• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adapting stages to P:M.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I can give you the texture of the green platform later, cause that's the original.

EDIT: Thank you very much I'll credit you on the textures. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed that Wingedkoopa67 actually didn't make a response since November.:eek: I'll be crediting you Wing, but I'm bringing out the download. If you want me to remove it, just PM me.

Yoshi's Island (Modified)

Enjoy, everyone! :colorful:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Like I said in the earlier posts, this stage will be big that is going to used for 2v2 battles in tourneys. Sorry, but what do you mean john?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to make Castle Siege so that it's only the first part of the stage and not have that grey transformation bit? (The castle part)

Taiko

Smash Ace
That download might be an older version, it's still got the old textures. Nice job, though it might be worth it to make an alternate, smaller version?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I could make an alternate so that would work for 1v1 matches. I'm guessing about 75% its original width of the stage, and on top of that, will move the platforms slightly higher. This is just my suggestion.

EDIT: Let me look at the download again.:confused:

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
I can give you the texture of the green platform later, cause that's the original.

EDIT: Thank you very much I'll credit you on the textures. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed that Wingedkoopa67 actually didn't make a response since November.:eek: I'll be crediting you Wing, but I'm bringing out the download. If you want me to remove it, just PM me.

Yoshi's Island (Modified)

Enjoy, everyone! :colorful:

This keeps freezing when I try to load it. I've tried over Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and Corneria with a .rel file with battlefield's base, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

210stuna

Smash Lord
I could make an alternate so that would work for 1v1 matches. I'm guessing about 75% its original width of the stage, and on top of that, will move the platforms slightly higher. This is just my suggestion.
I haven't tried it out yet (still) so I can't really say anything. When you say "move the platforms slightly higher" do you mean raise the middle one a tad bit, and make the difference between the 3 slightly greater?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
@210stuna: Between the 3. Probably Battlefield's range.

(Looking at download...)

I'ma derping! :facepalm: I have the real file on my SD card. I'll fix the download and add a smaller version with it later, most likely not being today.

Reasons:
1. E3 at 11:00am (My Time) :crazy:
2. Put in math classes at Owens Community College. :glare:
3. One of my relatives is going to try and annoy me all day. :urg:

@Mordo: Goto Brawl Vault; Search author/creator "Wingedkoopa67" (Caps included); Find Yoshi's island; Download it, and in the zip/rar/7z file there's a rel file for it, us that instead. I'll put up the download of Wingedkoopa's version in here also.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Not another BF layout!

I understand the layout isn't exactly the same, but what I don't understand is how I feel about relating it to BF right now.

Let me ponder upon this for a bit.

Hmm....Okay sounds good! :)

Taiko

Smash Ace
I could make an alternate so that would work for 1v1 matches. I'm guessing about 75% its original width of the stage, and on top of that, will move the platforms slightly higher.
This reminds me, on the current version of the stage, when Ganondorf does a standing flame choke, the character being choked lands on the above platform. Moving the platforms higher is definitely a good idea haha.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I didn't test Ganon's choke on the stage yet, but thanks for letting me know! Also, both versions will be updated sometime tomorrow, but not sure when. :glare:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Good news everyone!

I just got finished of Yoshi's Island's 2nd modification, with a smaller version as well!

[COLLAPSE="Preview"]

[/COLLAPSE]

The download has just been updated! So downlaod it and enjoy!

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
You know what would be great? If someone could take the original Shadow Moses Island Brawl stage, keep all the snow and background animations, but have the players fight on a metal FD-esque platform that sits just in front of the stage

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
I will update the link to your version of castlesky as soon as I manage to fix that texture problem. Gotta add the shadows on the main platform too.

What color should I give to the platforms ? They're blue originally but I wanted to try something else. Any ideas ? :/

210stuna

Smash Lord
I will update the link to your version of castlesky as soon as I manage to fix that texture problem. Gotta add the shadows on the main platform too.

What color should I give to the platforms ? They're blue originally but I wanted to try something else. Any ideas ? :/
You merged the original's stages (Earth version and Regular version) together?

I feel like the original Earth version's background goes better than that blue backdrop.

The only problem with the original stage is that the creator made the base off of Brawl's Final Destination and forgot to fix "The Lip"

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
You merged the original's stages (Earth version and Regular version) together?

I feel like the original Earth version's background goes better than that blue backdrop.

The only problem with the original stage is that the creator made the base off of Brawl's Final Destination and forgot to fix "The Lip"
Yup I merged them because the other background is just way too dark, and I suck at editing lightings. I'll be able to do multiple versions though.
What did you mean with the last sentence ?

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
If it's not too much trouble, I was wondering if anyone could make a version of pkmn stadium 1 without the terrain changes. I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but if anyone decides to try it, that would be awesome.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Yup I merged them because the other background is just way too dark, and I suck at editing lightings. I'll be able to do multiple versions though.
What did you mean with the last sentence ?
The original Final Destination in Brawl has a "lip" on the edges where if you try to recover from below, or at a certain angle, you will get caught and won't recover properly (and die).

That guy who made that stage based it off of Brawl's FD, so it's still there.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Well don't worry then, it's not there anymore. The collisions were changed so it doesn't happen, it'll send you upwards instead. But I don't know what color i should try out., I might just stick with original color.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Well don't worry then, it's not there anymore. The collisions were changed so it doesn't happen, it'll send you upwards instead. But I don't know what color i should try out., I might just stick with original color.
Could you upload it or PM it to me?
The original Earth version with the fixed edges.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Good news everyone!

I just got finished of Yoshi's Island's 2nd modification, with a smaller version as well!

[COLLAPSE="Preview"]

[/COLLAPSE]

The download has just been updated! So downlaod it and enjoy!
Yo, what stage is this over originally? I'd like to port it to Mushroomy Kingdom.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
That is a good question, Shun. This is a 50-50 answer between FD and Battlefield, but most likely FD. You could try to see if it works on Battlefield w/out rels.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Sluigi could you include SSS images and such for your Yoshi stage?

I finally tried it out and simply adore it, you did a very great job.

bbQ~

Smash Cadet
Updated the OP.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, I should probably add sluigi's Yoshi's Island too. Will do soon.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I like what this thread is becoming.

In your updated OP you said there would be custom BRSTMs, but I don't see any.

EDIT: They're inside the downloads aren't they? I knew it. :shades:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Inside Halberd looks interesting.
The 1337 stage looks not so interesting...
I'll contribute some stuff to this that won't be going in the 'Complete Stage List' thread.

Top Bottom