• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Smashing 101 - Dictionary of Advance Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Hello All,

I have been eyeing this forum for a bit, but I'm finding it rather difficult to get into. I have been playing smash for years with friends and have gotten quite good, non-competitively speaking. Now that online play is possible and I am playing all sorts of people, I'm finding I want to improve in order to stand a better chance at the more competitive players I fight online.

Unfortunately, after neglecting advanced techniques for years, you have been developing lingo that I am finding difficult to adjust to. There is a lot of it, and you often explain new techniques using relating to old techniques, using old lingo.

So here's what I would like to do. If people could post definitions for a whole bunch of different techniques, or simply the abbreviations you use to describe even mundane things, I will be editing this post to make a dictionary of sorts. This will make it easier for newcomers to get caught up.

If this thread can stickied, I think it would be helpful to a lot of people looking to improve their skills.

Thank you

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Yes, that's exactly what I"m looking for.

That should be stickied in these forums, because this is where people are going to be coming to look for this kind of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom