• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

According to the rumors: Both Marth and Roy are endangered

Rakath

Smash Ace
Well, the point you were trying for is 'popularity trumps all' which only applies if they are already in.

Geno is popular, but he's not all that important. He could be unique.

Megaman is all three, but he might not get in anyway as he's third party.

However, Geno is more popular and unique than Mallow, and in a choice between them would win. Rock Man is in turn more popular and important than Viewtiful Joe (another Capcom character), and in turn would be more likely than that guy. However are they popular enough to get into Brawl is still at question, and will remain at question until the release.

P.S.: I'm a Rock Man fanboy, so I'd love for him to make it in.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Marth is too popular. Marth is the very first important FE character. Marth's game will have been remade twice after FE11. After FE11 Marth will have been in the most recent FE to be released. Chances are, Marth isn't being cut.

Roy...is kinda popular to Smash players. Roy brought the series to the handheld era. Roy...is one of the few Lords who doesn't have blue-hair...Chances are, Roy may be cut.

Out of the side characters...I still think the older ones may be a little more likely. But the newer ones still stand a chance.

Oguma has a possibility, first great unit of FE, popular among fans.

Nabarl also has a chance, popular character, I believe he was mentioned to be Sakurai's favorite FE character.

Ayra, one of my personal favorites. Popular, a great unit, and FE4 being the most popular of the series helps her as well.

Galzus/Shiva have small chances based soley on popularity.

Dieck/Rutger/Fir have the same situation as the two above.

Hector is technically not the main character, so I'm counting him. I personally think he could make it, but he may get the same treatment as Lyn :(

Nino is surprisingly one of the most popular FE characters in Japan, but again, it's popularity alone.

Out of FE9-10 non-main characters, I think Soren's chances are easily the highest, and his chances are at least as high as Ayra's, possibly up there with Oguma as well in popularity. He's the most important side-character, he's a great character to use in the game being the primary mage, and his story is one of the biggest plot twists in FE9-10(
It turns out that Soren was Ashnard's and Almheda's(sp) son, and that Pelleas was simply a random orphan that Izuka wanted to use for his own gain. I think you can find the method to get this ending on Serenes Forrest.
)

Mia, if you ask me, has popularity behind her, and a great potential moveset. First myrmidon in FE9 is a plus as well, though I don't know how her popularity stands up to other side-characters to Japanese fans.

Mostly opinions and speculations. I'm enjoying this conversation, so please keep this going.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The simple answer to Ayra vs. Fir vs. Mia is for one of them to get in (MIA) and have the other two be color changes (not a full-on Warioing, but using the other character's color scheme to the detail). Mia = Red, Ayra = Blue, Fir = a fourth color set is always needed, since we're going for six colors a character now. Kinda like Daisy.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The simple answer to Ayra vs. Fir vs. Mia is for one of them to get in (MIA) and have the other two be color changes (not a full-on Warioing, but using the other character's color scheme to the detail). Mia = Red, Ayra = Blue, Fir = a fourth color set is always needed, since we're going for six colors a character now. Kinda like Daisy.
Wouldn't Fir be considered green?

But besides that, I like that idea very much. Not full costumes, but pallete changes to represent other characters, like the Marth-Leaf one(though I would have appreciated a hair-color change in that one:ohwell:).

But I do think that if Mia was in, I would hope that those special color changes change the color and length of her hair to match the character she's imitating. Only the hair though, as that's an easy change like Pika's hats. The clothes would be too complicated, as well as standing out too much as a color change.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Pika's hats have no moving parts, like hair does, so a length change is less than likely. It can be done, I just don't think they'd take the time to do it without doing full costume changes on a standardized skeletal structure for the character. Color change can be done however, quite easily, and as anime characters you should know that if they have a different hair color they are a different person. ^_^

Fir's outfit wasn't green, it was white with a blue trim on it. But it could be tweaked green. I wouldn't mind at all if various FE characters costume changed to look like other FE characters from the same class (Soren to Erk, Micaiah to Lucius, Ike to Sigurd, Marth to Leaf and Roy) so long as we get a bit more variety in playstyles and movements.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Pika's hats have no moving parts, like hair does, so a length change is less than likely. It can be done, I just don't think they'd take the time to do it without doing full costume changes on a standardized skeletal structure for the character. Color change can be done however, quite easily, and as anime characters you should know that if they have a different hair color they are a different person. ^_^

Fir's outfit wasn't green, it was white with a blue trim on it. But it could be tweaked green. I wouldn't mind at all if various FE characters costume changed to look like other FE characters from the same class (Soren to Erk, Micaiah to Lucius, Ike to Sigurd, Marth to Leaf and Roy) so long as we get a bit more variety in playstyles and movements.
I thought she had a white coat-thing and a mint/sea-green shirt and skirt? I'm positive she doesn't show up white in her battle sprite though, it's either green, or if I'm mistaken on that color, blue.

If the hair style doesn't change, I think the head-band thing should be taken off for her special costumes. Perhaps even an attempt to make the sword for an Ayra costume look similar to something from FE4, not any longer or shorter, just the handle shape and color.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Ike is going to be a beast. He has a very impressive FS. And he's a starter too? Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
For Roy, it doesn't look so well.
However Marth is FE's MAIN icon!
They shouldn't scrap Marth.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
It really is to bad about Sothe - he would have been a fun speedy character to play with. I guess he was a little too much like Sheik.

TheHairyLee

Smash Cadet
I don't like the idea of Marth being kicked out of Brawl, but as much as i love Roy i would'nt mind as much if he was left out :/

Top Bottom