• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventures In Wonder Trading

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
This thread is to recount your most amazing/funny/wtf things you've gotten through wonder trade, simple as that

I'll start off with the shiny Greninja with pokerus I got a while back
There's also the frustrating shiny male Combee
Oh yeah and I also got a Charmander whose OT was Satan. Should I send it away again?
The most hilarious thing though has to be what I got last night. It's a shiny Magikarp, named BOOOOOOBS, and to top it all off the thing was holding a master ball.

Twewy

Smash Lord
One day I was bored, so I caught a whole bunch of Grass types, named them "Keanu Leaves", and set them via Wonder Trade.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten some pretty awesome things off wonder trade , while I just keep sending Magikarps :p I got a Zapdos, a shiny Druddigon, and a lot of starters. Apart from that, mostly Caterpies for some reason xD I could make a Caterpie army now! Lol

Rick Sure

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrJigglypuff1996
at the start of Omega Ruby, I caught two random Zigzagoons and sent them via Wonder Trade, I got a shiny, good nature, Rotom with the first one and a shiny, decent nature Male Ralts with the second one.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
While I haven't gotten anything too impressive, my good friend once got a. . . Wait for it. . .
Level 100 shiny charizard with pokérus.
If you can think of a more valuable Pokémon you are wrong.
Yes, it was most likely cheated in, but dang, that made me real jealous.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone and their moms wonder trades charmander

If your going to give me your charmanders, at least trade one with solar power

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
My goodness everyone and their mother seem to be trading stuff from the early routes of Hoenn right now, but I did get some really exciting stuff.

Probably one of my best trades was when I was trading some breed fodder and one of my trades was a shiny Zoura! Though probably the drawback of it was that it didn't seem like it was a legit 6IV one and seemed like one obtained from PokeCheck before it closed down.

Still it wasn't in any illegal ball and it's nature is Naive so I'm either going to make a Zoroark build with it or keep it as it's base form for whatever Little Cup team I might want to make.

kylexv

Smash Master
If you're going to Wondertrade, do it on Wondertrade Wednesday. People try to give the Poketuber that does this good pokemon, and you might snag one. Gotten plenty of shinies this way, including 2 Terrakions and 2 Charmanders.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you're going to Wondertrade, do it on Wondertrade Wednesday. People try to give the Poketuber that does this good pokemon, and you might snag one. Gotten plenty of shinies this way, including 2 Terrakions and 2 Charmanders.
Do you know what time he does it?

Mega Rayquaza

Smash Rookie
Do you know what time he does it?
I watch those streams occasionally and I think it's around 8PM EST?
Lol one time I was just Wonder Trading coincidentally around one of his WTW streams and I got a competitive Terrakion and a Jolteon that day

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Got 4 shinies yesterday! I got three in WTW and bred one myself. Got a Contrary Serperior holding Leftovers, a Giratina with a Contest Star ribbon, and a Goodra holding an Assault Vest on Wondertrade, all with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs. The one I bred was a Jolly Defiant 31/31/7/31/31/31 Pawniard!

Last edited:

Mega Rayquaza

Smash Rookie
Got 4 shinies yesterday! I got three in WTW and bred one myself. Got a Contrary Serperior holding Leftovers, a Giratina with a Contest Star ribbon, and a Goodra holding an Assault Vest on Wondertrade, all with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs. The one I bred was a Jolly Defiant 31/31/7/31/31/31 Pawniard!
The only shiny I ever got off Wonder Trade was a Basculin ~_~
Congrats though, especially on Giratina. One of my favorite legendary shinies.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
While I haven't gotten anything too impressive, my good friend once got a. . . Wait for it. . .
Level 100 shiny charizard with pokérus.
If you can think of a more valuable Pokémon you are wrong.
Yes, it was most likely cheated in, but dang, that made me real jealous.
Well that's quite something! However, I think I have a more valuable pokemon from Wonder Trade just :p

I decided to give something decent back into Wonder Trade, sending someone my Graveler so they could get themselves a Golem afterwards. To my surprise, what should appear but a Shiny Onix called Stainless! ...which promptly evolved using Metal Coat to give a beautiful golden Steelix! I've also discovered it also has perfect IVs, a Sassy nature and is perfect for my competitive team! Thank you karma! :D

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Well that's quite something! However, I think I have a more valuable pokemon from Wonder Trade just :p

I decided to give something decent back into Wonder Trade, sending someone my Graveler so they could get themselves a Golem afterwards. To my surprise, what should appear but a Shiny Onix called Stainless! ...which promptly evolved using Metal Coat to give a beautiful golden Steelix! I've also discovered it also has perfect IVs, a Sassy nature and is perfect for my competitive team! Thank you karma! :D
. . . . .
I can't believe it, you topped it. Maybe not in most people's perspective, but steelix is my 4th favorite pokémon and favorite shiny. (what's cooler than a gigantic tunneling serpent made of steel? a gigantic tunneling serpent made of GOLD!) Man I want a shiny steelix!

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
. . . . .
I can't believe it, you topped it. Maybe not in most people's perspective, but steelix is my 4th favorite pokémon and favorite shiny. (what's cooler than a gigantic tunneling serpent made of steel? a gigantic tunneling serpent made of GOLD!) Man I want a shiny steelix!
I know right? :D And I had actually been looking to train up either a Steelix or Aggron to round off my competitive team, and what should I get but the Steelix I so desperately needed?

And the thing is, it does look like it might be a genuine one too, rather than hacked in! I mean, it's got pretty legit everything, and it's even in a Heavy Ball, and I wouldn't exactly pick out a Heavy Ball if I Pokegen-ed Pokemon! :p

The gold colour on Steelix looks absolutely amazing! He's so awesome! And to top it all off, his nickname is Stainless! "Stainless" Steelix? Priceless xD Thank you Koy, wherever you are!

Last edited:

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
best thing ive gotten is a shiny Zekrom, i've gotten pokes from wondertrade that i'd train up to be battle ready tho.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten AZ's Floette off of wondertrade once.

Other than that, I only get Zigzagoons and starters.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I caught a dunsparce and sent it. Recived a shiny Level 100 event Darkurai. Later, I sent a zubat to wonder trade, got a zubat. Later, I sent milktank, got Shiny Level 100 Arceus. Later, sent Lioone, got shiny Level 10 Jirachi (I was so excited). Now THAT'S that I call a big haul. And for acreus, He has a elemental plate that made him steel type and he knew FLY.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Druddigon is a breedable, single-evolution Pokemon though? How is that hax?
He IS single evolution. check his National pokedex entry. between Mienshao and Golett. if he had evolution, there would be a smaller younger dragon type where Mienshao is now.

Last edited:
I've never gotten any shinies or legendaries from Wonder Trade. The best Pokemon I've got from WT is a lv. 52 Nidoking with Pokerus and hidden ability. Other good ones include an Exploud (lv. 45), a Shelgon (lv. 30) and two Golems (lv. 44 and 45).

EDIT: I sent a lv. 1 Froakie to Wonder Trade. The result: I got a legit lv. 100 Abomasnow with Pokerus. The player who sent it to me was called Satan and the OT was Gay Boy.

EDIT 2: I traded a Boldore and an Eevee... and got a legit shiny lv. 100 Gigalith and shiny lv. 51 Seviper! :crazy:

Summary of good Pokemon I've obtained:
Very good
  • Shiny Gigalith (lv. 100) for a Boldore
  • Shiny Seviper (lv. 51) for an Eevee
  • Abomasnow (lv. 100, Pokerus) for a lv. 1 Froakie
  • Nidoking (HA, lv. 52, Pokerus)
Good
  • Exploud (lv. 45)
  • Shelgon (lv. 30)
  • Golem 3x (lv. 44, 45, 35)
  • Beedrill (lv. 81) for a Plusle
  • Metagross (lv. 48)
  • Bagon (lv. 80) (now a Salamence)
  • Numel (lv. 100)
  • Lickilicky (lv. 60)
  • Milotic (lv. 34)
  • Accelgor (lv. 31)
  • Gallade (lv. 20)
  • Sceptile (lv. 53)
  • Feraligatr (lv. 30)
Hax
  • Shiny Infernape (lv. 100, Pokerus, in Cherish Ball). I later traded it for a legit Shiny Scizor.
  • Shiny Murkrow (lv. 100, caught as lv. 45.... with a Moon Ball...)

Last edited:

FairyGardens435

Smash Cadet
NNID
FAIRYWARS98
3DS FC
2810-1101-1258
I've sent a lot of Pokemon with really weird names over Wonder Trade. The majority being Pokemon that I hatched... and boy do I mean A LOT.

Names include Grimers with either the name "CONKER BOSS" or "Sloprano", a couple Pokemon with the name "AAAAAAAAAAA" and another half of Pokemon with names like "123" or "NO!"

The Pokemon that I've receive also get weird names sometimes. Like a Onix with the name "*********", a Smeargle named "pbs" and a Beautifly named "E"

I also got a shiny Arceus and a Hoopa once, which were obviously hacked. But it's still pretty funny on what Pokemon you may get over it!

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Best I've gotten was a shiny Vivillion.

What's infuriating is my sister got a rarer shiny Vivillion, a timid Keldeo, and a shiny Arceus from wondertrading as well as a hundred other shinies and legendaries and all I get are Fletchlings and Zigzagoons. It's like the world is biased towards her.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I got a 6IV Modest Xerneas over Wonder Trade(hacked, obviously, since catching 6IV legends is impossible). It was pretty cool, and I even raised it up for it to be ready for battle.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I got a 6IV Modest Xerneas over Wonder Trade(hacked, obviously, since catching 6IV legends is impossible). It was pretty cool, and I even raised it up for it to be ready for battle.
Still better than what I get.

It's stupid that so many people get good stuff on WT....

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Still better than what I get.

It's stupid that so many people get good stuff on WT....
You'll get lucky one day. Just keep on Wonder Trading and one day you might get something cool.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I guarantee you that everyone bragging about their awesome finds here has gotten a thousand times more garbage than trophies. I have never gotten anything too notable on wondertrade ever, although I haven't diligently tried. I don't like to give up random route 1 garbage on wonder trade. I only like to put up uncommon (yet not particularly rare) pokemon on wondertrade, which may be why I don't grind wondertrade that much. Although the concept of a wonderlocke seems cool (a nuzlocke where every time you catch a Pokémon, you have to put it on wondertrade, and whatever you get back is your permanent pokemon)

I guarantee you that everyone bragging about their awesome finds here has gotten a thousand times more garbage than trophies. I have never gotten anything too notable on wondertrade ever, although I haven't diligently tried. I don't like to give up random route 1 garbage on wonder trade. I only like to put up uncommon (yet not particularly rare) pokemon on wondertrade, which may be why I don't grind wondertrade that much. Although the concept of a wonderlocke seems cool (a nuzlocke where every time you catch a Pokémon, you have to put it on wondertrade, and whatever you get back is your permanent pokemon)
I agree, although I have gotten many "trophies", I mostly get garbage like Magikarps and route 1 Pokemon (Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Fletchling, etc.).

(Yeah, Wonderlocke sounds cool, I would try it if it was possible to have more than one savefile....)

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday's haul:

A Bunnelby named "my hot buns"
A Phione
A Lv100 Shiny Yveltal
A Shiny Eevee
A Hidden Ability Gligar (who I plan to train)
A Bidoof named "*********"
A Budew named "Hair Spray"
A (definitely hacked) Lv1 Shiny Perfect IV Timid Manaphy with Pokérus
A Shiny Scatterbug named "DONG"

Last edited:

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
A while back I got a Cresselia, a (definitely hacked) 6IV shiny Cofagrigus, two perfect 5IV Mawiles, and a perfect 5IV Fletchling with its hidden ability.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I recently got a shiny Eevee with the name of "1467".

Last edited:

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
One of my friends found a Cloyster that was named after......a specific female organ. One of the things we found so hilarious about it was that it had "Yawn"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got Fletching.

Multiple times.

Top Bottom