• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A timeless hero

petycash

Smash Rookie
Well, the biggest help that this may be is a morale boost. As a TL main, he's my favorite character and I've always loved link since the original smash, and all the Zelda games are great so I wrote a tribute of sorts to the little fellow. Here's my hand at a poem for Toon Link. Enjoy :D

Whether it be bombs, arrows, a sword or boomerang,
upon the opponent weapons will rain.
Reigning supreme to all, he plays his song.
Now don't get me wrong,
his sword isn't that long,
but he's got a mastery of blades.
He may be oblong,
but he emerges unscaved.
This heroes time is now.
He shines through above the crowd.
Nobody expects him to go far,
though he's a beckoning star.
Keep on gaurd,
this boy will raise the bar.
What he lacks in stature, he makes up in speed.
No need for a car,
he'll call his trusty stead.
And a hasty hookshot my be cold,
but it'll never get old.

A hero to all.
You shall never fall.

On a talking boat you ride the great blue.
May you never sink.
We love you,
Toon Link.​

petycash

Smash Rookie
Why thank you, lol. I'm working on one for Marth as well, though with his I'm trying to include more little things like "but he's got a mastery of blades" = TL has the master sword. Little things like that that you may not catch :D There's a couple in this one, but it could be more. Things like this can be the product of my boredom.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Dam man. Props.
I really liked it.

petycash

Smash Rookie
Thanks. If anybody has any request on a character they wanna see something similiar to this for then feel free to tell me. I can't make promises but I'd be happy to try.

petycash

Smash Rookie
Well I think pokemon trainer's might be hard to do considering he's 3 different characters, but I'll try my hand at it sometime. It may be a couple days before any more are done though, cause I don't like rushing through something and if I don't do it today then I won't do it on Friday cause that's my b-day but I'll get to it and hope to see it in the PT forums soon. Also on a side note don't worry about asking me to do w/e character cause I might end up doing them all before it's over and I have fun doing it ^^

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Although one thing about TL is that he doesn't have a steed, he has a boat ;p.
Of course if you're considering the Four Swords Link then that makes since.

All in all, it's great.

petycash

Smash Rookie
That was the one thing I thought about, I didn't think anybody would catch it :p or at least hoping nobody would. I was also thinking about the "He's a high tier guy" and that includes him with a horse. Just as much Zelda as would work :D

petycash

Smash Rookie
Alright well if you liked this one and wanted to see more or you're a fan of marth a new one is up and on the marth forums. I may do shiek/zelda one next since shiek is one of my other favorite characters, I'm just a big zelda fan. I make no promises though, if anybody has any comment about how one should be done or wants to share an idea then let me know and I'll see what'll happen. =]

Top Bottom