• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACL Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
james is a lazy **** and i don't even know if they were recorded properly

they haven't yet been uploaded even if they were recorded somehow

so people know **** is a legitimate insult in aussiespeak and not my attempt to bypass the censor

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yes. Origins: Having an intellectual discussion with James and Dean, about how if c*** is spelled with a k it's a positive name (what a sik****!). With a c, it is bad. Then I asked what if it was spelled with a q? We agreed it was only slightly derogatory.

That's nice, except that it's not you who gets to decide what's okay and what's not. Changing one letter of an insult is still an insult and is dodging the censor. Don't do it. ~Mic

And sorry Black, James hasn't uploaded them yet. FYI: We lost 3/4 of them thanks to me bumping the laptop =(. Those were all the good ones too as the rest were of us mucking around.

DMoogle

A$
I'll take your word for guys' word for it, but I would prefer it if you didn't use the term on these forums, given it seems to be derived from and have a close connection with that other word. Or, if you would prefer, I can bring it up in the Staff forum. Either way, this is Social thread discussion.

On topic: What exactly is ACL?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Australian Cyber League, the first Aus major where 64 was successfully run and showcased. We had like 30 entrants but it died down and we ended up holding a smaller interest-only tourney, since we couldn't compete with melee, brawl and every other game that was there (ssf4, mvc3, halo, cod, friggin fifa >_>)

I left early hur hur.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Damn, now I can't say words that dodge the censor
Most importantly ACL was where 90% of Desiree's server denizens met each other in real life. (lolol aa has glasses). It was really cool since everyone is so friendly.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
No, I think we got the tournament matches but lost the ones earlier in the night. If I see James I'll ask him to upload yours.

Everyone is a jerk but me, ciaza (kih-zah).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Why is there a silent "a" after the i? Why is it a "c" instead of a "k" (since c-vowel usually indicates soft c)? MADNESS I TELL YOU! But not as bad as "chee ah zah" ... he's australian not italian haha

Anyway, what nationality/language is the origin of your name? Just curious.

And is it time to debate the pronunciation of "Alancitu"?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's Irish, and the Gaelic alphabet doesn't have a K so you have to use a hard c. Dunno about the silent a :3.

I've always said Alan-see-2. Then again I've also always said Isai (is-eye).

Battlecow

Play to Win
I said Iss-eye for like a year until I watched melee vids with commentary and they kept saying "Eye-zay-uh" which I am now all glommed on to. Alan-see-too ftw.

Robsta

Smash Ace
@ ciaza:

Your name is dumb.
Your alias is dumb.
Your face is dumb.
And your brain is dumb.

But I still love you...

Also did we record the games of me facerolling that scrub asianaussie?

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah. Everyone knows that the "c" is soft when it's followed by an "i"

Am I the only one who says "bat-lee-co-wuh"?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol @ DSC's horribad pronunciations.

My new list:

Core-oh-ben-ick-ee
Kizzuh
Eyes-ay-uh
oh-lick-us (lolz)
Nix-un
dee ess cee
Thee Stair kin guh

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Who the hell call Dsc dee-ess-see? Clearly it's meant to be pronounced: 'disc', as in "that floppy disc".

I pronounce how Battlecow pronounces.

I like off-topic discussions

Robsta

Smash Ace
Everytime I talk to Americans on a VoIP client (ventrilo, etc.) they pronnoice my alias as Ro-busta
I see you Americans realize how robust I am 8)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Unless videos are uploaded in the next day or so I'll close this and you can make a thread when/if you get the videos uploaded.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
2 infractions from Mic =D. Clearly our traditional aussie speak did not impress. I wish my "puck you" got edited though, it would of been a great opportunity to link to the appropriate Summer Heights High clip.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
its alright

videos for this won't happen, except for that awful video which doesn't even qualify as bloopers (thanks anyway james)

wait till the next sydney major or something

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I still say we should be going to that Adelaide major, despite the unnatural number of ugly girls there. Seriously no offense to them but by God.

posting in a closed thread.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Not going. Dumb time placement, too much brawl (and not even good brawl from what I hear) and zero 64 presence, except for sorta blackshadow and maybe maybe grim tuesday

toasting some burnt bread

DMoogle

A$
Unless videos are uploaded in the next day or so I'll close this and you can make a thread when/if you get the videos uploaded.
I'm going to just jump the gun and close this now, this thread obviously doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

If someone wants to post the ACL videos, PM me and I'll re-open it. Although it might just be a better idea to start a new thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom