• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Technique I Use (Advanced?)

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Let's just start by saying I'm not posting this to desperately try to discover a new advanced technique. I am simply sharing a technique that I use on Brawl. Which, by the way, is the best game ever, requiring more skill and technique then Melee ever did.

Okay, I don't have a camera or recording device so if someone can decipher what I'm saying and videotape thmselves doing it, that would be fine.

Basically, it's a short-hop fake. I discovered it when I was fooling around and seeing what would happen if I tried to wavedash. It isn't a glitch at all, but what happens is that you can jump and air dodge at the same time, landing neatly behind an opponent. I use it for awesome mind games. Usually my foe will try an attack, that will miss, and I hit the from behind with an a-a-a combo, or even a grab or smash attack. You can do it with short-hop or normal jumps.

All you do is, with a GCN Controller, jump, and immediately press L or R. It will result in a sort of "dodge jump."

Once again, this is NOT a desperate attempt to discover a new technique. Try it out, or not. All I'm saying is that it's awesome for faking out opponents. After a while, they might not* expect my Link down air. ;)

Tell me what you think!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let's just start by saying I'm not posting this to desperately try to discover a new advanced technique. I am simply sharing a technique that I use on Brawl. Which, by the way, is the best game ever, requiring more skill and technique then Melee ever did.
"Requires more skill" = Debatable and a matter of opinion.
"Requires more technique" = Fact and undebatable. No, it doesn't.

Basically, it's a short-hop fake. I discovered it when I was fooling around and seeing what would happen if I tried to wavedash. It isn't a glitch at all, but what happens is that you can jump and air dodge at the same time, landing neatly behind an opponent. I use it for awesome mind games. Usually my foe will try an attack, that will miss, and I hit the from behind with an a-a-a combo, or even a grab or smash attack. You can do it with short-hop or normal jumps.
This is just a gimped version of the Triangle Jump from Melee (only now you can't airdodge directionally anymore).

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Okay okay okay. Please don't focus on the fact that I stated my opinions here. Once again, you all aren't reading my post. It isn't an attempt to discover a new triangle jump, I'm simply stating a cool trick I use. If you don't have anything constructive and if you haven't even tried it, don't bother posting. You aren't doing anyone a favor.

Mufasta

Smash Rookie
that's YOUR opinion Yuna

Give reasons WHY melee requires more technique

thank you, no flames please or else I shall forge The Great Flame Shield Of Impentrible Darkness :bee:
(S)he said its a gimped version of the triangle jump, which sounds pretty accurate to me. With his, you are just doing a short hop to an air dodge which is what the triangle jump was, except you aren't wavedashing at the end.

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
(S)he said its a gimped version of the triangle jump, which sounds pretty accurate to me. With his, you are just doing a short hop to an air dodge which is what the triangle jump was, except you aren't wavedashing at the end.

No, I was asking Yuna why melee needed more technique

Jobe

Smash Cadet
Because there are advanced techniques and they're hard to learn? Did you play competitive smash...?

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't think you can even put up an argument (at this point in time) that brawl is more technical than melee. It isn't.

Reasons why melee was more technical:

1) Wave dashing/landing
-Allows for very advanced spacing for your moves.
-Creates a whole new form of travel. Which halves the predictability of your character.
-Creates an out of most situations.

2) L-Canceling
-Opens up a door for new sets of combos.
-Takes away options of defense from your opponent.
-Hard to preform consistently.

What does brawl have? Parrying? They made everything easier in brawl. Sweet spotting edges, wall jumping, grabbing items, short hopping.

Melee is more technical.

And as far as this move goes...you might as well be advertising smash attacks. you press two buttons at roughly the same time. At the very most this should be in the tactical section.

http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181

Top Bottom