• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Thank You to Those Who Care

Cinder

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=893]A Thank You to Those Who Care[/drupal]

First off, I'm only really writing this here because several of the people I'd like to address can be reached in no other way...*sigh* anyway, let's get this over with...

As most of you probably don't know, my grandfather was diagnosed with a form of stomach cancer that caused his liver to fail...for the past week, my family has been visiting the hospital in shifts, since the doctors told us he wasn't gonna make it anyway. Today, he flatlined three times, managing to get back from each one on his own...but at 11:50 on December 23rd, he drew his last breath and gave up the fight.

This blog entry is to publically thank those of you (mainly the NeW crew) who were supporting me this whole time, even though I've never met them in person. It does my heart good to know that you all have cared so much about me in this time of need, and I wanted to thank you all for your support. It has done me a world of good to have you guys with me this whole time. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart and hope that I'll have y'all for a long time to come.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Really, really sorry this happened, Chris...I hope you pull through this in the end. I've had my own share of grief, so I know what you must be going through. Just remember your friends are here for ya. ^^;

General_Moon

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=893]A Thank You to Those Who Care[/drupal]

First off, I'm only really writing this here because several of the people I'd like to address can be reached in no other way...*sigh* anyway, let's get this over with...

As most of you probably don't know, my grandfather was diagnosed with a form of stomach cancer that caused his liver to fail...for the past week, my family has been visiting the hospital in shifts, since the doctors told us he wasn't gonna make it anyway. Today, he flatlined three times, managing to get back from each one on his own...but at 11:50 on December 23rd, he drew his last breath and gave up the fight.

This blog entry is to publically thank those of you (mainly the NeW crew) who were supporting me this whole time, even though I've never met them in person. It does my heart good to know that you all have cared so much about me in this time of need, and I wanted to thank you all for your support. It has done me a world of good to have you guys with me this whole time. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart and hope that I'll have y'all for a long time to come.
Im so sorry for your loss... I have never met you. but know this. My grandmother died last august cause her kidneys failed in her sleep, 4:00, it was a bomb shell the next morning.
Really sorry man... Hope you pull through just like i did. (Or hoped i would have...)

Oh, and i have one thats going away soon... I hope that i have assists just like you did... Sorries, of course you would pm me if you did actully care... = (

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Chris, I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. I talked to you briefly about this, but know that you have friends to go to when things like this happen. I apologize for not being able to say all that much, but I never was good at talking about these situations..

My best wishes to you and your family to get through this tough time.

May he rest in peace.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Well Chris you already know I'm here to help if you need it. ^^;

Sorry to hear about the death. I know it can't be easy for you but everyone here is there for you to make it easier.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♫ I feel for you... It has to be terrible losing him at this kind of time. I hope you take it easy. We're here for you. ♫

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
o chris im srry dude. (to much cancer in this world) first off one of my friends at the PC, grandfather died of cancer. ( dont know detials), then there's your grandpa, and to top it all off a 11 year old kid i know personally died of a form of brain cancer. im getting really sick of this stuff. well anyways chris srry for the loss and my condolences to whoever in your family needs them.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Don't let it stress you out, Chris. Prove to your Pops that you can help him by winning your life-long battle.
Just about everybody who still plays Melee is here for you. But it goes... So, so much more than that. We're all a community here to hel; regardless.

He needs his rest, as do all senile, including the young.

Cinder

Smash Master
*tilts head*

He's already dead...he died an hour before I made this thread o.o and I have no intention of going anytime soon...but thanks ^^;

EDIT: Or am I just misreading?

Top Bottom