• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Tech - SUPER WAVE DASH!!! FULL DETAIL

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I like how this started as a useless glitch that can only be done at around 3 seconds into the match, then turned into a thing you can do at anytime as long as Pac-Man basically doesn't move/attack normally, and now it's turning into Pac-Man can do it whenever he wants to.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
do a side b, but dont mash your control stick as that would trigger a dash, let the pellet travel up a little bit then hold forward, make sure to land during the animation, you can also go backwards, but not nearly as far

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
I can hold side B throughout the entire duration of the move and it still works.

I wouldn't be too quick to write this off. We can potentially do some big things with this if we theorycraft + test it more.
Even though walking doesn't negate it, crawling doesn't either, and if Pac-Man is gonna be crawling like the glitchfest he is around the stage, that also decreases knockback done to him. Livin' till 200% or s/t.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I like how this started as a useless glitch that can only be done at around 3 seconds into the match, then turned into a thing you can do at anytime as long as Pac-Man basically doesn't move/attack normally, and now it's turning into Pac-Man can do it whenever he wants to.
I'm interested to see this thing evolve. It might not lead to much but if it ends up being phenomenal it'll be amazing.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is getting considerably more interesting... Might be time for me to start testing setups with this...

I can potentially see some dumb things coming of this, even if they never become practical to set up.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I was testing the walk and it seems if you walk too fast you disable the glitch. Can anyone confirm this?

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO SEE THE LIST I'LL PUT IT HERE ON THE 2ND PAGE! :4pacman:

This glitch can be done MANY times (ANYTIME) during a match!!!! :4pacman:

To do this glitch the easy way (List from Easiest to Hardiest:
1. Down+B (Hydrant) to Side+B (PP)
2. Roll to Side+B (PP)
3. Shield to Side+B (PP)
4. B (Fruit) cancel to Side+B (PP)
5. Side+B (PP)

*Use Side+B (PP) preferably 45 degree ↗ angle but you MUST let go the direction before the Side+B (PP) animation ends* WHEN SIDE+B (PP) ANIMATION ENDS WHILE PAC-MAN IS STILL IN THE AIR THEN GLITCH WILL BE DISABLED - THIS ALSO MEANS YOU CAN NOW KEEP HOLDING THE DIRECTION :) - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE!

****If PAC-MAN lands without a slide then the glitch is disabled for the entire match****

Moves you can ONLY use:
1. Side+B (Power Pallet)
2. B (Fruit Charge)
3. Down+B (Hydrant)
4. Shield
5. Dodge (Ground)
6. Roll (Left or Right)
7. Taunt
8. Crawl (Left or Right) - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
9. Throw - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
10. Ledge Grab - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-25-15)
11. A (Attacks) + (Tilts) (Ground) - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! 8-26-15)
12. Any Smash - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-26-15)
13. Slow Walk - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-27-15)
14. Fast Walk - *UPDATE* - CONFIRMED! OK TO USE! (8-27-15)

****Any other moves used will disable the glitch for the entire match****

Here's a list what you CAN'T use or Don'ts:
1. Jump
2. Up+B (Trampoline)
3. Walk or Run (Ground or Air)
4. Turning Pac-Man to face other direction (LEFT STICK) *UPDATE*
5. Enemy throwing you *UPDATE*
6. Enemy hitting you *UPDATE* - TESTING...
7. Getting hit by a projectile *UPDATE*
8. Falling off the stage TESTING...
9. Dash Attack *UPDATE*
10. A (Attacks) (Air) - TESTING...
11. Standing on top of Hydrant pushing you up (Water) - *But if you start charging the Fruit before hydrant pushes you up the glitch will still work! :)*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENJOY!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
I was testing the walk and it seems if you walk too fast you disable the glitch. Can anyone confirm this?
!!!!!UPDATE CONFIRMED!!!!!

Hi Splebel,

Here's a video of me testing CRAWL, SLOW WALK, WALK, AND WALKING FAST - Enjoy!

(Still no news on running or jumping...... :( )

New Update - WHEN SIDE+B (PP) ANIMATION ENDS WHILE PAC-MAN IS STILL IN THE AIR THEN GLITCH WILL BE DISABLED! (Refer at time frame 1:08)

ALSO YOU CAN NOW KEEP HOLDING THE DIRECTION WHEN LANDING FROM THE GLITCH AND IT WILL STILL WORK! :)

I'LL UPDATE THE LIST ABOVE!

Last edited:

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Okay so, um, I've seen posts here saying what the glitch does and how it can be used during a match, but I have not seen a single one actually explain how to freaking do it. Can someone please explain?! Also 2 further questions about it:

1- Will it work if I don't do it right in training mode and use the reset in the menu?

2-Does anyone know what is causing this to happen/go away? If we knew more about why its happening it'll be easier to figure out how to use it best.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Okay so, um, I've seen posts here saying what the glitch does and how it can be used during a match, but I have not seen a single one actually explain how to freaking do it. Can someone please explain?! Also 2 further questions about it:

1- Will it work if I don't do it right in training mode and use the reset in the menu?

2-Does anyone know what is causing this to happen/go away? If we knew more about why its happening it'll be easier to figure out how to use it best.
1-No

2-Look at the "don't" part of flipmode's post.

3(Bonus)-Side B into air let go of control stick before move finishes when Pacman starts to eat the trail move control stick. That's about it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
i did some testing and generally just having fun with this and apparently you can also grab ledge and get ko'd

wow ok no, this is nuts, you can do normal attacks and grab, just keep to the rule of not walking or running or doing a hard landing
i'm gonna push the limits with this, lets see how much of a man your pacs are
I do not understated how this works at all. How are you able to do this repeatedly? I'm reading so much conflicting things in this thread.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
just dont turn around, dont dash, dont jump and you're good. ease the control stick so you dont do a dash before side b and land when pac is going out of retro form. if you have to turn around either roll or buffer a side b out of shield or bonus fruit or whatever. ive been able to camp for a good chunk of the match with this, but you're gonna get hit eventually and have to jump or dash.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
They should think about adding a cape that could represents when he has this power or not. I would love to start off matches looking all normal and totally scrub-looking, then POW you(opponent) see a cape and realize Pac is on the other side of the stage and the cape is gone, in an instant too.
>=<?
['The year is 20XX'(Hilarious}(!D!)]+
[{Since when did capital letters take over Number(*characters)]

Last edited:

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
So does this work with the Orange only? It seems like a good fake out tool.
Hi Phantom Man,

This glitch has nothing to do with the Orange. Please scroll up /\ and check out my CAN's & CAN'T guide.

If you want to use Super Wave Dash to surprise your opponent, please watch the video below. ENJOY! :)

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
Is there any way to reactivate the glitch mid-match?
Hi Neutricity,

No, there is no way to reactivate the glitch mid-match once disabled. Just don't turn around, run, jump or get hit and you can keep doing the glitch.

If your trying to practice this glitch, the best way to train is through the "Custom Mode" and then choose "Characters"

Press "R" to test

If you disable the glitch, then simply press L+R to go back and then press "R" again to retry. This is the fastest way to quit :)

*THIS GLITCH WILL ALSO WORK FOR CUSTOM SIDE-B MOVES*

Be creative & Good Luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom