• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACM bawl tourney, Nov. 15th. Greensboro, NC

gameboii

Smash Cadet
*SBR Certified*

ACM (Association of Computing Machinery) is hosting a brawl tourney this saturday at North Carolina A&T State University. yea, it kinda short notice, lol, but i wasnt given the responsibility of running the tournament until today so...yea. Anyway, if you've got nothing better to do and live nearby, come out and support ACM.

schedule:
10 - 11 AM - registration/warm up
11 - 4 PM - brawl tournament

1601 E Market St
Greensboro, NC 27401

the tourney will be held in McNair hall
lecture room 2

rules:
3 stock

8 minutes

no items

double elimination

all sets will be best of 3, with the exception of winners and losers finals

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Stalling is banned.

^^this is all singles, doubles will be played if there is enough interest at the tourney

STAGE LIST:

-Neutral-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

-Counter-
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

MATCH FORMAT:
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents agree on first stage from the ‘neutral’ list**
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**if a stage cannot be agreed upon in step one, then players will use the stage striking process
Stage striking: each player crosses a stage from the starter list until only one is available to play.

The entrance fee for the tourny will be 5$ winner takes half the pot.
for any questions feel free to text or call me at 404-729-3268.
(if theres anything i forgot to cover let me know so i can address it with the ACM directors before the tourny, thanx).

Any T.V's or wiis you want too bring would be much appreciated, we may or may not need them.

Players attending so far
gameboii
DarK
purple mantis/ 313
BLADE

Malk

Smash Champion
.... what?
there has been a tournament scheduled for this saturday for about a month now, "Bill Bill Bill"

Why would you choose this one?

gameboii

Smash Cadet
^^I know, I know >.<

i didn't choose the date, i'm just saving this thing from being a complete failure. the ACM's had this scheduled for awhile, but until now they've had someone completely clueless about smash trying to run it.

If you're already planning on attending karn and echo's bi-weekly dont worry about missing this.

Top Bottom