• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AAA button rapid combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that falco has a hard time landing his A button rapid combo on certain characters without being interrupted before landing the 3rd hit, some characters that immediately come to mind are yoshi, little mac, and greninja is there any particular reason for the move being interrupted other than di'ing away because to me it only seems that falco only has this problem.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
I know I find it annoying too but yea the delay between the first two hits is long enough to be interrupted smh. What I like to do though instead is practice jabbing twice then shield grab them the timing is different but damage and combo options are better. But requires practice

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Only attempt the third "hit" if the opponent was moving towards you, other wise, I like to do an uptilt or downsmash by pausing a half second after jab 2.

Skinutski

Smash Rookie
NNID
kinuski
3DS FC
0404-7270-8010
Tap the button for faster transition into jab 3, merely holding it gets you mashed out

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I haven't had these problems, but I'm a masher when it comes to jabs. It's not a true easily escapable jab unlike Samus's or Bowser Jr's

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
I honestly hate his new AAA combo, I can't intercept it with a downB midway anymore

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
It's not as bad as many here are making it out to be, you just have to space it properly and not continue to the full 3 hits if they have shielded.

Thor

Smash Champion
Regardless of what anyone says about never using Falco's jab, It's very good on Smashville's moving platform when you are being carried the direction Falco is facing. It's also very good on the edge, where they have to SDI offstage or through you to escape (and I don't think most humans could SDI through it fast enough to punish if you just mash A until the rapid jabs come out and do the minimum number of rapid jabs - then the finishing blow hits them offstage anyway if they didn't SDI offstage).

I don't usually have problems with people SDIing through it but we have different playgroups and such so the move might be bad elsewhere. I jab rather frequently, but if it actually can easily be SDI'd (like Pikachu dsmash in Melee and Brawl) then I'll see that in video proof down the line and stop using it so much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falco's rapid Jab is still great, you just need actual hit confirmation skills to make good use of it, which is the way you should be using Falco's Jab anyway in footsies. You can average about 10 damage normally when going for AAA combo, which is pretty good.

The only thing that annoys me about rapid Jab is that it's a bit more positioning dependent than I'd like, given you can be too close to your opponent and have the move whiff.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Falco's rapid Jab is still great, you just need actual hit confirmation skills to make good use of it, which is the way you should be using Falco's Jab anyway in footsies. You can average about 10 damage normally when going for AAA combo, which is pretty good.

The only thing that annoys me about rapid Jab is that it's a bit more positioning dependent than I'd like, given you can be too close to your opponent and have the move whiff.
I get plenty success jab jab down tilt. If they block the first down tilt throw out another it's pretty safe and good range

Zionaze

Smash Ace
i abuse jab to the point were my opponent SDs, thinking that im trolling or something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom