• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A1 Ranch: The Not-exactly-official Future Steak thread

Life

Smash Hero
Winning Owning Steak: avoiding animal-rights controversies since March 2008

Welcome to the technically-unofficial Sonic Future Tournament Attendance thread!

This thread's function was originally supposed to be performed by the Tournament Results thread. However, that function was ignored in favor of the thread's primary purpose, which is of course tournament results. I think that a separate thread, without the clutter of past results to block it, would be much more successful.

Anyway, in case the title isn't self-explanatory, this thread is a place to talk about upcoming tournaments, find other Sonics to train with, strategize a little, or whatever other purpose you can come up with for the thread.

Kindly use the following format when expressing interest in future events. I've seen you adapt in the Results thread (after much prodding by Espy), you can surely handle it here.
[collapse=Format]
(player name)
(tournament name/series),(date/frequency),(location),(confirmed/interested)
etc.
(notes--secondaries, skill level, etc)

Example:

InferiorityComplex (aka. Incom)
/HOPE 3, Summer 2011, Pittsburgh, confirmed

Notes: Relatively inexperienced player, uses Marth as a secondary but goes Sonic as often as possible. Hopefully bringing a non-SWF friend or two along to /HOPE, we'll see.
Hyperlinks and other formatting as appropriate are appreciated, but not required.
[/collapse]

STEAKITY STEAK (space filler)

THE LIST:
Browny
Genesis 2, july 15-17, california, practically confirmed.
Biggest tourney of 2011 with a variety of international visitors from France, UK, Australia, Canada and more My first 'big' tournament, I'll be making a holiday out of this, visiting vegas as well.
-------------------------
Tails & Kinzer
SiN III. August 19th and 20th, 2011.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192738814091766#!/event.php?eid=185161158190791

Notes: The annual regional smashfest Las Vegas has. Usually Some of California and Utah (including __X__) comes to this.
InferiorityComplex (aka. Incom)
Smash Nation 2, May 28 2011, Pittsburgh, confirmed
/HOPE3, July 2 2011, Pittsburgh, confirmed

Notes: Relatively inexperienced player, uses Marth as a secondary but goes Sonic as often as possible. Hopefully bringing a non-SWF friend or two along, we'll see.
Sonic Storm
SoupaSonic
Tesh
House of Mouse 2 , the first event on the Texas Lone Star Circuit 5/7/11 Austin, TX

First time travelling out of city for a tournament, its looking like a big one. Big names like Gnes, Ultimate Razer, Dphat, Ally and Dojo will all be there. As well as other Sonics like Espy(?) and Zero.

HOBO 32, 2nd event on the Texas Lone Star Circuit, 6/18/11 (date unconfirmed?) Houston, TX

Same as HOM2, should be pretty big, With , at the very least, the Houston big names like Razer, Gnes, Illmatic, Trela etc.
XLR8

Might also make a list by tournament if it becomes necessary.

TO-DO:
1. Make a cool banner for this thread, to replace the rather thrown-together images at the top. My photoshop skills are rather poor, but meh.
2. Find more stuff to do/keep up with thread. General cleanliness, I guess.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
SoupaSonic
TAER 5, March 5th 2011, Simsbury Connecticut, most likely going

Notes: Pretty unexperienced. Has a lack of matchup knowledge, uses only Sonic during tourney but sometimes uses ROB, Falco, and Ness during friendlies. Wants to learn about his strengths and weaknesses, so criticism is very good.

------------------------
I really like this idea, I'd like to play with other Sonic mains

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Storm
DMT 6, the weekend before WHOBO I think, Amarillo Texas, likely going.

Notes:
The last DMT I went to, I got 7th/8th. I'm fairly certain that had I picked my options better and not been so reckless, there would have been a good chance I would have gotten 5th or better. But ah well, that's the past and this is now. It's time to make up for it. I'm not sure if I'll go solo Sonic like last DMT, I have an affinity toward using different low-tier characters, and I've recently taken a liking to Mario, and been working on my Yoshi once again, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh
WHOBO 3

Notes:
I live right here in houston, I might as well attend right? I'll money match any Sonic there for 750 cents!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Life

Smash Hero
Oh goody. It was getting lonely around here.

BTW, I'll be out and probably w/o internet access until around Sundayish, starting tomorrow evening.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
SoupaSonic
Hall of gaming 4, April 2nd 2011, Wallingford Connecticut
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11619

Notes: These can get pretty stacked. Bizkit is hosting it. The last two I went to were pretty fun, the location is pretty good because they sell snacks at the venue and there's a subway like a few steps away. At HOG 2 some New York people came, I think Jersey did too but idk

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
XLR8
VGBC and Xanadu Gaming Presents: Baltimore Brawl 2, March 26, 2011 Baltimore, Maryland

Notes: Its a local tourney that is being hosted by VGBC and Logic that usually attracts PA smashers like Chibo and Kingtoon and it brought out some new faces. Last time i went there i got 25th/51, tho i won when i went ike and when i switched to sonic i lost 1game of a set. This one im gonna try to go all sonic, no matter what happens.

Misc. info: Speed is also goin

Edit: i accidently double posted, if u can delete the post plz do plz?

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
XLR8

VGBC and Xanadu Gaming Presents: Baltimore Brawl 2, Mar. 26, 2011, Baltimore, Maryland

Note: A local MD/VA tourney that attracts PA smashers usually and brought some new faces. Its being hosted by VGBC and Logic. VGBC will be streaming there like last time. Last i went there i got 25/51 with mostly ike instead of sonic. This im goin all sonic regardless of wat happens. Also Speed is coming as well.

Life

Smash Hero
I can't delete posts (AFAIK) but I'll add nonetheless.

Great to finally see a post in here, LOL

Also debating whether to remove old entries/which ones to remove/how old, any feedback?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Remove old entries as soon as the tourney date passes/when you get the chance to do so?

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
That was originally the plan. But now I'm not sure. Can't hurt to leave those entries there...

Right now I'm thinking if the entry is in Tournament Results, it'll be removed from here.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Storm
OKGamers Monthlies, Saturday March 26 2011, Tulsa, Okahoma, Confirmed.

So if this tournament has around 16-18 people like it did last time I was there, and I make it past the first round, that means that I passed KID's Bad Sonic Challenge and made at least 13th at a tournament, right? :awesome:

Bassem, Chuck Nasty, and Young Deezy are most likely going to this, so they stand in my way of making Top 3. But I've been on my A-game as of late, so I'm going in fully confident and sure of myself.

Life

Smash Hero
Sonic Storm
OKGamers Monthlies, Saturday March 26 2011, Tulsa, Okahoma, Confirmed.

So if this tournament has around 16-18 people like it did last time I was there, and I make it past the first round, that means that I passed KID's Bad Sonic Challenge and made at least 13th at a tournament, right? :awesome:

Bassem, Chuck Nasty, and Young Deezy are most likely going to this, so they stand in my way of making Top 3. But I've been on my A-game as of late, so I'm going in fully confident and sure of myself.

Awesome, and good luck!

Also, I'll be away for the remainder of the week and sometime next week as well. Busy, busy! I don't think I'll have problems keeping up..... <.<

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yes I'm bumping this thread.

Tesh
House of Mouse 2 , the first event on the Texas Lone Star Circuit 5/7/11 Austin, TX

First time travelling out of city for a tournament, its looking like a big one. Big names like Gnes, Ultimate Razer, Dphat, Ally and Dojo will all be there. As well as other Sonics like Espy(?) and Zero.

Life

Smash Hero
Holy crap this has fallen into disrepair.

Clearing out all entries except Tesh's new one.

EDIT: not quite, there's a few future tournaments yet.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Might as well add me up for....

Tesh
HOBO 32, 2nd event on the Texas Lone Star Circuit, 6/18/11 (date unconfirmed?) Houston, TX

Same as HOM2, should be pretty big, With , at the very least, the Houston big names like Razer, Gnes, Illmatic, Trela etc.

Browny

Smash Hater
Browny
Genesis 2, july 15-17, california, practically confirmed.
Biggest tourney of 2011 with a variety of international visitors from France, UK, Australia, Canada and more :) My first 'big' tournament, I'll be making a holiday out of this, visiting vegas as well.

:phone:

Top Bottom