• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced samus tech

Which tech should I reveal first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
I said about a week back that I would release all the tech that I've been hiding under my skirt for some time. My first post talked about slip edges, but only grazed the surface of it. The poll is the list that I've selected to start with, and the order I reveal will be based on popularity. The poll closes monday and I'll be putting out content weekly every monday following, covering the various subjects. Some subjects will take longer than a week to finish since I will be giving stage-specific information as well and when applicable, video.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Slip edges for me.

I feel like I have bomb combos and ledge options pretty well covered (though not perfected, so there's still stuff to learn) but I know nothing of slip edges.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
Why would you hide anything, just stop being a turd and post the info.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Bomb combos. I think there are hidden follow ups for far away bombs. Maybe drop bomb, bair into the bomb, RCS?

Assuming slip edges are prattacks.

Last edited:

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Bomb combos. I think there are hidden follow ups for far away bombs. Maybe drop bomb, bair into the bomb, RCS?

Assuming slip edges are prattacks.
Slip edge is where you push someone off a grabbable ledge with a move that has minimal knockback, which sets your opponent up to make huge mistakes. Jab 1 is a prime example.

Bair into bomb is in fact a combo, so is every other move in your kit (move into bomb into follow up.) This will probably be the hardest to accurately give information for.

Last edited:

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
With Bomb combos maybe a way to setup into them? Other wise I'm with everyone on choosing Slip edges.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
slip edges sound intriguing to me, i already use bombs excessively and developed bomb comboing on my own. Im curious to see new ideas, any of these would bring a new tool to my small but growing toolkit of understanding when it comes to Samus.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Slip edge is where you push someone off a grabbable ledge with a move that has minimal knockback, which sets your opponent up to make huge mistakes. Jab 1 is a prime example.

Bair into bomb is in fact a combo, so is every other move in your kit (move into bomb into follow up.) This will probably be the hardest to accurately give information for.
So yes, slip edge = prattack. These are pretty cool and pretty strong for Samus, just like you said, mostly off jab 1.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
So yes, slip edge = prattack. These are pretty cool and pretty strong for Samus, just like you said, mostly off jab 1.
Prattack is pushing someone into a tech situation from a platform.

The list of moves that can cause an effective slip edge are jab 1, jab 2 (low percent), sour spot and regular ftilt, cs at various low charge levels, and bomb.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Prattack is pushing someone into a tech situation from a platform.

The list of moves that can cause an effective slip edge are jab 1, jab 2 (low percent), sour spot and regular ftilt, cs at various low charge levels, and bomb.
And missile.

Last edited:

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Yeah missle works in the same way it works in a jablock situation but it isn't really reliable or effective.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Yeah missle works in the same way it works in a jablock situation but it isn't really reliable or effective.
You can cover getups on the reverse side of the stage with a homing missile and run it down as it explodes. You cover roll and jump get up on reaction and let homing missile cover normal getup. On no getup I jump over the ledge and RCS back toward the stage which covers everything but ledge drop, now they have no ledge invuln.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a surprise regional this weekend so my first post will be the following Monday

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Speaking about Samus tech, do you Tonetta or anybody else know about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ffWLnduDs&list=LLlLuK3go819PT1ERVFptgeA&index=3

It's at the min 2:32, Depth cancels his jab to quickly repeat the first hit three times. Do you know how to do it?
https://youtu.be/Iwej9oHK84o?t=28
0:29 & 1:08

There are 3 Methods:
- Jab > Flick the left Stick downwards > Jab

- Hold the left Stick diagonally down/back and press Attack > wait for AISA Frames while still holding the left Stick and Jab

- Hold the left Stick down and flick the right stick diagonally down/back or straight back to Jab (C-Stick set to Attack)

Last edited:

Ometeotl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zurdo
That's crouch cancelled jab, set your c-stick to attack, crouch then hit/flick diagonally on the c-stick.
https://youtu.be/Iwej9oHK84o?t=28
0:29 & 1:08

There are 3 Methods:
- Jab > Flick the left Stick downwards > Jab

- Hold the left Stick diagonally down/back and press Attack > wait for AISA Frames while still holding the left Stick and Jab

- Hold the left Stick down and flick the right stick diagonally down/back or straight back to Jab (C-Stick set to Jab)
Dang, this is pretty hard. I'm trying the first two methods since I'm very used to smash attacks on my right stick and I think I can do it every now and then but I'll have to practice again and again. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom