• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A tough choice

Octave

Smash Ace
Recently, my laptop's AC adapter burned out and the battery doesn't hold a long enough charge to do anything without it. I've been debating for a week as to what I should do about it. My choices are:

1) Replace the AC Adapter and battery. This will run me anywhere from $110 to $175.

2) Buy a new laptop. This is the laptop that I'm currently looking at and would like some opinions on it.

Imo that much money for an AC adapter and battery (even at the lower end of the spectrum) is too much for two simple parts, but don't want to go and spend a TON of money on a new laptop. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

Octave

Smash Ace
The laptop I have now works fine but it's really big (19" screen) and that'd be pretty cumbersome to take to class every day, I think. It's 3 years old, too, so the hardware isn't exactly up to date. Also yeah, I noticed that that one is recertified. If you've got a better suggestion, though, I'd be glad to hear it. :bee:

n!njaAttack!

Smash Rookie
It depends on what you are using your laptop for.
If it's for basic everyday stuff like word processing, web browsing, chatting with friends. Then just buy the power supply.

If you're more of a media junkie like me (Gaming, more advanced photo editing, video editing, HD movie watching), you might wanna buy a new one.

flaco

The Terminator
I would recommend to get a new laptop think about it you will get a new ac adapter and have a new laptop

Top Bottom