• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adapter for Smash Ultimate

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Ive been wanting to buy an adapter for Ultimate. Do the third party adapters work well? 40$ for the official one is rather expensive

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We really need a single thread for hardware questions...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I hear mayflash is pretty good. They're about $23 on Amazon and you can also use this on PC if you like.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Some people say the Mayflash 4-port is laggy because apparently the polling rate is lower than the official adapter, but the values they give are less than a frame, so even if they're correct on the numbers, it shouldn't make a difference anyway. From personal experience I've had 0 input lag issues with the Mayflash set to Wii U mode.

Unfortunately though, I can see TOs not allowing the Mayflash for setups because players might buy into the rumors and complain.

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
Some people say the Mayflash 4-port is laggy because apparently the polling rate is lower than the official adapter, but the values they give are less than a frame, so even if they're correct on the numbers, it shouldn't make a difference anyway. From personal experience I've had 0 input lag issues with the Mayflash set to Wii U mode.

Unfortunately though, I can see TOs not allowing the Mayflash for setups because players might buy into the rumors and complain.
The only thing I've noticed with my mayflash is that it can sometimes get stick lock when I first turn the console on. It immediately corrects after pulling and plugging it back in but I often do a button check just to make sure. I've also had it not accept certain button inputs but that was a one time deal. My mayflash has been traveled alot in a back pack so there is no guarantee that it isn't beat to **** as well. 9/10 recommendation for ultimate/

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
The only thing I've noticed with my mayflash is that it can sometimes get stick lock when I first turn the console on. It immediately corrects after pulling and plugging it back in but I often do a button check just to make sure. I've also had it not accept certain button inputs but that was a one time deal. My mayflash has been traveled alot in a back pack so there is no guarantee that it isn't beat to **** as well. 9/10 recommendation for ultimate/
Oh yeah, mine used to do that awhile ago, but it hasn't had that problem in months. Weird.

Top Bottom