• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Whole New World - [PCT RMT]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Welcome to my RMT for our metagame, the Poké Center Tier (yeah, just made that name up).

I wanted a smooth blend of OU and new Pokémon. It is pure offense, with no set-up sweepers, and no bulky sweepers. An offensive Stealth Rock lead, two revenge killers, a priority-abusing Life Orb sweeper and a Choice Scarf user brilliant STAB, two mixed sweepers, both from the ranks of OU, and finally, a Substitute + 3 attacks Life Orb sweeper.

Thanks to pokebeach.com for the images.

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 80 SAtk
Hardy Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion

Considering Protect over Thunderbolt to Protect myself from Fake Out leads.

Probably my new favorite lead. Taunt prevent entry hazards from being set up. Stealth Rock deals damage and discourages switching. Thunderbolt is generic STAB. Explosion lets me go out with a bang.
EVs allow me to outspeed Aerodactyl while maximizing my special attack.

How I do against other leads:
Azelf: I outspeed and Taunt. If they used Psychic, I set up Stealth Rocks as they kill me. I win.
Aerodactyl: I outspeed and Taunt. If they used Earthquake, I set up Stealth Rocks as they kill me. I win.
Swampert: I outspeed and Taunt. If they used Earthquake, I set up Stealth Rocks as they kill me. I win.
Machamp: I set up Stealth Rock and fall to a Bullet Punch. I win.
Jirachi: I am outsped. Iron Head is a 2HKO at best, so I have a good chance at getting up my Stealth Rocks. If they Trick me a Scarf, I switch to Infernape after setting up my Rocks.
Infernape: Set up Stealth Rocks and then die.
Ninjask: Taunt. Win.
Tyranitar: I am OHKOed by everything. Set up Stealth Rocks.
Heatran: I outspeed and Taunt. If they used Earth Power, I set up Stealth Rocks as they kill me. I win.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Aqua Jet
- Bite
- Ice Shard

Priority abuse. Fake Out is for free damage. Aqua Jet and Bite are STAB, while Ice Shard gives me great type coverage. Revenge kills Rampardos, +1 Salamence, all kinds of stuff. I play very cautiously with Sharpedo until I know my opponent has none of the Pokémon that can only be revenge killed by Sharpedo.

Infernape (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Spd / 64 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Overheat

Standard physical Mixed Infernape. Close Combat is STAB, and Overheat is a very powerful attack that hurts pretty much everything. Stone Edge gives me type coverage, while U-turn is one of the best moves in the game. I often send out Infernape or Flygon against a full-health Pokémon that I can OHKO and U-turn early in the game, giving me an idea of my opponent's team structure and individual team members.

Rampardos (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Similar to Infernape, Rampardos is often sent out against health Pokémon that I can OHKO. Substitute eases prediction, and is one of the best moves in the game. Head Smash and Earthquake give me perfect coverage, with Fire Punch being used for Bronzong, and as a replacement Head Smash; Rampardos's ridiculous Attack stat means I can use Fire Punch to get many KOs, as it doesn't damage myself and has perfect accuracy.

Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 Spd / 240 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower

Standard MixMence. He 2HKOs the entire metagame. Excellent type coverage combined with incredible offensive stats means I can blindly fire off Draco Meteors and dent everything in my path. Flamethrower is used because Fire Blast misses whenever it needs to hit. Being able to scout out my opponent's Steel-types is very helpful, as it lets my Infernape and Rampardos tear their **** up. Once Steel-types are gone, Salamence and Flygon clean up.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- ThunderPunch

Choice Scarf Flygon is an excellent revenge killer for one reason: U-turn. As mentioned with Infernape, U-turn lets me scout and allows me to switch in Pokémon that counter my opponent's. But aside from a weak Bug-type attack, Flygon also has Earthquake and Outrage, giving me great coverage. ThunderPunch is used to kill Gyarados. Stone Edge is fairly redundant with Infernape and Rampardos both packing Rock-type moves. Similarly, Fire Blast isn't used because Infernape and Salamence both has Fire-type moves. Also Flygon has ****ty special attack.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering splendid
Tell me princess now when did you last
Let your heart decide?

Doesn't Rampardos' Mold Breaker allow you ne negate Bronzong's Levitate and hit it with Earthquake? Assuming Skarmory and Scizor are taken care of by Head Smash, what else do you need Fire Punch for?

Any particular reason for MixMence over DDMence?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, Mold Breaker. Fire Punch used to be for Skarmory, but I think UltiMario pointed out that Head Smash does more. But I still prefer the reliable and safe Fire Punch (followed by a Head Smash in the case of Skarmory). There's not much else I could use... Hippowdon is the only hard counter. I guess I could throw on Rock Polish or Swords Dance for the lulz.

I've always found MixMence to be more effective, for several reasons:
You don't have to set up. No chance of dying because that Gliscor carries Stone Edge for some reason.
You don't have to predict, just Draco Meteor. Standard DDMence can be taken down by clever switching and Intimidate juggling (usually together).
It fits the theme of the team better. I suppose I could use DDMence as a late-game sweeper, but I'd rather use something like SubPetaya Empoleon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why do need Fire Punch for Bronzong? Mold Breaker Earthquakes pull through for you. Fire Punch is more suited for Skarmory.

Edit - Ninja response'd.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I suppose I could use DDMence as a late-game sweeper, but I'd rather use something like SubPetaya Empoleon.
Maybe you could use SubSDSalac/SubRPLitchi Rampardos :D

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Fake Out + Aqua Jet kills other Sharpedo. Maybe Jolly nature?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think the point was that if your Sharpedo dies another Sharpedo will get 4 easy kills.

ss118

Smash Master
Use Stone Edge over Fire Punch so that recoil doesn't auto-kill you.

Electrode needs max speed. Otherwise other electrode might get the jump and stop you from setting up SR while they set up theirs.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He doesn't care because losing speed ties isn't any better then simply being outsped to him.

Also rampardos doesn't care for recoil, he doesn't take THAT much damage and insta-dying to every move and its mother w/o recoil or dying to every move and its mother w/ recoil makes no diff.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Use Stone Edge over Fire Punch so that recoil doesn't auto-kill you.

Electrode needs max speed. Otherwise other electrode might get the jump and stop you from setting up SR while they set up theirs.
Stone Edge doesn't resolve my accuracy gripes. Though it's probably better than Fire Punch. Still considering Rock Polish; Swords Dance, while awesome, probably won't be used.

Sharpedo is a *****. Uh... I have no idea what could take its attacks. Argho Poliwrath kind of sucks. Skarmory, Hariyama, and Breloom are probably my best choices.

I think I'll try to find a good EV spread for a Breloom. Always liked using the guy.

And yeah, I hate speed ties. Against other Electrode, I'd probably just Explode and switch to Pedo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeaaaaaah, about that.

Breloom is 2HKO'd by Ice Shard unless you run 252HP/200+Def with a +Def Nature. Good luck with that. Frailer versions (such at the standard spore puncher) are OHKO'd with SR.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Standard Breloom isn't OHKOd. Sacrifice, switch in, take a hit, Spore, do stuff.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Dark Pulse 2HKOs Cloyster. OHKO if you run an offensive set.

Rock Blast OHKOs back, though. If you don't miss.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Code:
| Sharpedo   | Move         | Dark Pulse       |    12.1 |
| Sharpedo   | Move         | Dark Pulse       |     7.7 |
| Sharpedo   | Move         | Dark Pulse       |     8.1 |
Okay, fine. Also Cloyster sucks.

Whenever I Ctrl + F to search for "Sharpedo", I always get Combee with Sharp Beak if I don't spell it out to "e".

Top Bottom