• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adeleine, the Miracle Painter (& Ribbon?): Sorry for the wait... but the wait continues.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Uh... so I have to things to report... good and bad.

The good is, Adeleine made another Twitter appearance again!

Unfortunately, Star Allies may be a dud after all. I've known this for a few weeks, but Vividria has an idle animation that greatly looks like Adeleine's in 64...

At this rate, I'm... kind of confused. If the Twitter knows how much people adore Adeleine, why do the games not reflect that?? I want to let go of my disappointment for this series once and for all, but I'm beginning to feel alienated by Kirby's indecisiveness with its characters.

I will say, Kirby needs an overhaul after this game. Star Allies is too representative of Kirby's latest safe route that is causing the games to stagnate.

This is not the end. I'm not going to let Adeleine's safety go unchecked without backlash.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Uh... so I have to things to report... good and bad.

The good is, Adeleine made another Twitter appearance again!

Unfortunately, Star Allies may be a dud after all. I've known this for a few weeks, but Vividria has an idle animation that greatly looks like Adeleine's in 64...

At this rate, I'm... kind of confused. If the Twitter knows how much people adore Adeleine, why do the games not reflect that?? I want to let go of my disappointment for this series once and for all, but I'm beginning to feel alienated by Kirby's indecisiveness with its characters.

I will say, Kirby needs an overhaul after this game. Star Allies is too representative of Kirby's latest safe route that is causing the games to stagnate.

This is not the end. I'm not going to let Adeleine's safety go unchecked without backlash.
I don't think we should be so pessimistic this soon. Star Allies must have been in development for a while now, so they might not have known how much people wanted to see more Adeliene.
The facts are, not only have the Dreamland helpers been brought back, the Artist ability is clearly a heavy reference to Adeleine, meaning that this weird Dark Matter trilogy pseudo-embargo has been phased out so much as to give the trilogy elements more and more appearances in-game. If Artist remains a staple of future Kirby games and support for Adeliene remains high we could potentially see our girl return to be a playable character similar to Metaknight, Dedede, or Bandana Dee. We're just now getting clear references to her, and the twitter artworks with her in it usually have her centre frame, let's not concede defeat due to her not showing up in person this time around.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The demo got datamined, and a lot of informations leaked from it.
Apparently, Adeleine is not in the game, outside a cameo in a puzzle picture (according to a reddit user, 2 puzzle pictures?)

The leak comes from a demo, I have some suspects that the leak is incomplete, there is something missing from it, something that feels odd and, well, maybe it's just me.

I'm convinced that the leak is incomplete, according to the leak, the majority of the game's levels are in the 4th (and last) world, and still according to the leak, that 4th zone has no bosses aside the final ones and 1 special boss fought aboard the friend star. That's just nonsense, since according to the plot of the game, you travel in space searching for the dark hearts, it makes no sense that there are no bosses in space.

The biggest proof that the leak is incomplete, is that the title of the extra mode is censored by HAL. It's "Guset Star ??? Star Allies". Now, I'm super convinced that ??? is the name of a character, and it has been censored because they know that hackers datamine their games.
It's not clear who the ??? character is, but it's almost confirmed that it's not Bandana Dee, and not even Metaknight nor King Dedede, since they are in the game as playable helpers, and treated as helpers. According to the leak, some other names are present in the game's data, the most important being Magolor apparently, but it seems that they got removed and only some traces of them remained.

There is the mistery of the puzzle pictures.
They are drawn by someone famous, and a guest, accorsing to Famitsu and Kirby's Twitter.
The leaks comes with the names of the pictures and the real world author of them, but it seems like the authors are people from HAL, at least a far as my knownledge goes; people from inside HAL =/= guests.
Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm speculating too much, say what you want, but I have the feeling that the extra mode is:

Guest Star: Adeleine Star Allies

and King Dedede, Metaknight and Bandana Dee are Adeleine's helpers... especially since the Artist ability has all 3 of them as paint summons - I think that Vividria and Kirby aren't powerful enough to draw the actual characters and they do those sketchy drawing, while Adeleine will be able to draw them as actual helper, and summon them when needed.

EDIT:

I searched a bit and it looks like those names aren't from HAL, they seem to be several artists unrelated with Kirby, I don't know.
On the other hand, still, according to the leak, there aren't pictures based on Kirby 64, only one based on the "Dreamland Trilogy", while in the actual game there is a picture with Adeleine, Ribbon and Ripple Star's castle in the background, stuff coming from K64, that's technically not a part of the Dreamland trilogy... the leak may not be 100% accurate.

EDIT2:

I have done a lot of research, and I found out that the Kirby 64 picture is probably listed in the leak, but it's listed as a Kirby Squeak Squad one (with the question mark because the leaker is not sure about that).

A Delicious Picnic - Squeak Squad(?), Kouichi Ooyama

I checked the art style of the artist and it fits the picture with Adeleine, Ribbon and the Ripple Star castle; also, the artist is apparently an illustrator who worked on Pokèmon cards and Earthbound, that's why it sounded familiar and at first I thought he was from HAL (technically, Earthbound is an HAL game).

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
The demo got datamined, and a lot of informations leaked from it.
Apparently, Adeleine is not in the game, outside a cameo in a puzzle picture (according to a reddit user, 2 puzzle pictures?)

The leak comes from a demo, I have some suspects that the leak is incomplete, there is something missing from it, something that feels odd and, well, maybe it's just me.

I'm convinced that the leak is incomplete, according to the leak, the majority of the game's levels are in the 4th (and last) world, and still according to the leak, that 4th zone has no bosses aside the final ones and 1 special boss fought aboard the friend star. That's just nonsense, since according to the plot of the game, you travel in space searching for the dark hearts, it makes no sense that there are no bosses in space.

The biggest proof that the leak is incomplete, is that the title of the extra mode is censored by HAL. It's "Guset Star ??? Star Allies". Now, I'm super convinced that ??? is the name of a character, and it has been censored because they know that hackers datamine their games.
It's not clear who the ??? character is, but it's almost confirmed that it's not Bandana Dee, and not even Metaknight nor King Dedede, since they are in the game as playable helpers, and treated as helpers. According to the leak, some other names are present in the game's data, the most important being Magolor apparently, but it seems that they got removed and only some traces of them remained.

There is the mistery of the puzzle pictures.
They are drawn by someone famous, and a guest, accorsing to Famitsu and Kirby's Twitter.
The leaks comes with the names of the pictures and the real world author of them, but it seems like the authors are people from HAL, at least a far as my knownledge goes; people from inside HAL =/= guests.
Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm speculating too much, say what you want, but I have the feeling that the extra mode is:

Guest Star: Adeleine Star Allies

and King Dedede, Metaknight and Bandana Dee are Adeleine's helpers... especially since the Artist ability has all 3 of them as paint summons - I think that Vividria and Kirby aren't powerful enough to draw the actual characters and they do those sketchy drawing, while Adeleine will be able to draw them as actual helper, and summon them when needed.
I'm not holding my breath for that as I expect them to take baby steps in introducing Adeliene back into the world of Kirby, but it would be one hell of a nice surprise.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
THERE'S HOPE!!!!
They have shown a free DLC for Kirby Star Allies with a lot of additional characters, Rick, Coo, Kine, Marx, GOOEY!!!
And they said that they will continue adding more characters, this means, ADELEINE MAY BE ADDED IN THE FUTURE!!!!
Please don't exclude her once again, PLEASE, this is a dream coming true, all those awesome characters finally playable, YES!!!

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
And, so... in the end...

I bought Star Allies in great anticipation! I've never seen a more likelier shot for Adeleine to come back! Surely they know. Surely they will pull through!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
A couple of years ago there was nothing but a couple of keychains, now there's a big chance to have her as a playable character in the main gameplay for the first time!

Also, based on my speculations, I assume she will be in the next DLC

It looks like they are adding those characters in chronological order:
- Animals (they are considered a single character), Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Marx, Kirby Superstar
- Gooey, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Probably the next DLC will feature

- Adeleine, Kirby 64
- Daroach, Kirby Squeak Squad
- Magolor, Kirby's Return to Dreamland

But there is still the chance that they will take Ribbon instead of Adeleine, please don't... not when you already have the Artist ability ready and you just need to make a couple of adjustments, versus adapting a character who's not even a fighter, figuring out what to do with those crystals for a moveset.

This said, for the third (and last I suppose) DLC I speculated

- Taranza, Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Susie, Kirby Planet Robobot
and a third character that can be Galacta Knight or Gryll depending on how deep they want to search for characters to bring back.

But those are all speculations of mine, there are no informations yet, just speculation.

EDIT: Now make a Kirby Fighters 2 with that roster of characters and my life is complete, my life would be even more complete when those characters are added in Smash.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
This kirby character needs more love, hey she might even appear in star allies, SUPPORT!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Adeleine looking likely for Star Allies AND Smash?! A dream come true!
Adeleine is very likely to be added as a Dream Friend later in a Star Allies update. It's still not 100% sure, but she's very likely.
About Smash, well, she's still a bit unlikely sadly...
Now that the inklings are in the game, I suppose that adding Adeleine would be easier, because of the paint mechanic that would be used by both characters (I assume this because the Artist ability uses similar paint particles effects), though with the Dream Friends in Kirby Star Allies I think that they brought all those characters to the same level of relevance... this means that Marx, Gooey and the other guys have the same chances of Adeleine to be added in Smash (assuming that Adeleine will be a dream friend, I sure hope she will be). This said, judging by the reactions of the people from the web, Gooey, Marx and Adeleine seem to be the most hyped dream friends, with Ribbon and, oddly, Prince Fluff, just a little behind; if that counts, I think that Gooey, Marx and Adeleine are the dream friends with the best chance of being added in Smash... it all depends on Sakurai (assuming that he's still the director... he hinted it but it's not confirmed yet, right?); I now see Marx as the most likely character, and IMO after his comeback as playable he's even more likely than Bandana Dee.

This kirby character needs more love, hey she might even appear in star allies, SUPPORT!
Thank you for your support! Feel free to comment when you want to, more active people are welcome in this thread!
Currently we don't have a supporters list, though it's nice to see that you support the character, thank you!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Putting in some support here. Adeline is such an interesting and underutilized character.

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it be interesting if Ado was chosen as a Dream Friend? I imagined she would have light, translucent rainbow effects instead of Artist Kirby's paint splatter, since that seems more her style, but either would work so I just drew paint splatter.

Attack: Brush Slash, same as Artist Kirby's.
Dash + Attack: Brush Splash, same as Artist Kirby's.
Dash + Attack + Attack (mashed): Art Attack, Adeleine panics and unleashes a flurry of wild swipes, flinging globs of pain ahead of her.
Air + Attack: Brush Twirl, Adeleine spins mid-air, unleashing a spiral of paint around herself
Up, Down + Attack: Paint Chase, Adeleine winds up her brush high in the air, then slams her brush into the ground, unleashing a small, far-reaching wave of paint. Based on Checker Board Chase.
Down + Attack: Canvas. She drops a canvas like Artist Kirby does for his "Painter" attack. Adeleine can do context sensitive attacks when in front of her summoned canvas.

Canvas + Attack: Bukiset. Adeleine paints a random Bukiset (Needle, Parasol, Clean, Stone, Fire, Ice, Cutter, Spark). They run along and attack, similar to Kirby's Painter creations. Five of the Bukiset can imbue weapon helpers/abilities with the five elements in the game. If a weapon holder tries to combine, Bukiset will kamikaze into them to give the ally their ability. Parasol Bukiset can grant Water, Clean Bukiset can grant wind, Fire Bukiset can grant fire, Ice Bukiset can grant Ice, and Spark Bukiset can grant Plasma. If that seems too complex or OP then she just draws a Dedede in her own art style that behaves the same as Kirby's.
Canvas + Up + Attack: Loud Painter. Adeleine paints a Loud (enemy from Dream Land 3) that drifts along a short distance, stops and drops a few damaging rain drops, and repeats. Adeleine can jump on Loud to fly around on him, as her brush passively paints a rainbow trail, which harms enemies and breaks blocks on contact. Riding Loud stops him from releasing rain drops. Riding Loud is mechanically the same as Clean + Chuchu. If Adeleine jumps while riding Loud, he dissipates and she falls down normally.
Canvas + Side + Attack: Skud Painter. Adeleine paints three Skuds. One flies high, one medium, one low. They seek the nearest enemy and kamikaze into them, like bombs. Functionally very similar to Bomb + Bomb Kirby in Crystal Shards, but not quite as speedy.
Canvas + Down + Attack: Ice Dragon Painter. Adeleine paints an Ice Dragon that moves along freezing foes, stars, and blocks. If he reaches an ice block at ground level, he stops to smack it with his tail before continuing onward. I drew him small here but that's only because I'm inconsistent, he should be as big as her canvas allows.

Adeleine can also do Still Life and Paint Rocker.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Wouldn't it be interesting if Ado was chosen as a Dream Friend? I imagined she would have light, translucent rainbow effects instead of Artist Kirby's paint splatter, since that seems more her style, but either would work so I just drew paint splatter.

Attack: Brush Slash, same as Artist Kirby's.
Dash + Attack: Brush Splash, same as Artist Kirby's.
Dash + Attack + Attack (mashed): Art Attack, Adeleine panics and unleashes a flurry of wild swipes, flinging globs of pain ahead of her.
Air + Attack: Brush Twirl, Adeleine spins mid-air, unleashing a spiral of paint around herself
Up, Down + Attack: Paint Chase, Adeleine winds up her brush high in the air, then slams her brush into the ground, unleashing a small, far-reaching wave of paint. Based on Checker Board Chase.
Down + Attack: Canvas. She drops a canvas like Artist Kirby does for his "Painter" attack. Adeleine can do context sensitive attacks when in front of her summoned canvas.

Canvas + Attack: Bukiset. Adeleine paints a random Bukiset (Needle, Parasol, Clean, Stone, Fire, Ice, Cutter, Spark). They run along and attack, similar to Kirby's Painter creations. Five of the Bukiset can imbue weapon helpers/abilities with the five elements in the game. If a weapon holder tries to combine, Bukiset will kamikaze into them to give the ally their ability. Parasol Bukiset can grant Water, Clean Bukiset can grant wind, Fire Bukiset can grant fire, Ice Bukiset can grant Ice, and Spark Bukiset can grant Plasma. If that seems too complex or OP then she just draws a Dedede in her own art style that behaves the same as Kirby's.
Canvas + Up + Attack: Loud Painter. Adeleine paints a Loud (enemy from Dream Land 3) that drifts along a short distance, stops and drops a few damaging rain drops, and repeats. Adeleine can jump on Loud to fly around on him, as her brush passively paints a rainbow trail, which harms enemies and breaks blocks on contact. Riding Loud stops him from releasing rain drops. Riding Loud is mechanically the same as Clean + Chuchu. If Adeleine jumps while riding Loud, he dissipates and she falls down normally.
Canvas + Side + Attack: Skud Painter. Adeleine paints three Skuds. One flies high, one medium, one low. They seek the nearest enemy and kamikaze into them, like bombs. Functionally very similar to Bomb + Bomb Kirby in Crystal Shards, but not quite as speedy.
Canvas + Down + Attack: Ice Dragon Painter. Adeleine paints an Ice Dragon that moves along freezing foes, stars, and blocks. If he reaches an ice block at ground level, he stops to smack it with his tail before continuing onward. I drew him small here but that's only because I'm inconsistent, he should be as big as her canvas allows.

Adeleine can also do Still Life and Paint Rocker.
Thank you so much!!
Your moveset concept is awesome, I love it!
The 3 missiles drawing is clever, a nice reference! It would be interesting if, when done underwater, she would summon 3 of those water missile enemies instead of 3 Skuds (they MUST change their name though, for obvious reasons).

They said that they will do more Dream Friends updates, the one with Marx, the animals and Gooey was the first, we don't know how many of them they planned to release, but it's possible that they will represent every major game in the series excluding Dreamland 1 and Adventure (because Dedede and Metaknight are already in).
They currenty have done Dreamland 2, Superstar and Dreamland 3, the next one in the chronological order is Kirby 64, so it's very likely that Adeleine will be the next Dream Friend to be revealed. Though, there is still the possibility that they will choose Ribbon instead... I hope not, Adeleine has more gameplay potential than Ribbon, if anything, add both of them, but if only one for each game is allowed, better to be Adeleine.
From the datamine it was revealed that Magolor is mentioned in the code, so probably he will be added as well, this means that KRTD has 2 Dream Friends, while every other game has just 1, so if this can happen, Adeleine and Ribbon should be added as separate characters and none of them should replace the other.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
A couple of years ago there was nothing but a couple of keychains, now there's a big chance to have her as a playable character in the main gameplay for the first time!

Also, based on my speculations, I assume she will be in the next DLC

It looks like they are adding those characters in chronological order:
- Animals (they are considered a single character), Kirby's Dream Land 2
- Marx, Kirby Superstar
- Gooey, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Probably the next DLC will feature

- Adeleine, Kirby 64
- Daroach, Kirby Squeak Squad
- Magolor, Kirby's Return to Dreamland

But there is still the chance that they will take Ribbon instead of Adeleine, please don't... not when you already have the Artist ability ready and you just need to make a couple of adjustments, versus adapting a character who's not even a fighter, figuring out what to do with those crystals for a moveset.

This said, for the third (and last I suppose) DLC I speculated

- Taranza, Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Susie, Kirby Planet Robobot
and a third character that can be Galacta Knight or Gryll depending on how deep they want to search for characters to bring back.

But those are all speculations of mine, there are no informations yet, just speculation.

EDIT: Now make a Kirby Fighters 2 with that roster of characters and my life is complete, my life would be even more complete when those characters are added in Smash.
I knew that artist ability wasn't a groin kick; it was a hint! :kirby:

Please HAL! I want to see Ado in HD :3

Last edited:

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I drew a little Adeleine just for you.

Good thinking with the torpedo enemy replacing Skud underwater. She could also have a charged brush attack that mimics Splash Sword's. Just to clarify with my previous thing, Ice Dragon would take longer to paint than other Painter attacks, but he would be bigger and tougher. Maybe she could also charge her Painter moves, like charging Bukiset could unleash in instance of Miracle Matter (with new Clean and Parasol Miracle Matter!) and charging Loud could unleash Kracko. But these moves should take a good while, and they shouldn't be as strong as Boss Adeleien's paintings.

But heck, even if she was just a regular ol' Artist ability with no new moves, I would still be really happy to see her and put her on my team.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Ado anon Ado anon Your drawing is nice! It resembles K64's artworks during the credits.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, this picture makes me think of A Boy and His Blob!

A couple of things: it would be cool if any character could ride Loud, so that you can ride it as Staff Kirby and complete the Son Goku reference (or the Chinese equivalent of it).

Another cool idea (that I implemented in one of my old moveset concepts for Smash) is drawing some traps on the stage, such as a drawing of Pacto, doing a side attack like in some modern games (in KDL3 its attack were up or down only), or an I^3 falling from above, it only activates when an enemy gets under it; or a Tick, in a similar way.
About Tick, I did a small animation time ago for Adeleine's up grab in Smash, and it involved a drawing of Tick... I already posted it in this thread time ago, but it became 404, so I'm posting it again:

Well, this is completely unrelated, but I also did a Kirby's Dream Course icon with Adeleine:

It's small, but that's the resolution in the game...

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I would actually like to see her in the game. Even though the Inklings are in the game now I still would like to see her. Just becase we already have one Ink-Based character doesn't mean we can't have two. Adeleine's playstyle could be full of Kirby references. Considering how most characters have moves referencing their games(Even though in their actual games they can't do some of the things they are referencing. Take Kirby for example. He can use his copy abilities as a part of his moveset but he doesn't actually have any of the copy abilities and is just plain Kirby. Evn though in the games he can't do anything but inhale and spit when he's normal. Or Peach. She can use attack opponents with a Tennis Racket/Saucepan/Golf club and pick vegetables out of the ground and throws them but yet in the actual Mario games she always gets kidnapped and does nothing)it actually makes sense for Adeleine because she can literary do anything with her brush and bring life to it. And a good rival to the Inkling too.
And they could even reference the Confusion with Adeleien and Ado by having Ado as an alternate costume.
Plus there's a good chance of her return since the Kirby Twitter has put her in the anniversary pictures alongside the rest of Kirby's friends, The Artist ability in Kirby Star Allies is a reference to her and with the Dream Freinds feature in Star Allies Adeleine may get her return.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Its a shame she hasn't appeared in more Kirby games so her chances are slim to none, but my dream is a smash match between the crystal shards team Kirby, Waddle Dee, Adeleine, and King Dedede.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Its a shame she hasn't appeared in more Kirby games so her chances are slim to none, but my dream is a smash match between the crystal shards team Kirby, Waddle Dee, Adeleine, and King Dedede.
Don't lose your hopes, the second wave of Dream Friends is coming out soon, Adeleine is very likely to be part of it. I'm being patient, waiting for the next update...

I hope all the Dream Friends will get at least a trophy in Smash, Adeleine needs to at least appear this time.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Just came up with a potential tagline for Adeleine's Splash card assuming if they return for this Smash.
Adeleine paints up the compettition!
(If anyone came up with this before me, I did not have any idea of it)

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Just came up with a potential tagline for Adeleine's Splash card assuming if they return for this Smash.
Adeleine paints up the compettition!
(If anyone came up with this before me, I did not have any idea of it)
I know that there were some splash cards mockups for Adeleine in the past, there's one that says "Colors the Match!"
Your suggestion seems nice BTW!

I was thinking of something...
Let's suppose Adeleine is in Smash, and she has a stage, such as Quiet Forest or something.
What if she has some easter egg like Fox in Melee, Snake in Brawl and Palutena in 4?
Maybe, if you keep the opponent idling and you hold the taunt button for several seconds with Adeleine, she will draw the opponent, and when done, she shows the artwork on screen. It would be very funny, especially if those artworks are not exactly accurate to what the character is, but it represents the way how Adeleine sees it.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hey people! I came with potential good news!

Look for yourselves.

https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/990666234357321729

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Hey people! I came with potential good news!

Look for yourselves.

https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/990666234357321729
Supported by the leaker from before!

https://twitter.com/reserved_kirby/status/990685421783760896

My goodness, I hope this is real! I could talk about my technical problems with the mages and Dark Meta Knight, but if Adeleine finally graces Kirby's first Switch game, I can happily say I was wrong about my first impressions of Star Allies!

Please confirm this, HAL! I've never been this close to seeing a long-lost hope come alive before!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if the rumors are true then Adeline is headlining the er...

What's the era between classic and modern? Dreamcast?

The new millennium era of Kirby pals

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Welp. It's time to celebrate guys. Adeleine's finally returned to the Kirby series. About damn time too. The only human to ever exist in the Kirby series. They'll probably announce the waves at E3. Hopefully lucky enough they might do more with her in future games.
Even though it's unlikely maybe we can get Adeleine in Smash? Even though Bandana Dee's more likely and Marx has been getting more attention recently I'd love for her to be in the game. Unless we just get all three then I'd freaking die of hype. Hey, we have six Fire Emblem characters it makes sense that Sakurai plugs in his first creation in like this. Six Kirby characters I wouldn't mind.

D

Deleted member

I have recently played Kirby 64 for the first time and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Might be one of my top 5 favorite Kirby games.
While her Star Allies moveset hasn't been showcased yet I feel like it will at least be based on the artist ability, and it would be pretty cool to see that kind of moveset in Smash as well.
So yeah, sign me up. I'm still more of a Bandana Dee guy (With Susie being a close second), but as long as he gets in I'd be cool with almost any Kirby newcomer. If another Kirby character somehow gets picked over him, I'd rather Adeline over Marx at the moment.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Were is the source that says Adeline will be in Kirby Star Allies? I cant find anything official. I might consider buying the game if that's true. Its been years since I last played a Kirby game since the franchise seemed to hit its peak with "The Crystal Shards", and rapidly declined after that.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
AdeleineIsBack.png

Were is the source that says Adeline will be in Kirby Star Allies? I cant find anything official. I might consider buying the game if that's true. Its been years since I last played a Kirby game since the franchise seemed to hit its peak with "The Crystal Shards", and rapidly declined after that.
Troykv posted the links to the twitter account who released the news. It's not an official source, though the informations are obtained through hacking the game, and the hacker who previously leaked all the text of the game from the demo (before the game was released), confirmed that it's legit.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 143160 Troykv posted the links to the twitter account who released the news. It's not an official source, though the informations are obtained through hacking the game, and the hacker who previously leaked all the text of the game from the demo (before the game was released), confirmed that it's legit.
Eh, I would wait to hear from an official source. Even if there is data from a character, the character could still be scrapped. Better to remain cautiously optimistic at this point.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played 3 Kirby games: Kirby Air Ride (GameCube), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), and Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS). But, add me to supporters.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Eh, I would wait to hear from an official source. Even if there is data from a character, the character could still be scrapped. Better to remain cautiously optimistic at this point.
I want to see it from an official source too, but I fear we must wait until June 12 (E3 direct - that's not a bad thing really, considering all the visibility the character would get during that event).
Anyway, there is a remote possibility that the character is scrapped or the leak is fake, but it's really unlikely, very unlikely.
The Dream Friends are downloadable characters for the new game, they apparently come in packs of 3 each (according to the leak, the names of the unreleased characters are splitted in groups of 3 under the label of DLC2 and DLC3).

The first set, already released, included the 3 animals (Rick, Kine and Coo, as one character), Marx and Gooey, according to the leak, there will be 2 more DLCs, the second one is Adeleine, Dark Metaknight and Daroach, and the 3rd is Magolor, Taranza and Susie (+ the mage generals from Star Allies, for some reason listed along with the DLC3 characters but separately), and there are some hints that Hyness is going to be a Dream Friend too in the future, but it's not listed in the files of the game, it only has the 4 player colors in the texture files (it's possible that he got scrapped in favor of the mages).

Default:
Bandana Waddle Dee - to please the fans asking for a bandana dee mode probably
King Dedede - Kirby's Dream Land 1
Metaknight - Kirby's Adventure

DLC1:
Rick/Kine/Coo - Kirby's Dreamland 2
Marx - Kirby Superstar
Gooey - Kirby's Dreamland 3

DLC2:
Adeleine - Kirby 64
Dark Metaknight - Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Daroach - Kirby Squeak Squad

DLC3:
Magolor - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Taranza - Kirby Triple Deluxe
Susie - Kirby Planet Robobot

???:
Mage Generals - Kirby Star Allies

All those characters represent a specific game, and apparently they are released in chronological order, so the worst case scenario is that they replace Adeleine with Ribbon or make them a duo instead of Adeleine alone.
Kirby 64 must have a character as Dream Friend; it's unlikely that the character they have chosen to represent said game is going to be scrapped (and so far it seems that they have chosen Adeleine, luckily).

I mean, even if the leak turns out to be fake and the leakers trolled us (unlikely), there is still a huge chance that Adeleine is going to be a Dream Friend regardless of the leak, because she's the best to represent Kirby 64 and be playable, Ribbon is nice and all but she has never been playable nor has ever shown any kind of combat skill (aside of giving the crystal gun to Kirby, who is the one who uses it during the 02 bossfight anyway).

Adeleine has definitely more gameplay potential than Ribbon (in K64 she was playable in minigames and in the beta she was planned to be playable in the main story but the multiple characters feature was scrapped all together before the release of the game; in the meanwhile Ribbon was always meant to be an NPC and that never changed, unless you consider the very early development days of the game where they considered to put the 6 animal friends from Dream Land 3 as playable too).

Beta (main 4 characters playable, Ribbon excluded):

Early concept (everyone and their family playable):

I've only played 3 Kirby games: Kirby Air Ride (GameCube), Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii), and Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS). But, add me to supporters.
We don't have a supporter list (yet?) though you are welcome, more supporters and especially more activity in the thread are always welcome!
Thank You!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to see it from an official source too, but I fear we must wait until June 12 (E3 direct - that's not a bad thing really, considering all the visibility the character would get during that event).
Anyway, there is a remote possibility that the character is scrapped or the leak is fake, but it's really unlikely, very unlikely.
The Dream Friends are downloadable characters for the new game, they apparently come in packs of 3 each (according to the leak, the names of the unreleased characters are splitted in groups of 3 under the label of DLC2 and DLC3).

The first set, already released, included the 3 animals (Rick, Kine and Coo, as one character), Marx and Gooey, according to the leak, there will be 2 more DLCs, the second one is Adeleine, Dark Metaknight and Daroach, and the 3rd is Magolor, Taranza and Susie (+ the mage generals from Star Allies, for some reason listed along with the DLC3 characters but separately), and there are some hints that Hyness is going to be a Dream Friend too in the future, but it's not listed in the files of the game, it only has the 4 player colors in the texture files (it's possible that he got scrapped in favor of the mages).

Default:
Bandana Waddle Dee - to please the fans asking for a bandana dee mode probably
King Dedede - Kirby's Dream Land 1
Metaknight - Kirby's Adventure

DLC1:
Rick/Kine/Coo - Kirby's Dreamland 2
Marx - Kirby Superstar
Gooey - Kirby's Dreamland 3

DLC2:
Adeleine - Kirby 64
Dark Metaknight - Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Daroach - Kirby Squeak Squad

DLC3:
Magolor - Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Taranza - Kirby Triple Deluxe
Susie - Kirby Planet Robobot

???:
Mage Generals - Kirby Star Allies

All those characters represent a specific game, and apparently they are released in chronological order, so the worst case scenario is that they replace Adeleine with Ribbon or make them a duo instead of Adeleine alone.
Kirby 64 must have a character as Dream Friend; it's unlikely that the character they have chosen to represent said game is going to be scrapped (and so far it seems that they have chosen Adeleine, luckily).

I mean, even if the leak turns out to be fake and the leakers trolled us (unlikely), there is still a huge chance that Adeleine is going to be a Dream Friend regardless of the leak, because she's the best to represent Kirby 64 and be playable, Ribbon is nice and all but she has never been playable nor has ever shown any kind of combat skill (aside of giving the crystal gun to Kirby, who is the one who uses it during the 02 bossfight anyway).

Adeleine has definitely more gameplay potential than Ribbon (in K64 she was playable in minigames and in the beta she was planned to be playable in the main story but the multiple characters feature was scrapped all together before the release of the game; in the meanwhile Ribbon was always meant to be an NPC and that never changed, unless you consider the very early development days of the game where they considered to put the 6 animal friends from Dream Land 3 as playable too).

Beta (main 4 characters playable, Ribbon excluded):

Early concept (everyone and their family playable):

We don't have a supporter list (yet?) though you are welcome, more supporters and especially more activity in the thread are always welcome!
Thank You!
Dedede, meta knight and dee were added because they're the most important kirby characters after kirby, not to rep a game. That's also why they were in the base game rather than dlc.
However i agree that they're likely adding one dlc dream friend per game (from dreamland 2 onward, anyway) so adeleine will likely be included even if the leak somehow turns out to be fake (which it isn't because reservedkirby is a very credible source)

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
People, they're revealing the DLC2 Dream Friends! So far, it seems that the leak may be true, they shown the silhouette of one of the Dream Friends, and it seems to be Daroach seen from above (you can notice the peculiar shape of his hat and the big ears).

Now, the only concern is, Adeleine alone or Adeleine & Ribbon? It seems that they want to slowly release tiny bits of informations so we must wait more, I guess 3 weeks at worst.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
People, they're revealing the DLC2 Dream Friends! So far, it seems that the leak may be true, they shown the silhouette of one of the Dream Friends, and it seems to be Daroach seen from above (you can notice the peculiar shape of his hat and the big ears).

Now, the only concern is, Adeleine alone or Adeleine & Ribbon? It seems that they want to slowly release tiny bits of informations so we must wait more, I guess 3 weeks at worst.
Indeed, the shadow was Daroach!

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/998760585742336000

There's virtually no doubt in my mind that the leaks were real! I find it a bit strange that they chose to reveal him first, but I suspect they're revealing everyone in reverse chronological order. And I believe I can safely bet that Adeleine will be the climactic finale. How could she not? The return of a beloved character, particularly one of great neglect over the years, will be HUGE.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Indeed, the shadow was Daroach!

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/998760585742336000

There's virtually no doubt in my mind that the leaks were real! I find it a bit strange that they chose to reveal him first, but I suspect they're revealing everyone in reverse chronological order. And I believe I can safely bet that Adeleine will be the climactic finale. How could she not? The return of a beloved character, particularly one of great neglect over the years, will be HUGE.
Yeah, I think they're revealing them in reversal order because of the potential reactions:

The underdog, then the "too obvious to be true" and then the favorite of the bunch.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I am so into the idea of Adeleine for Smash. I personally think it'd be awesome with great moveset potential.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So, who expects Adeleine at E3? After Dark Meta Knight got revealed, that leak is all but confirmed now. It makes sense HAL and Nintendo would want to save her for such a big event. She's the only major character in the series to be a human, for one thing.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
So, who expects Adeleine at E3? After Dark Meta Knight got revealed, that leak is all but confirmed now. It makes sense HAL and Nintendo would want to save her for such a big event. She's the only major character in the series to be a human, for one thing.
I'm gonna assume they'll cover the Dream Friends a bit at the Treehouse event, but if the pattern holds she will be teased in about 28 hours and revealed on Monday. What I'm hoping happens is that the reveal in Star Allies transitions into a reveal into Smash! But I'm likely getting ahead of myself.

Certainly it feels nice to know that Adeleine's all but guaranteed, but a few questions remain. How will they disguise her silhouette? How will she be able to fly like the other characters? Is Ribbon involved with her in any way? Will they fake us out by using Ribbon's silhouette to throw us off into realizing Adeleine and Ribbon are a duo?

Most of this is speculation, obviously. All I'm certain of is that we're getting a well-deserved 64 rep at long last. And good thing, too! That Star Allies hype train was a disorienting roller coaster, and I don't think I can tolerate experiencing that again!

Top Bottom