• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Mode

baerdigr

Smash Rookie
Hello,

My name is Jake and I consider myself to be a professional gamer. I am seeking advice about Adventure Mode.

I've only recently bought a Switch and have owned Ultimate for less than two weeks. When I played Smash Brothers Melee, I was able to beat Classic Mode (Arcade Mode) on the hardest difficulty and defeat Crazy Hand without dying...

When I started to play Adventure Mode on Ultimate, I was extremely excited, but I fell extremely short on trying to beat the Adventure Mode without dying...

I even took it upon myself to try playing on Easy, so I could try and beat it without dying...

Truthfully, I cannot see how people can defeat the Giant R.O.B. (Adventure Mode) after unlocking Mario on Easy Mode....

Sometimes when I play a game, I just want to chill and walk all over the AI... Practicing this way is fun and being so new to this iteration Smash, I had no qualms on enjoying my first playthough of Adventure Mode.

Unfortunately, Ultimate's game creators did a horrible job making this encounter with R.O.B. EXTREMELY PROBLEMATIC to beat even for people playing on lower difficulties....

Sure... You can use Mario and fireball him to death, but how the F is Kirby going to get close range and attack without losing %. (Yes, I know there is some secret technique involved and someone can analyze the framedata, but why is the game so unbearablely difficult even for lower difficulties...)

There needs to be an update that comes out to lower frequency of hits and/or percentage decreases when he hits you...

This is absolutely BS.

(Yes I have a pro controller. Yes, I bought a NEW Switch. Yes, I bought a NEW Ultimate)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Are you equipping Spirits?

baerdigr

Smash Rookie
I am not equipping spirits.

I just got through beating R.O.B. without taking a hit by using Mario's fireballs.

I want to play the game more, but I have been occupied with other games and work.

As a functioning game, I like Ultimate, but I'm a little disappointed by the Adventure Mode...

I remember playing Melee and dropping into a Mario World seemlessly... Then jumping through a maze of obstacles battling Octopi on my search for the Triforce...

I like that they focused a lot of the game on battling, but I feel as if Adventure Mode lost it's appeal as a whole...

My suggestion still stands. The game's difficulty through certain sections make the game unwelcoming and cumbersome.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
You need to equip spirits. Pay attention to what the battles say beforehand. You can equip spirits to gain a type advantage, overcome obstacles if you've got something to help with them (such as for example, the battle says "Strong Winds" and you have a secondary spirit that says "Strong Wind Immunity"), or just help you in general (such as powering up your smash attacks). Level up your primary spirits and pay attention to the numerical amount of the spirit you'll be battling. You're in for a rough time if your equipped spirits total 500 and your opponent is at 7,000.

Top Bottom