• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adapting stages to P:M.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Hey, I did some stuff to the Paper Mario stage that Nausicaa has under his thread. I thought it was pretty much good as is, but I found that the right wall still had a gap in the collisions. I believe I fixed it now. I also reversed the paratroopa texture and paper peach now flies in from the top left. Idk, just small aesthetics. Oh and I ported it to go over Flatzone2 so the characters appear flat now (.rel file included). http://www.mediafire.com/?na3hbk8kva4870b,nece8vzeqx3o80j

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The stage is smaller than SSE: Jungle with a similar platform layout, it's about the size of Final destination. I couldn't modify much else because the stage is basically one big model, but I thought it was already pretty good as it is. Enjoy !
I haven't actually downloaded anything or read anything else in this thread, but you can edit things like this in the newer versions of BrawlBox with the vertex editor now.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I can help you with that question, but not here. I'll PM you a tutorial of how to put in SSS pics into Brawl, sometime later. ;)

stampface

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-0765-1109
I got Lineland Road, and it works as normal in practice, but in multiplayer, it just loads up a glitched Shadow Moses Island. If anyone's got help, I need it.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
I got Lineland Road, and it works as normal in practice, but in multiplayer, it just loads up a glitched Shadow Moses Island. If anyone's got help, I need it.
Did you replace all three of the stages ? You have to copy the file in the download three times and rename it "STGMETALGEAR_00, STGMETALGEAR_01 & STGMETALGEAR_02" for it to work properly or there will be a chance for it to load the normal Shadow moses stage.

stampface

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-0765-1109
Do I copy the PAC or REL files?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks for the info.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I ported it to go over Flatzone2 so the characters appear flat now
Good call on that one. :D

Camera, Blastzones, Spawn Locations, and a few other details like that are essential for adapting Stages.
Can't count the number of Stages I've had to tweak for that stuff to make sense. Simple example, look at PM2.5 Norfair (not sure if it's the same in 2.6 as I just used my changed version right away).
Some characters start the game 'teetering' over a ledge above other characters. So poorly designed. haha

You can find tutorials of that stuff on youtube probably, or just google the stuff. Pretty simple number/file tweaks, and needed often. I was going to adjust the Spawn-Points on that Paper Mario stage in the next version too. No character should start on a platform hanging off the stage with another character potentially spawning in a position that's basically edge-guarding them. haha

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Sorry for no update i've been lazy xD. I recently made an alternative version of castlesky with the Castle Siege's background. Btw platforms are not glitched in game (looks odd on the picture). A new stage should also be coming soon.

EDIT: Updated the OP, go check it out !

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Hey, I did some stuff to the Paper Mario stage that Nausicaa has under his thread. I thought it was pretty much good as is, but I found that the right wall still had a gap in the collisions. I believe I fixed it now. I also reversed the paratroopa texture and paper peach now flies in from the top left. Idk, just small aesthetics. Oh and I ported it to go over Flatzone2 so the characters appear flat now (.rel file included). http://www.mediafire.com/?na3hbk8kva4870b,nece8vzeqx3o80j

I love the stage but for some reason the CPU AI keeps running back and forth to the left most tree and then to the platform above the door. Please look into this when you can, it makes it almost un-useable for Player VS CPU matches =(

210stuna

Smash Lord
yo you should really try to give earth destination a animated backround bc damn its ugly, although the stage itself is amazing, you really dig deep with the stages don't you? the rest is awesome, just ED is so meh without an animated BG
The ledges for the stages are that from the original Final Destination in Brawl, and it has that lip where you can get trapped and die instead of sliding up directly as in the Melee Final Destination. The original creator of the stage said they wouldn't release the final build on Brawl Vault.

Bummer I know.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've now adopted Castlesky, Clocktower, and the alteration of Yoshi's Island to my stage selection, oh I took the suggestion to make Shadow Moses into a triple stage Mushroom Kingdom/Lineland Road thing. Can't say I have any complaints, though I did notice that some of the music in the Clocktower songs folder is full of static.

All in all though, good job.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Having some trouble with this one. Any stage that i wanted to put over a different stage than suggested said to replace the .rel through the link provided, which i did, and that goes in the module folder. I then changed the .pac file name to match the stage i chose for it to go over, and put that in stage->melee folder. Whenever i load a stage in game that i replaced this way, the game freezes. Any idea where i went wrong?

EDIT - FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM MYSELF

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
yo you should really try to give earth destination a animated backround bc damn its ugly, although the stage itself is amazing, you really dig deep with the stages don't you? the rest is awesome, just ED is so meh without an animated BG
I might get into that eventually.
The ledges for the stages are that from the original Final Destination in Brawl, and it has that lip where you can get trapped and die instead of sliding up directly as in the Melee Final Destination.
This has been fixed in this version.
Can't say I have any complaints, though I did notice that some of the music in the Clocktower songs folder is full of static.
What do you mean by "full of static" ?
Having some trouble with this one. Any stage that i wanted to put over a different stage than suggested said to replace the .rel through the link provided, which i did, and that goes in the module folder. I then changed the .pac file name to match the stage i chose for it to go over, and put that in stage->melee folder. Whenever i load a stage in game that i replaced this way, the game freezes. Any idea where i went wrong?

EDIT - FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM MYSELF
Glad it works for you now, if you have any other problem let me know :).

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What do you mean by "full of static" ?
There's a quite noticeable burst of static-like sounds when I try to listen to either the Byrne battle -Spirt Tracks or the Remix - Zelda Wind Waker -Molgera- 2010 Edition brstm. It sounds like static/like someone is breathing into a microphone through the entirety of the song.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Have you tried listening to them in brawlbox to see if the same thing occur ? I haven't noticed any problem but sometimes the songs don't sound well in game, deleting them and putting them back in usually solves the problem.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Have you tried listening to them in brawlbox to see if the same thing occur ? I haven't noticed any problem but sometimes the songs don't sound well in game, deleting them and putting them back in usually solves the problem.
That's the thing, I wasn't listening to them in game. It was on my PC in advance straight from the .zip. I'll look into a re-download through and see if that works for me.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the problem was the .rel files, i was using whatever rel type provided as the base to convert, rather than what the instructions said. My fault.
Heart Gold / Soul Silver doesn't provide any Switch image btw

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to replace Castle Siege with Castle Sky (Castle Siege background)? For some reason I am having a tough time getting it in. It freezes whenever I click on it. Does it have something to do with Castle Siege transforming? ... And yes I have followed the instructions in the "READ ME !"

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Would it be possible to edit out the amaterasu model on sei-an? I think it looks kinda tacky/lazy to use the twilight princess wolf on an otherwise brilliant stage. I tried getting rid of it, but the stage freezes when I test it. I've also tried deleting its textures, but it still appears, just as a black silhouette.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Is it possible to replace Castle Siege with Castle Sky (Castle Siege background)? For some reason I am having a tough time getting it in. It freezes whenever I click on it. Does it have something to do with Castle Siege transforming? ... And yes I have followed the instructions in the "READ ME !"
Castle Siege is obnoxious to replace, you're better off putting Castlesky someplace else.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to edit out the amaterasu model on sei-an? I think it looks kinda tacky/lazy to use the twilight princess wolf on an otherwise brilliant stage. I tried getting rid of it, but the stage freezes when I test it. I've also tried deleting its textures, but it still appears, just as a black silhouette.
Castle Siege is obnoxious to replace, you're better off putting Castlesky someplace else.
So is Lylat Cruise.

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
I don't really understand why I was quoted if the reply had nothing to do with my question, but okay. Still looking to delete the okami wolf though.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So there is a way to replace Castle Siege with Castlesky? If there is absolutly no way, is there at least a tournament legal version of Castle Siege? I am trying to build my own stage roster.
When I tried to replace Castle Siege with an alternate version of anything, the stage still went through transformations and ended up with awkward glitches. For instance, before they released the version without the stage two transformation, I had tried replacing it with an alternate trio of Final Destinations. While it did in fact alter the stage to be final destination, it still transformed, and when it got around to stage two, there were invisible statues that blocked projectiles.

The version we have from Project M is probably the best version of Castle Siege we're going to get any time soon.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
When I tried to replace Castle Siege with an alternate version of anything, the stage still went through transformations and ended up with awkward glitches. For instance, before they released the version without the stage two transformation, I had tried replacing it with an alternate trio of Final Destinations. While it did in fact alter the stage to be final destination, it still transformed, and when it got around to stage two, there were invisible statues that blocked projectiles.

The version we have from Project M is probably the best version of Castle Siege we're going to get any time soon.
Oh..... Its best if I leave it alone then. I'll try it over a custom stage instead.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Oh..... Its best if I leave it alone then. I'll try it over a custom stage instead.
For my build, I've swapped out stages that don't have a lot of competitive value to them.
Mario Circuit -> Castlesky
Pirate Ship -> Clock Tower
Shadow Moses Island -> Mushroom Kingdom PM/Bowsers Castle/Lineland Road
Frigate Orpheon - > Stage 2 Frigate Orpheon frozen in place
Pictochat -> Yoshi's Island from this very thread
Kongo Jungle 64 -> Same stage with shorter side platforms
Summit -> Summit PM

I still want to replace some of the other less competitive stages like Rainbow Cruise, Temple, Big Blue and Onett, but I don't know what to swap them with yet. Onett is especially hard because if I remove that stage, then there's even less Mother representation than there already was.

Top Bottom