• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

According to Prima Guide...

Jun.

Smash Lord
prima always sucked at guides

i once had this Final Fantasy 8/9 guide that said "good luck" on the last boss. I swear, that's all it said for the FINAL BOSS of the game....

silly prima. trying to make money off the casual gamer market. for the competetive smasher, all the gameplay tips are mostly common sense or somewhat useless. Maybe the emissary walkthrough was more useful since it has pictures unlike gamefaqs guides.

Repryx

Smash Champion
"HAHAH This boss has 500000000 Million HP and 9 one hit K.Os but if you dodge them and counter....You shoud be able to pull of a Victory...we think.....ah well Good Luck!"-Prima

They Really dont tell you anything in the guide...the Taboo part is like yeah he can do these attacks....they can kill you

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Wasn't Fox given a rating of 2/5 in Nintendo Power Melee's guide?

could Prima be any better? >_>

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Guides are mass produced the writers don't have time to really PLAY the game before they release the guide.

And... a GUIDE for Brawl ALREADY? I can tell you right now: not complete. Not anywhere near complete.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Guides are mass produced the writers don't have time to really PLAY the game before they release the guide.

And... a GUIDE for Brawl ALREADY? I can tell you right now: not complete. Not anywhere near complete.
O RLY?

YA RLY...

Seriously. The most advanced thing they mentioned was DI.

D-muthaf*cking I.

No meteor smashes, no combos, nothing.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I think Falco might be the best in the game, but I main him, so accourse if feels like he's the best because I always win.

Dacman

Smash Rookie
I hav the Prima guide, and I thought it was great for subspace, although I got better character guides from the Brawl instruction manual. the instructions on how to unlock characters were incomplete, as was the character rating system, which was based on the number of offensive/defensive "tools" a charater had. What was that supposed to mean? nyway- Prima guides suxors, but they did mention meteor smash oppurtunities w/ different characters and they introduced the "dash throw" concept. watever, im not buying ny more

B1ah

Smash Rookie
Man the best guides I ever bought where these "Perfect Guide". Kickass and only 13 bucks.

And I didn't know they started ranking them now, my last prima was for SSB on the 64 and it had no ranking system, I wonder what they gave snake without even knowing about mortal roll or power block C4.. my point is if it would be unreliable.

Top Bottom