• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Tethering Options

Dyyne

Smash Ace
a up air.
I was poking fun at your grammar mistakes if you didn't realize. I agree with your sentiment that it is silly to talk about every single option, however. It's just like that list someone made (you made it maybe, I can't remember) about every single option after a grab (like "grab-->dthrow-->fair").

Llumys

Smash Champion
I made a list of every possible movement out of a short hop. There's a lot less possibilities due to the fact that you're airborne for a short period of time. With this, you can do almost anything due to the fact that you have a ridiculous amount of air time, and it's not constant. Also, short hops are a lot more practical and whatnot. I never did a grab combo chart due to the fact that there's still too many options, and there's not really something limiting your options.

Regarding the grammar mistakes, they're there due to the fact that I wasn't paying attention to grammar when I was making some copy pasta.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Dynne wins the thread, lol.

Alright, let's try to keep it on topic now, guys, and off the topic of grammar. Posts that will drive the discussion of the thread from the main point will be deserving of an infraction as spam.

1. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").
Important parts have been bolded.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Can someone please tell me how i did this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIWmczWy4k
at about 14 seconds in, i Tether the ledge and then somehow immediately Tether again.
I really want to know how i did it as it would be ideal for mindgames and mixups.
I now wonder if the invincibility frames are kept... XD

EDIT:
ok after some testing i found that if you tether just under the ledge with enough upwards momentum, you will kinda teleport up and have the tether connecting to the ledge below you, and from there you immidiately DI towards the stage for the lagless landing, i also found that on your way down you can tether again and it will count as an aerial Tether. the compination of both is pretty hard to do but im pretty sure thats it. and using this knowledge theres no kept invincibility frames cos i never actually grabbed the ledge :( lol.

But another trick i found that may help sometimes is that if your hanging from a tether that is only 1 pikmin long, you can tap down instead of up to grab the ledge, im pretty sure the invincible frames go for longer because there are 5 flashes of invincibility by pressing down and only 3 when pressing up.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me how i did this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIWmczWy4k
at about 14 seconds in, i Tether the ledge and then somehow immediately Tether again.
I really want to know how i did it as it would be ideal for mindgames and mixups.
I now wonder if the invincibility frames are kept... XD

EDIT:
ok after some testing i found that if you tether just under the ledge with enough upwards momentum, you will kinda teleport up and have the tether connecting to the ledge below you, and from there you immidiately DI towards the stage for the lagless landing, i also found that on your way down you can tether again and it will count as an aerial Tether. the compination of both is pretty hard to do but im pretty sure thats it. and using this knowledge theres no kept invincibility frames cos i never actually grabbed the ledge :( lol.

But another trick i found that may help sometimes is that if your hanging from a tether that is only 1 pikmin long, you can tap down instead of up to grab the ledge, im pretty sure the invincible frames go for longer because there are 5 flashes of invincibility by pressing down and only 3 when pressing up.
you are basically doing the tricksy llumys taught me, where if you grab the edge, let go and immediately tether and hold towards the stage you will laglessly land on the stage. you are buffering another upb during this, in which you never hit the ground so it does an aerial, but you still hit the ground after you buffer and get the boost upwards like you did. you must have been spamming upb while trying to recover to get it that quick lol

Brado

Smash Lord
Wouldnt it be more useful to make the whole thread about Olimars complete ledge options instead of just tethering?

It would be useful to compile all the knowledge on each apsect of Olimar's ledge game.

Brado

Smash Lord
It would only be less organized if the thread 'owner' made it unorganized. It's not too difficult to seperate text for each area of Oli's ledge game.

Top Bottom