• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced techniques changed

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
It's sad that people need advanced techniques to be able to play competitively. I loved using wavedash (especially with the ICs. it was so easy with them) but in no way am I going to ***** and whine and complain just because it, along with other advanced techs were removed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if competitive players pride themselves in being competitive and being able to win and being better than the average player, shouldn't they be able to still own everybody's a$$ even without the techs? You guys are skilled enough to be great even without using exploits, so why complain? If anything, this should give you more of a drive. You can finally prove to those noobs that you can whoop their butts without using those so called "glitches."

Seriously, just like leaving some characters off the roster will not ruin Brawl, leaving out some of Melee's advanced techniques will not even come close to ruining Brawl. The competitive scene is still on. For God's sakes just look at the Falco vs. Wolf video!

On top of that, it's ridiculous to think that other exploits won't be discovered given some time. Brawl just came out. There hasn't been nearly enough time for people to discover all of the special techs. And once it comes out here in America, that'll speed up the process even more.

Top Bottom