• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Soccer Ball...

Zsy

Smash Rookie
You guys do realize it's from Warioware: Touched right?
Mona uses them as projectiles in her stage.
They light on fire when launched in the game...
Just like in Brawl...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or they could be from Mario Strikes Charged, devoted from Mario's super-kick thing XD

Percon

Smash Lord
OMG, it's Zsy.

Anyway... uh, I think you're right. The Animal crossing soccer balls don't catch fire and if it were from strikers it would reflect the MSC ball look.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lol it's from Strikers, not WarioWare.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I'm figuring it may or may not be inspired by Strikers or Mona's fire soccerballs, but will be listed as a Smash Bros item. I believe it's from the game Soccer/Football, which came out for the "Real Life" a long time ago. The Home Run Bat, while possibly being inspired by the MOTHER/Earthbound series or other Nintendo Baseball games, is treated like a generic bat with magical Smash Bros powers, too. Same with the fan, I believe. So, I'm pretty sure the Soccer Ball/Football, depending on where you live, will be considered a Smash Bros item.

Nice note about Mona's flaming ones, though, as well as the non-futuristic ones from the first Strikers.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
LEGO SOCCER CONFIRMED!!

But in seriousness, I think it's in so many games, they're just gonna put it's first appearance to "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" Like they did with various items in Melee.

Top Bottom