his head and DON'T follow him off the ledge and Definitely make sure you utilize Air release-usmash

Thats just one example but study up on there match up, study up on the character AND WATCH VIDEO'S OF THE CHARACTER YOUR HAVING TROUBLE FIGHTING because you learn the way the character plays and what it's main methods of punishment/ approach are... thats really all i can say

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
thanks for the advice. Idk some characters are just harder to approach than others with fox. And i'm not much of a spamer. guess i have no choice then.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
practice the matchup a lot, still have trouble use someone else who can get the job done

Scarecrow222

Smash Rookie
I think fox is too suicidal.
If he uses is smash L
or Smash R and goes off the edge he is doomed.

Am I right??

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Luigi I'm pretty experienced at fighting the green wonder all you need is a good mind game, patience and good DI. if he approaches from the air use that laser trick * run back >turn jump > double laser* (Idk what its called and I'm bad at explaining things) behind him on the ground or in front in the air is the best place you can ever be with fox.

Grabs and dair is your best Friend against him, try to get him to approach you. if he approaches you using bair be patient and wait for him to land before doing anything just avoid being hit by it. if you hit him with a u tilt (which is dumb to do to wigi) don't attempt a combo he'll just nair you so just shield and wait for him to land or use the nair then grab him or roll away. idk how else to explain the other parts of this match up. lol I can't help with any of the others in your list sorry.

"green wonder will do anything in his power to try to get you to approach. But Luigi does have approaches of his own so must always be on guard."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom