• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A2Z's ROB in BALANCED BRAWL

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Here's my scrubby ROB in some wifi friendlies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYSK4BSLx4

ROB is ****ing awesome in BBrawl. D-throw sets up better. U-throw KILLS. F-tilt's angle was lowered so has new useful setups. Strong laser does more damage. The first two buffs in particular are amazing.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This character board is for Brawl. You Workshop folks like to call it vBrawl? There's currently not a forum dedicated to BBrawl, but this character board is not the place for it. I support BBrawl entirely, but that doesn't mean it belongs here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just saying, other character boards have allowed BBrawl related topics and posts. =/

Sudai

Stuff here
This character board is for Brawl. You Workshop folks like to call it vBrawl? There's currently not a forum dedicated to BBrawl, but this character board is not the place for it. I support BBrawl entirely, but that doesn't mean it belongs here.
This is my stance as well, however I have asked my superiors about it and am awaiting their decision before I move/close this thread.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
inb4thisthreadis(possibly)closed.

Now, how does BBrawl ROB fare against MK?
Much better.

Tornado no longer traps. Up-B and D-smash no longer gimp at stupidly low percents. U-throw is now a very good KO move against him.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Didn't JCaesar (sp?) post Brawl+ vidz once?
give'em a break.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
He doesn't They didn't fix whats wrong with the matchup at all.
Which was?

Metaknight lost two of his best KO moves in this matchup, and one of his best control tools. ROB gained a few new combos on him, and can KO him earlier with U-throw. Tell me that this matchup is still horrible after all that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
They didn't remove the priority, the range, the speed, and the ability to **** that fattiness we all know. The only difference is MK gets to **** us for a longer amount of time before killing us.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
They didn't remove the priority, the range, the speed, and the ability to **** that fattiness we all know. The only difference is MK gets to **** us for a longer amount of time before killing us.
You trade with most of his other moves if you're playing poke wars, and on a number of attacks you actually outrange him, while tieing with him in speed. The only move you can't easily trade with is Tornado, which got nerfed quite a lot.

Why are you acting like ROB had no options against MK in the first place? MK's disjointedness isn't everything. If you outrange him with a fast attack, he'll still get hit.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ahahahahaha.
ROB's tilts come out on the same frames as MK's basically. D-tilt in specific is frame 3, and has more range than MK's D-tilt.

F-tilt is a little slower at like frame 6, but has even more range.

D-smash is frame 4.

F-air is frame 7.

Seriously though, ROB can poke MK just in terms of speed and hitbox size of various moves he has. Tornado was the move that gave problems because Tornado basically says "**** you" to most poke wars, not to mention it really put ROB in a bad position. In BBrawl, it no longer puts ROB in a bad position.

One of the best Metaknights in the world, teh_spammerer, says this matchup is NOT that bad for ROB.

Seriously.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
ROB CAN poke at MK, but MK doesn't poke AT ROB. A good MK won't be having poking games with ROB; he doesn't need to.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB CAN poke at MK, but MK doesn't poke AT ROB. A good MK won't be having poking games with ROB; he doesn't need to.
This statement makes no sense.

Metaknight can't just blindly rush down ROB with anything if you play defensively (ROB is very capable of punishing a lot of Metaknights stuff out of shield), and obviously camping against ROB is out of the question for MK. Obviously safe spacing is what MK is supposed to do, which he's good at, but this is something that ROB can punish better than most characters due to his range and speed.

If two of your most essential KO moves no longer kill easily (first hit of D-smash KOs at like 170% against ROB, Up-B no longer gimps at 60% like OS says), and your one tool that easily gets control no longer gets control, I fail to see how this matchup is bad for ROB when U-throw KOs him at 123% in training mode.

Oh and D-throw sets up into U-smash PERFECTLY against him in BBrawl.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Dthrow > Usmash works at percents low enough that it won't kill MK. And it doesn't matter if Dsmash kills at 170 now, they didn't change the speed, range, disjointedness, and priority of MKs moves.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dthrow > Usmash works at percents low enough that it won't kill MK. And it doesn't matter if Dsmash kills at 170 now, they didn't change the speed, range, disjointedness, and priority of MKs moves.
In theory, this would be a valid statement. However when human error is a factor, KO percents matter a lot when you have characters where it isn't very realistic to not get hit at all when played a certain way.

And no, D-throw U-smash IS able to kill him. I tested it at like 74%. Not only did it raise the combo counter, it KILLED him. Factor in stale moves, it gets even better for D-throw.

Top Bottom