• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Addiction, Withdrawal and the Inherent Curse of Threes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
... I don't get it.

(but something tells me there isn't a joke at all)

But here's a question to all of you fellow pot smokers, do you consider it to be a drug?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
AND now that everyone's forgotten about Cyris, I'm gonna say, "Hay Cyris, how's the cold turkey cooking? Is the black stuff coming from your lungs just yet?...or maybe that only happens with life-time smokers. Anyway, you have my prayers, and you should soon feel the holy hand of Allah slipping into your darkest little places."

And, [to everyone now] Of course weed is a drug. it's a mind-altering substance. Just because it is a natural drug, and thus less EVIL than meth, doesn't make it any less of a drug. Isn't peyote a drug?

BTW who here has ever had peyote? What was it like? My history techer last year said it was quite an experience, a "higher form of consciousness" if I haven't misquoted him.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't know why I would be sarcastic. Weed is a drug and that's it. You can't say weed is a food or a power tool or something, so wtf are you saying?

(peyote sounds interesting. not as much as mushrooms, which I guess is just a little easier to find around ol Daytona Beach)

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
It surprised to hear all you guys say that weed is a drug. This isn't to say that you're wrong, but the general consensus of all the Canadian potheads I know is that it isn't a drug, it's a plant. And I know this is obvious, but what I mean is that it's no different from another plant like dandelions. No matter what plant or weed you pick, if you smoke it, it will affect you in some way, cannabis just has favourable affects. Anyone else ever had salvia? It's not considered a drug...

Imo, the only way weed is a drug is by law. It messes with your head, but I've done a number of other drugs, and weed isn't even in the same ballpark. Grass heightens emotion for me, it makes me happier and sometimes tired, but it never elevates me to that different state of being like all other drugs do (including alcohol).

Also, the fact that it is in its natural form edges it away from the drug title too, but this rationality is flawed in that other substances like cocaine are still drugs.

And thx for the shout-out RF, cold-turkey's goin great. The whole black phlegm stage only lasted 2.5 weeks or so and it's pretty much smooth sailing (comparatively) until the dreaded third month.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I'm also trying to quit smoking at the moment. I think I'm at about 3 weeks or something. It's not going all that bad either actually, the only time I really crave one is when I see other people smoking. The reason I need to quit is because I need to join the army in about 2 years and passing the physical test would be quite difficult if I was still smoking. I think I'm still going through the flegm period at the moment but it'll probably be over soon. Good luck to you Cyrus. We're both going to need it.

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
The entire world has turned to bizarro town. When considering plants such as salvia, that's where the real debate comes in for me. I'm not sure how the laws are in the U.S. over this subject, but I can go up to the weed store in the quaint little town, buy all the salvia I want, smoke it at my leisure and the cops will have nothing on me. I'm not going to do this mind you, once was enough, but the fact remains that a substance so dangerous has no lawful standing as a drug, whereas weed is often treated with the same delinquency as alcohol.

davlaw

Smash Rookie
I quit smoking on Chantix though I have tried to do cold turkey on two occasions, but of no use. I have smoked for around 5 yrs with pack a day. Thanks to chantix and the support my family provided me. It really helped me to get over my nicotine addiction and I don’t feel craving anymore. There is one thing which I would like to share and which helped me a lot initially, try having a glass of water when you feel craving the most. It a tough road but it's worth so best luck to all those who want to give up smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom