• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A way to make Ssbb online better

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
I might have found a way to make playing Ssbb online a lot better and more fun. You guys might not think its a good idea but I think it might work.

Alright, so Sakurai didn't make the online too great. Sure, if we battle with our friends, we can send messages and see their names, but if it's a random person, we don't know their name and can't send them messages. As soon as the battle is over, we can't battle them again. And if we ever did, we wouldn't know if it is the same person or not. Also, not only that, you can only play 1 custom stage per day, unless you are battling a friend.

So, maybe we could get each others wii friend codes on this forum, and a lot of other smash bros/wii/video game forums, and other players, and gather tons and tons of friend codes. You don't need to know them, or be friends with them. Just have them on your list. So say after a few months, you have a couple hundred friends, maybe more. You would have all these people on your friend list, and just send them a battle invitation or something.

Then, whether or not you know the person you are battling, you can:

-Send them messages
-See their name
-Re-battle them again and again if you want
-Chat with them before or after the battle
*-And best of all, you don't have to play just 1 custom stage per day. You can play as many people's custom stages as you like whenever you feel like it.

So anyway, do you think this would work? When Brawl comes out, just go to any website you can find and get everyones friend codes. Make topics, reply to topics, do whatever, and just get anyone's code. Don't think of it as having a bunch of friends or too many friends, think of it as if you are looking at a bunch of games/rooms you can join, like a normal online game.

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I guess that could work.
I lost all of my friends on Nintendo Nsider like Nayrman and StarWindWizard. I wonder if they're around here or somewhere

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Shishou speaks the truth.

And igloo, I think we were all going to do this anyway. ^_^
This is what people did with games like Pokemon D/P, except I hope it's not that much of a pain in this one.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Shishou speaks the truth.

And igloo, I think we were all going to do this anyway. ^_^
This is what people did with games like Pokemon D/P, except I hope it's not that much of a pain in this one.
Ok, cool. And I don't get it. What does Shishou mean?

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
We don't want to have another Halo 2 on our hands, no chatting. And one custom stage is good enough, especially since you can save it.

san-romanov

Smash Cadet
This idea has been discussed to death, There are a lot of threads which propose the same thing.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Ok, cool. And I don't get it. What does Shishou mean?
He means Nintendo makes online a pain. Which they do. I won't enjoy finding a random person I enjoy fighting only to never play them again because of no communication or friend codes.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There will be a friend code system of organization here on the boards when Brawl comes out. And there is no reason to complain about Brawl's online mode, since it really just comes off as being ungrateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom