• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About his Up + B

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
We have all seen this picture of his Up + B:

But what does he do AFTER the pimin have grabbed the ledge? Does he crawl up on them like a ladder? Does the uppermost pikmin crawl on the platform and pull the others with him?

OhCripe119

Smash Apprentice
He may just swing himself up to the platform. Not really sure. My question is, does it do any damage, because if not, that leaves only his B> as his only special move that causes the other players pain.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
What if he can grab other players with it and drag them to there doom XD
That would be hi-la-ri-ous :laugh:

Imagine Olimar swings his pikmin-whip at Bowser, the Pikmin grabs him, Olimar swings the hole row over his head and the last Pimin lets go, flying off with Bowser :laugh:

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
I think he will just pull the pikmin down for a quick boost. The other options mentioned would be too slow, and I highly doubt they will grab the other players.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
hopefully the Pikmin get invincibility frames like when players grab on to the edge...otherwise Olimar's recovery is officially crap...

TheMirrorTwin

Smash Cadet
I would guess that he throws the pikman very quickly to the nearest ledge/platform. Then climbs them quickly like a latter. Then, each pikman climbs after him.

Imagine it, he climbs two pikman, then the last pikman starts climbing, ect.

Although, this means he can only grab ledges/platforms (Pikman can't grab air). As for enemy's, he throws the pikman quickly at them, they form a chain, and he pulls the enemy to the ground. I just don't see how this could be used without a ledge. I mean, you can't climb a falling enemy...

can you?

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
He may just swing himself up to the platform. Not really sure. My question is, does it do any damage, because if not, that leaves only his B> as his only special move that causes the other players pain.
Well, in his FS update, he's definitely breaking the ball with the upB, so I'd say that means it does damage.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman

I'm pretty sure someone already said this, but I'm thinking that each of them will climb up one by one. If we go by the picture, Olimar would start climbing up first, then once he passed the white one (farthest from the stage's ledge), it too would start climbing, then the red, white, blue, red, and finally, the blue one that is actually supporting all their weight. That way, Olimar, the main character (the one whose life really matters) would get back onto the stage the quickest, while the secondary Pikmin characters would take just a tad longer.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I doubt they would make it really slow, that would just be stupid. Maybe he just flings himself up and lands on the platform. This is such an awkward up-B because it doesn't propel the character upward. It seems like it has to latch to something which I don't understand how that could work. I guess we'll know in 2 weeks.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2-JLTET88

That shows his up B in action :)

I guess it will be similar to link's grapple, and if you press a button, you'll pop up. He also seems to use up B to get the smash ball in today's update so this move is fast and does damage!

The only problem I see with it as a recovery is ledge hogging... but that's something we'll have to find out about when the game is released.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Also, if you look at this picture you can see that they do damage depending on the pikmin, you can see the white one hurting dedede with poison.

I also think that the yellow effect near mario was from the yellow pikmin.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Ya in the final smash update today we saw the first (closest to Olimar) White Pikim did poison damage to Dedede

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
the yellow effect near mario is the smash ball breaking, however the dark matter around dedede is probably the white pikmin's poison. good find.

this also shows that pikmin chain does damage with his up-b. in fact, it might even be similar to what they said about ZSS's up-b, that pulls people down, except Olimar's up-b is on a diagonal, where ZSS's whip goes straight up.

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Maybe his UpB is aimable? Lik Fox/Pikachu/etc, you press UpB then hit a seperate angle fast enough, it goes at a different angle?

Although it's VERY quick, so it could STOP somone edgehogging if you have enough Pikmin since you could grab the ldge before they fall off. ;)

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
We have all seen this picture of his Up + B:

But what does he do AFTER the pimin have grabbed the ledge? Does he crawl up on them like a ladder? Does the uppermost pikmin crawl on the platform and pull the others with him?
I've been wondering that alot myself, I guess we'll have to wait and see:(

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
That would be hi-la-ri-ous :laugh:

Imagine Olimar swings his pikmin-whip at Bowser, the Pikmin grabs him, Olimar swings the hole row over his head and the last Pimin lets go, flying off with Bowser :laugh:
WOW LMFAO that is one of the funnniest thing's I've heard today :laugh:

I doubt they would make it really slow, that would just be stupid. Maybe he just flings himself up and lands on the platform. This is such an awkward up-B because it doesn't propel the character upward. It seems like it has to latch to something which I don't understand how that could work. I guess we'll know in 2 weeks.
well Zamus' up B does'nt propel her foward,and neither does ivysaurs,any who the move does do damage and I think it'll be really hard to edge guard it judging from how fast it comes out,AND it most likely has the BEST range in the game as a recovery,as for how he get's up I think the pikman starting from the top will climb up at really fast speed's until finaly olimar make's it back up

KingDaniel

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it has a lot of range on it. I don't think it can grab chars with it...but you can probably swing with it and pull yourself up, like the hookshot.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I posted an idea about Olimar possibly using Pikmin like a chain for recovery on the Nintendo forums, and lots of people said it would suck. And now it's in the game, and everyone's liking it. o.o

Top Bottom