• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ability to choose beam type before match starts?

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
I think giving Samus the ability to start the match with either the fire beam or the ice beam would be beneficial to her metagame. I wonder if it could be implemented as easily as holding A or R as the match starts. What do you guys think about this option?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
The PMBR has seen suggestions like this I believe, so I am pretty sure they will add it in the future (if possible). It is something that I myself would like, despite not really being a Samus player.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a good idea to me, but how would Samus enter the stage in a way to let the player know she's going to start out with the plasma/ice beam? Magically float down from the heavens in a plume of fire/ice performing her "I am the messiah" pose from the Smash 4 website? Truth be told that would be funny to see, lol. THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS HAS ARRIVED!!!

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
you can taunt cancel and switch beams, which is nice.
I'd like to be able to start with Ice beam, but either way I'm fine.
I don't see them ignoring that in the future.

Top Bottom