• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACMM4 -- Marth! (March 28, 2009) MELEE in Phoenix, AZ (BRING SETUPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ACMM 4: Marth!

So, here's the deal.

Monthly tourneys will yield more turnout, and out-of-towners will come in for monthlies. PLEASE come for these tournaments. I made a new thread because I'm more active, and I'd put forth more effort to changing up the thread to make it more noticeable and appealing. Don't lock it.

NEXT TOURNAMENT...... March 28, 2009 AKA Marth 28, 2009!

HOUSING
I will be housing people. Please bring sleeping bags or pillows/blankets. I have some, but I don't have enough for everyone, and my floor is hard.

Melee: Atomic Comics Series
4537 East Cactus Road
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Click for location!

Information
My Cell #: 504 388 3204

Sign-ups and warm-ups start at 12:30, along with setup.
Brackets will run ASAP
Seeding will be done by skill first, then who you know
Singles AND Doubles.

Entry Fee
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10
Pot split will most likely be 50/30/20 for doubles and 60/30/10 for singles.

General Rules:

* Double Elimination
* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute Time Limit (Ties broken by lives/percentage)
* Items Off
* B.Y.O.C.
* Wobbling is BANNED
* Advanced slob picks is in effect
* As is DSR (Dave's Stupid Rule)

No controller mods that aren't purely cosmetic
No stalling
No crazy glitches (IC's Freeze)
Mewtwo's Soul Stunner glitch if you are given the circumstances (i.e. It won't happen)

Stages: (Random Select in Singles)

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Stages: (Counterpicks in Singles)

* Dream Land: Green Greens
* DK Island: Jungle Japes
* Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
* Lylat System: Corneria
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mute City
* Rainbow Cruise

Stages: (Random Select in Doubles)

* Kongo Jungle 64
* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Stages: (Counterpicks in Doubles)

* Dream Land: Green Greens
* DK Island: Jungle Japes
* Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
* Lylat System: Corneria
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

I would like to stress that this is an attempt to get new people into our community. So it is of the utmost importance that good sportsmanship is used. I'm not going to ask you to sandbag or not try, but when you win, be a good sport about it.

Also, setups would be madly appreciated. We want to do doubles, singles, and crews in our eight-hour timeframe, so we shouldn't **** around like last time where we didn't have a great turnout. This has people coming to it, so we need to pull together and not **** it up.

Here's what the schedule will look like

12:30ish: Setup, signup
1:15-1:30: Start doubles
3:30: End doubles, start lunch break, start singles sign up
4:30 Start singles
7:30 End singles, start crews
8:45 Clean-up. Once we leave, it would be MAD cool if we could go to IHOP (or somewhere else, but IHOP is in the same parking lot)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make it to this one, there is another Smash tourney that isn't Melee or that 64 smash game in Tucson the same day, one that I already signed up for.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
There's a chance this one might be cancelled because too many people have other things to do.

Forward said he might not go, it's Taj's birthday that weekend, SV might not go because of M2's Revenge being the weekend before.

I might just cede this month's tournament position to Tucson.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I NEED A MONSTER TA CLOBBER THAT DER KlRBY

THAT'S WHAT WE DO BEST AT NME

WE BETTER GET A MONEY BACK GUARANTEED

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Okay, guys, this is still happening.

ALSO...

Does anyone want to help me run this tournament? I'm not always available to run the bracket, and I need someone with a louder, more aggressive voice to call matches and ask for money,

MeleeASTER

Smash Rookie
hi, im meleeaster. my name is a combinatian of the words melee and master, because im really good at melee.

im coming to this tournament, and i think im going to get top 10. ive never been to a tornament before, but i used to destroy my cousins and my big brother when we played.

im also bringing some money, so ill match some people for cash. ill gladly take ur money

in case you wanna kno, i use..

shiek (cuz he's a ninja)
captain falcon (because he's kool)
and... whatever his name was. I kno im good with him though. the one that was a fast version of Roy and had blue hair.

i also use fox and falco sometimes... but there bad characters...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
hi, im meleeaster. my name is a combinatian of the words melee and master, because im really good at melee.

im coming to this tournament, and i think im going to get top 10. ive never been to a tornament before, but i used to destroy my cousins and my big brother when we played.

im also bringing some money, so ill match some people for cash. ill gladly take ur money

shiek (cuz he's a ninja)
and... whatever his name was. I kno im good with him though. the one that was a fast version of Roy and had blue hair.

I laughed pretty hard at this post.

I still plan on coming to this. There is a good chance I will be coming up in a separate car, meaning I can take a total of three other Tucson smashers. I will know 100% by tonight.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Ok, so who's alt is MeleeASTER? Whoevers it is needs to work on their trolling.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Because Rob is going.

But seriously...

You realize how much more Rob can **** with that on, right?

CHUK

Smash Ace

shiek (cuz he's a ninja)

oooo, what a smooth trickster

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Rob may **** some more then. It's part of the game. By now, since the game is more than 7 years old, everyone should know the IC's matchup.

I really don't see anything wrong with Wobbling.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Rob may **** some more then. It's part of the game. By now, since the game is more than 7 years old, everyone should know the IC's matchup.

I really don't see anything wrong with Wobbling.
By now, since the game is more than 7 years old, everyone should know the Sheik matchup, right?

You don't see anything wrong at all with one grab equaling a 99% guaranteed death? At least with most players, you can mash out of it before the infinite starts, but Rob can pretty much guarantee it by doing LCG into Wobble. I'd probably be more likely to allow it if the LCG didn't exist.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
...Yes, they should know the Sheik match-up.

No, there's nothing wrong with it, Tai. Don't get grabbed if you don't want to get Wobbled.

How is there anything wrong with that? In this game, since movement is so free, it is possible to not get grabbed at all throughout any matches.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
So this is still on then? If so I'd liek to go. And Tommy I might be able to give you a ride to it too i'll let you know. also Tai, the link for the map to the AC location isn't working for me and I'm lazy to look it up...

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
I'd like to express an interest in coming to this. I believe it's not too far off from where I live either...if 90 blocks is close anyway. I want to play melee again BADLY!. That and I miss everyone.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
OMFG Bryan!! <3333

Bry-Bry, you should drop by my house next week.

You're on Spring Break, right?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Tai, would you be willing to compose a list of who is currently coming to this? A few of the guys in Tucson are only going to come down if there's a respectable turnout. It makes a pretty big difference on who I'm taking, since I still plan on coming up.

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
Yes, I'm still alive and I will be on spring break next week. I don't know if it will be possible since my Dad wants us to till the backyard and such. But I'll see what I can do. I think it's possible to bike ride there. Shouldn't take too long...I think.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i would like to come to acmm4 but right now things aren't looking so hot. we'll see how things are in a couple weeks though.

Svoge

Smash Rookie
yo i'm new to tournaments and will be going for sure. i've been waiting a long time to hear about a tournament in phx and hope to learn a lot. i play as samus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom