• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advancing the Mewtwo Meta Game

TIN0

Smash Cadet
NNID
FarmingEIAS
3DS FC
1907-8613-7842
no, you can fair or nair from ledge and either regrab or get on stage.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
mewtwos ledge options are not OP

he is very good at edgegaurding though

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
While watching taj play against a sheik I noticed that mewtwos techroll looked fast and hard to punish off a platform techchase, so i looked into his techroll frame data. The distance of his techroll isnt great but it doesnt matter when you land on the platform because of the limited space. While most character's techrolls begin horizontal movement around frame 8, mewtwo's techroll begins horizontal movement on frame 17. The tech option is indistinguishable until frame 17 and has invincibility until frame 20(all tech rolls are inv. frames 1-20 and end frame 40). This means the attacker has significantly less time to react to your tech options. While this is usually overlooked because of the techroll's lack of distance, it is actually really good for teching onto platforms.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

fosjldtnlexnptv

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
i 100% disagree that his techrolls are indistinguishable
though he's in the same position for all 3 options, he's in a different location because he drifts slightly toward where he's going to roll before he gets stuck in that upsidedown pose

D

Deleted member 212841

gpptashievv

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
i used fox's downthrow, did a frame by frame comparison and was able to react to the tech roll easily in every situation

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Hey people sorry to party crash but it looks like mewtwo has a cg on some floaties. Maybe someone can fact check? If its old news throw me in the river or something.
Down throw combos into ftilt on marth at like 6 percent. Which means at 6 percent it has at least 7 frames of stun
Dash grab comes out in 9 frames and goes far enough to cover di away. Inescapeable?
It also seems to work on puff, and doesnt scale much so maybe this something useful? Can this be jumped out of?

Edit: okay its 11 percent

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

dtlpssolstbn

D

Deleted member 212841

duppppppppp

D

Deleted member 212841

tullmmmpppufs

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Oh I found that older post. Yeah, I mean, ASDI down has always been pretty garbage past like 30%. I don't know why I didn't expect those numbers to be so low (especially, since I probably read that post back when you wrote it).

D

Deleted member 212841

fjllmmmmmmpoygf

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Realized today how good marth killer is for Mewtwo. DJC bair and dair-> fair/bair from ledge make the edgeguard so easy. Bair always gets the strong hit and if he lands too far you can DJC dair; Since dairs startup is so long you hit farther into center stage. Plus dash WD buffer roll sets it up so quick because of M2's huge roll and WD.

Edit: Dash NIL teleport buffer roll goes even farther, like 80% of FD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

dipsvloopj

Mavo

Smash Rookie
is this a known technique?

run turnaround above a ledge jc grab

it sends you away from the ledge ,facing the ledge and grabs

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching duck lately and I think mewtwo should use his edgeguard method on sheik.
He starts by throwing an uncharged neutral b which either
1. stops all forward momentum which forces an earlier up b
2. makes sheik aerial which forces a lower up b

After that its just the regular legdhog -> ledge getup -> punish.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Idk if I've mentioned this before but, you can ride up the wall with up b from below. It's not a particularly low sweetspot but its much better if you wanna grab ledge from below before someone gets to the ledge. It also has the benefit of allowing a wall tech option select as you slide into the wall.

D

Deleted member 212841

ruilopmmlllll

D

Deleted member 212841

hhohstopezf

D

Deleted member 212841

godtksû’hj

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
i noticed while i was at smashcon watching leffen's friendlies that he does uthrow sh fair at 0 instead of uthrow djc fair
i didnt realize that would work instead of djc fair but apperantly it does

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Obviously it takes more frames to DJC fair (and hit the opponent slightly above you) than SH fair. So it makes sense. Also, doesn't full jump rising fair work sometimes at 0? I guess it's easier to DI out of that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom