• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A video of my Link. Care to comment?

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
-dont use the arrow so much try to approach with the boomerang and a bomb in hand
-dont try to grab that much with link youll get punish greatly every time you miss it.
- try to learn guaranteed combos and the reverse grab.

keep posting vids;)

EazyP

Smash Ace
-dont try to grab that much with link youll get punish greatly every time you miss it.
For me, you can grab all you want (a lot in my case), just don't miss

Against marth it's pretty good because you can shield one of his fsmash attacks and you're normally in range to grab him

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
be less agressive, destroy your enemy from far away with boomerangs and bombs. use less arrows also make sure to set up the dair, don't just use it randomly

cubican62

Smash Cadet
Personally i use dair quite a bit and i think u should have used it more than u did. also around 6:15 u tried to hookshot to the edge but missed. marth was on the other side of the field and you could have made it with just an upB without the risk. i would also use the boomerang more than the arrows because it'll do more damage and i find it easier to connect with.

Hope this helped :)

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Pretty cool match. I have to say that I like your projectile game, although go easy on the arrows. I might need that incorporated into my game. The arrows I mean. When you dthrow, try to upb instead of uair. Try to avoid dashed spin attacks, because it might miss, and you were being too predictable with it. Nice try on ledgehogging with upb. Keep working at it, and make sure to hold toward the ledge.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
USE MORE MINDGAMES. All you did was run directly at him, or directly away from him for the duration of the match, as far as teching concerned, it was pretty obvious teching, as well. Far too aggressive, and far too much carelessness in your play style. I saw times where you would boomerang, then jump directly on top of Marth (Er?) and pull a bomb. If he had simply shielded, powershielded, jumped, or spotdodged the boomerang, you would've eaten a nice fsmash, or fair abuse. You're too reliant on the up+b kill, which is something that all newer Links have to overcome (REMEMBER THIS ONE, MOST OF ALL). Learn to smash/double stick DI directly up and toward the stage from all horizontal kill attempts, and it gives you a more open feel of getting back onto the stage.

The Marth doesn't look comfortable at all wavedashing, but tried to emulate it into his play, and it messed him up. He also has issues with comboing Link, which is something that Marth should have second-nature whenever he does manage to get an approach in. It also seemed that the Marth relied a little too heavily on utilt spam.

Both of you need to work on sweetspotting, and mixing up your recoveries. Both of you need to not rely on inherent attack-from-the-stage option, but drop slightly, double jump onto the stage, into an aerial. Both of you need to work on DI, you were both killed much faster than you had to be.

I'll enjoy watching your Link grow. :O

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
Pretty cool match. I have to say that I like your projectile game, although go easy on the arrows. I might need that incorporated into my game. The arrows I mean. When you dthrow, try to upb instead of uair. Try to avoid dashed spin attacks, because it might miss, and you were being too predictable with it. Nice try on ledgehogging with upb. Keep working at it, and make sure to hold toward the ledge.
Marth can DJ out of dthrow > up+b. Someone's been playing against fast fallers too much? ;O

Evla

Smash Cadet
YEah use less arrows. And if you didn't know your nair is one of your best moves. Makes for great combos

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
use forward tilt as an edgeguard. Its good for when people almost sweetspot, but dont and is just below the up B. Oh and against marth u might want to pick up the light sheild edgeguard (for when hes trying to sweetspot)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
there was one point i saw dthrow dair wide open to you

try it sometimes...it'll kill before uair does

don't use the arrows as much

work on mindgames

and you are the first player i've seen to use all 4 specials in a row in an actual match (bomb, boomerang, arrow, spin attack)

Miss Confetti

Smash Rookie
you suicided in both vids, also, be careful when attacking and grabbing.
that marth started to get smart and downb your attacks a little bit.
you still took all the hits he backfired to you.
second of all, work on l cancel, though you did do well, if you l cancel all the time then you'd be faster than you are now.
i like how you don't leave much room for your opponent to attack back and keep going.
^_^ mmkay, that's all i have to say.

NekoNoBaka13

Smash Rookie
You sure love your B moves. Yes, you shouldnt followup your downthrow with UpB, Marth will DI out of it. Use uptilts at low %, an air attack of your choice at higher %s.

You use projectiles at dangerously close ranges! Again and again and again you pulled out bombs or fired arrows when you were very close to Marth, and he punished you again and again for it! Instead, start SHFFLing Nairs. If can be a bit difficult against Marth, since he has great range with his smash and Fair, but its waay better than throwing projectiles at that range, and better than spamming your grab all the time. This is by far your biggest flaw.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Marth can DJ out of dthrow > up+b. Someone's been playing against fast fallers too much? ;O
Heh heh...please excuse my ignorance. On that note, is the utilt good for most characters that don't fast fall? And the upb is only good on fastfallers?

Top Bottom