• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Techs with Peach?

PappaT

Smash Rookie
Anyone use things like L-cancle, wd and sh and other advanced techniques with Peach or are they pretty much not even needed to perform well? Thanks

Pritch

Smash Lord
Lol.

Yes, L-Canceling and wavedashing are musts with peach, shorthopping doesn't come up as much since you usually just float at the appropriate height, but it's still important to know as well.

There's also stuff you didn't mention, like quick float canceling airials at ground level, double jump landing, and a variety of other little tricks. Peach may not be as technical as say, fox, but she's no free ride either.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Short hopping and L-canceling are hardly advanced techniques. They're requirements for playing the game competitively.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i always tried to learn to wd with her, but i suck at it so i use it never, like only when the opponent is far awway, which doesn't even help me

i always relize that i should have l-cancled that move after i use it, but i never think of doing it before i land

so bassically, i never really even use wd or l cancel, so yeea for lazy peach players :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SHFFLing with Peach is fun and much easier than doing so with Sheik.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Basiclly WD is a situation skill. Knowing that WD uses up your tech attempt and leaves you with 40 Frames in which you can't tech can cost you the round. (tech attempt consists in 60 frames, first 20 frames techable and then 40 frames that you cant tech if you already press the L button and miss the first 20 frames). Now peach WD is really short, so you dont want to get hit on a WD cause that mean you'll prolly miss the tech, resulting in a painful combo (which is a peachs cons, getting combo'ed). I rarely use WD with peach, most likely to position myself, but i still use it cause its required in some cases and its important to have advance skill in order to be a good player. The more tech skills you have the more variety and better game you will have.

When it comes to SHFFLC well is not needed much, if at all, since you have FC :D. You still need L cancel thou, cause sometimes you can miss a FC or didnt have the float or w/e the reason can be.

SH well having SH its additional with peach, as mentioned before you got FC. FC pretty much covers some advance tech skills for peach.

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
I tend to SHFFL f-airs in situational circumstances. If I trade hits with a fox, and he's just up in the air, I'll SHFFL a f-air for a quick punish. Sometimes I just throw a f-air out there, and it surprises people. They don't tend to expect it.

WDing with Peach isn't so bad. You can control her approach better, but like a previous poster said, it can cause you to miss techs. Which is BAD.

Top Bottom